Bee Puns Text Adventure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bee Puns Text Adventure
Re: Bee Puns Text Adventure
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

HaloKirby9 Wrote:The Bee-shop
You proceed to the Bee-shop. He greets you as you enter.

"Good day, my child!" he says. "Would you like spiritual guidance in following the path of Beesus Christ, or would you like to take advantage of our special on Honey Bars? Two for the price of one, today only!"

What will you do? Ask for guidance, or buy something? Or both?
Originally posted on MSPA by Lawbro.

Read some Kate Beeton for hilarious historical commentary about your hive.
Originally posted on MSPA by Lawbro.

Read some Kate Beeton for hilarious historical commentary about your hive.
Originally posted on MSPA by thegreenspark.

> Explain your sticky situation to the bee-shop.

> Explain your sticky situation to the bee-shop.

Lawbro Wrote:Read some Kate Beeton for hilarious historical commentary about your hive.
You pause in your conversation to check out your favorite comic, Buzz! A Drone!

[Image: Beeton.png]

That relieved your stress a little. But now it's back to work!

SpoilerShow

thegreenspark Wrote:> Explain your sticky situation to the bee-shop.
You tell the Bee-shop about your Royal Quest to find out the source of the disastrous pollen. A grim look falls upon his face.

"This sounds like something spoken of in the ancient texts. There is an evil pollen that brought ruin to the ancient hives of Babeelon, burning them to ash. But the flowers that produced it would have been dead for thousands of years! How could they exist here once more?"

The Bee-shop buzzes nervously around the store.

"The answer may lie in the ruins of Babeelon, but it is far away. Too long of a journey for one bee's lifetime. Fortunately, I may have a solution."

The Bee-shop opens a door in the back, and motions for you to follow. You do so and find a strange device.

"This ancient and holy machine is part of a teleportation network. I can send you to Babeelon in an instant... but, sadly, the device has not worked in quite some time. It is missing its power source, a rare gem known as a Rubee. I have heard rumors that there is one somewhere in this city, but I know little more than that."

You tell the Bee-Shop you'll go looking for it. You have a new quest: Find a RUBEE!

The Bee-shop thanks you for your hard work, and leads you back to the store. Is there anything you want to purchase before continuing on your quest?
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

> See if he has an MBee3 player. You'll need some good beets for your adventure. Perhaps the Bee-52s, or maybe the Beetles?
Originally posted on MSPA by Menen.

Or your favorite Male teenage singer! Justin Beever (was that joke already made?)
Originally posted on MSPA by CheeseDeluxe.

Seriously? This thread is still going on?

Pinary Wrote:> See if he has an MBee3 player. You'll need some good beets for your adventure. Perhaps the Bee-52s, or maybe the Beetles?
As a matter of fact, he does! You purchase the MBee3 player, and go to the bTunes site to download some songs by the Bee-52s and the Beetles, as well as various other popular insect bands.

"This is a blessed MBee3 Player," the Bee-shop tells you. "It will lend you special abilities based on the songs on it, but you must convince the artists of the songs to allow you to use those powers. Until then, it just plays catchy tunes."

You remember that the Beetles had a concert near here! Maybe you should check that out?

Menen Wrote:Or your favorite Male teenage singer! Justin Beever (was that joke already made?)
UGH. There is no way you are putting Justin Bee-ber on your MBee3 Player, even if his music somehow turns out to hold the key to saving the world. Forget that. You have some standards.

Are you ready to leave and resume your quest?
Originally posted on MSPA by JohnEvans.

Sounds like it's time to check out the Beetles.

> Ask the bee-shop if he has any idea where to beegin searching for a rubee.
If not, seek out the Beetles at the bee-shop's beehest.

thegreenspark Wrote:> Ask the bee-shop if he has any idea where to beegin searching for a rubee.
If not, seek out the Beetles at the bee-shop's beehest.
You ask the Bee-shop if he has any idea where to even start looking for the Rubee. He shakes his head sadly.

"I am afraid I know very little. That said, it is very valuable - perhaps a collector of some sort acquired it? That is only a guess, however."

You thank the Bee-shop for his help, and fly off to where you saw the Beetles playing before. It seems the concert has ended. You see a swarm of fans trying to make their way backstage to see the band, but a large frog is blocking the way. He bounces up and down as he calmly, but firmly, tells the various insects that the Beetles aren't seeing anyone right now.

What will you do?
Originally posted on MSPA by omegawill.

