Last Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Day
Re: Last Day
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

(This isn't a very clear prompt for suggestions, I think that's more of an issue than the updating time. I'd recommend trying to end an update by presenting an open-ended problem to solve; here, though, we just have "oh look, something's happening".)

Larto: Panic, inadvertently save Dorothy in the process of panicking. Also inadvertently make things worse somehow.
Originally posted on MSPA by Stickmeister.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:(This isn't a very clear prompt for suggestions, I think that's more of an issue than the updating time. I'd recommend trying to end an update by presenting an open-ended problem to solve; here, though, we just have "oh look, something's happening".)
Actually, I figured I'd get suggestions pertaining to whether or not he wants to save Manfreddie's last duck by tackling Beetle and saving whomever-it-is in the tie dye shirt.
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
Originally posted on MSPA by trulyElse.

Stickmeister Wrote:Actually, I figured I'd get suggestions pertaining to whether or not he wants to save Manfreddie's last duck by tackling Beetle and saving whomever-it-is in the tie dye shirt.
> Tackle beetle to save whomever it is in the tie dye shirt.

> Listen in.
Originally posted on MSPA by BigBurkhart.

Try and get a better view. Stay hidden, though.
Originally posted on MSPA by SNeakyRobot.

> You can tell that the duck is already zombiefied so you need not bother saving it. If you could save anybody, you would be running around saving people. You are currently protecting the ducks. Something you CAN do. Keep up the good work.
Originally posted on MSPA by Professor zobot.

Larto: Keep DOWN you fool!
Originally posted on MSPA by Grug.

On page 11 right now. Tagged! Awesome story.
Originally posted on MSPA by Steve Potluck.

Duck (Blossom?): Leap out of his hands and save your sister!

Grug Wrote:On page 11 right now. Tagged! Awesome story.
Thanks!

Hey, small non-update. I was fed up with some of the art in Last Day's old panels and because I've made a lot of art progression within the past year I redrew the first panel. Check it out:

[Image: 001r.png]

I don't know yet if I'm going to revise anything past the first panel (possibly Jennifer's introduction and a few panels that I really really hate) but I like how this turned out.

I would love to completely redraw Last Day up to this point, especially because I can see a lot of panels in much better angles with refined character designs, proportions and shading, (especially proportions, I really hate how big some heads are in some panels) but I feel that it's not worth the time.

What do you think?
Originally posted on MSPA by Grug.

How about one re-draw for every 2 full updates. That way you can compromise improving old art with creating new content.

Amazing adventure, by the way. the character designs are so good.

Grug Wrote:How about one re-draw for every 2 full updates. That way you can compromise improving old art with creating new content.

Amazing adventure, by the way. the character designs are so good.
When everyone is in a tie and dress shirt, you've got to have distinct faces.
Originally posted on MSPA by Eversor.

To be humbly honest, I enjoy the old panels the way they look, I enjoy watching the progression on the art style. Also I think the way you told the story back then worked well with the quick line work, not to say it was rushed and choppy, but rather the humor was loose and free, but now we got something a bit more on rails and structured solidly so it goes to say the quality has improved too.

Eversor Wrote:To be humbly honest, I enjoy the old panels the way they look, I enjoy watching the progression on the art style. Also I think the way you told the story back then worked well with the quick line work, not to say it was rushed and choppy, but rather the humor was loose and free, but now we got something a bit more on rails and structured solidly so it goes to say the quality has improved too.
I would agree with that, actually, but I really do dislike the older panels art. With progression comes inconsistencies, and those inconsistencies bother me greatly. I'm going to keep the old panels within the post beneath a spoiler if that helps. It would be interesting to see the differences in all of the panels, possibly while reading for the first time. I'm mostly bothered by folks reading Last Day for the first time and seeing the art for what it once was rather than what it is now. This wouldn't bother me if Last Day were older, and I was not still working on it, because it wouldn't make sense to revise the super-old pages of a long running comic, but I'm consistently improving throughout the years and I want to deliver the best experience to people who are reading, which includes art.

Next post of mine will be an update.
Originally posted on MSPA by suomynonAyletamitlU.

Unless you're planning to put it out as a book (not saying I wouldn't buy it) there's no value to redrawing it. I don't often go back and reread old adventures (few do, I think), and new readers won't care more than a little.

SpoilerShow
Dragon Fogel Wrote:Larto: Panic, inadvertently save Dorothy in the process of panicking. Also inadvertently make things worse somehow.
[Image: 838.png]

Hey, are you making fun of me? You'd love to be a hero, but you just know you're going to run into a bunch of zombie things or whatever they are. And you gotta protect these ducks, too.

BigBurkhart Wrote:Try and get a better view. Stay hidden, though.
[Image: 839.png]

That's a better idea. Hopefully you still can't be seen that well, but you get a good look at the hidden face...

[Image: 840.png]

Dorothy! And she's not all computer-ified and whatnot! She seems to be tired, probably from running around from those things outside.

"Beetle...hah...that's...that's that thing! In your arms! ...The thing that attacked me! You threw it!

[Image: 842.png]

"Yes I suppose that is a thing that I did."

[Image: 841.png]

"You're...you're a lunatic! What the hell is going on?! Are you trying to scare me or something?!"

[Image: 843.png]

"Well, perhaps you could run that again by my friend here. He can handle your little problem better than I can."

[Image: 844.png]

"Your friend?! I don't care who it is, if you're trying to hurt me, admit it! I'm about five seconds from...

[Image: 845.gif]

"...from...you...did this. Oh my god you did this. The duck, the people, and now him...you did this, Ben. You really fucking did this."

[Image: 846.png]

Hmph.

Now there's no mistaking who that could be. You just hope he's not one of them either.
Originally posted on MSPA by Eversor.

This guy should have a tub of popcorn at this point...its getting good!
Originally posted on MSPA by BigBurkhart.

Eversor Wrote:This guy should have a tub of duck corn at this point...its getting good!
Come on, you gotta feed the little guys!
Originally posted on MSPA by Anthano Zasalla.

> But who is it
Originally posted on MSPA by Professor zobot.

Ok Larto. Maybe you SHOULD get involved. Watch a bit more, but if the girl looks to be in danger, try to find something you can weaponize to try and rescue her. Maybe a stapler or something?
Originally posted on MSPA by trulyElse.

Anthano Zasalla Wrote:> But who is it
I thought it's implied that it's the BOSS.

trulyElse Wrote:I thought it's implied that it's the BOSS.
But, that means...

SpoilerShow

Anthano Zasalla Wrote:> But who is it
It's Beetle. He and the boss are both immune. Or maybe I'm wrong about that last part. I can't remember.

SNeakyRobot Wrote:It's Beetle. He and the boss are both immune. Or maybe I'm wrong about that last part. I can't remember.
From this.

Some douchebag Wrote:Of course, the EXECUTE zombies are programmed to not attack two people: you, and the BOSS.

Stickmeister Wrote:Of course, the EXECUTE zombies are programmed to not attack two people: you, and the BOSS.
Then who was that really tall one behind Beetle in the shadows? I can only think of one person with that outlandish HEIGHT statistic: the BOSS

Maybe Beetle changed the program, since it's fairly clear now that he's ultimately the one behind it.

> Be Frank Furter