Try to get beetwixt (betwixt) the fans, to get to the front of the queue. Tell the bouncer: "Honey, hive (I've) been through too much to put up with your bumble-ing and drone-ing on. Let me through. I'm not pollen your leg, I'm serious. I'm not about to Colletidae (call it a day) on this one. Step aside, or one of us is going to end up in Allodapine (a lotta pain). I'm not just going to be s-ting down and taking this. Let me through to see the band, I'm on important bee's knees (business)."
Originally posted on MSPA by Een.

i don't have any good suggestions D=

I just wanted to say this is my favorite thread on the entire forum xD
Originally posted on MSPA by eerr.

Take the stage, Bee the star!
Originally posted on MSPA by Superfrequency.

CheeseDeluxe Wrote:Seriously? This thread is still going on?
Royal Jelly-ous?
Originally posted on MSPA by Dfaran.

>Insist that you're Paullen McCartbee's brother.

Wheeeeeeatthins Wrote:Go back into the crowd, there are some fine groupies out there. In fact, I think that one over there is a virgin. If you put on the right moves, you might be able to get her in flowerbed and break her hymenoptera
Dfaran Wrote:>Insist that you're Paullen McCartbee's brother.
Perhaps some readers are in need of a reminder. You are a female worker bee named Beeverly, and you are infertile. You are not going to pass for anybody's brother, and your infertility has made you generally unrom-ant-ic.

omegawill Wrote:Try to get beetwixt (betwixt) the fans, to get to the front of the queue. Tell the bouncer: "Honey, hive (I've) been through too much to put up with your bumble-ing and drone-ing on. Let me through. I'm not pollen your leg, I'm serious. I'm not about to Colletidae (call it a day) on this one. Step aside, or one of us is going to end up in Allodapine (a lotta pain). I'm not just going to be s-ting down and taking this. Let me through to see the band, I'm on important bee's knees (business)."
The frog looks down at you skeptically and croaks, "No exceptions, sister. The band is busy as bees."

However, he's interrupted as Ringo Scarrab leaves his dressing room. "Hey, what's the problem here, Hops?"

"Another fan, sir," he croaks at the superstar. "Trying to get in to see you."

Ringo notices your MBee3 player. "Hmm. Looks like she might need our help. Give me a moment here." He walks past the frog and takes a good look at you.

"So you've got one of the Bee-shop's players, right? Nice guy, I know he doesn't give those out to just anyone. You're looking for our help so you can use our song's power. Well, I can't just agree to that right off, but I can give you a chance to earn it."

"What do I have to do?" you ask, eagerly.

"Pretty simple," he replies.

eerr Wrote:Take the stage, Bee the star!
"Get up there and sing a song! One of ours, somebody else's, something of your own creation - doesn't matter! I just want to see if you can sing. If you can, then I can promise the Beetles will help you out. You up for it?"

You agree, and are quickly put on the stage! The fans fill the seats, waiting to hear what you've got.

What will you sing?
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

I should think that obvious.

> Don't Worry, Bee Happy!
Originally posted on MSPA by gloomyMoron.

You'll sing "Let it Bee" by The Beetles.

"When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mar-bee comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, 'Let it bee.'
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, 'Let it bee.'

Let it bee, let it bee, let it bee, let it bee.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it bee.

And when the broken hearted bee-ple living in the world a-bee,
there will bee an answer, 'Let it bee.'
For though they may bee parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. 'Let it bee.'

Let it bee let it bee, .....

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it bee.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mar-bee comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, 'Let it be.'

Let it bee, let it bee, ....."

Pinary Wrote:I should think that obvious.

> Don't Worry, Bee Happy!
You decide to open with the classic song "Don't Worry, Bee Happy!" The crowd applauds afterwards, but they don't seem particularly enthusiastic.

That's okay, you're just warming up.

gloomyMoron Wrote:You'll sing "Let it Bee" by The Beetles.
You then move on to one of your favorite Beetles songs, "Let it Bee". The crowd goes wild! You've hummed along to this song so often that you've really got it down.

Ringo Scarrab, Paullen McCartbee (who is actually a wasp beetle), George Scarabson, and John Lemon (a Japanese beetle with a penchant for lemon trees) all congratulate you on a great performance! They give you permission to use the power of their songs.

You can now use the abilities of any song by the Beetles!

"We've got to get going soon," Ringo tells you as the other Beetles head backstage. "But, I get the feeling you're looking for something important. Now, I can't promise anything, but we do tend to hear a few rumors between performances. If you'd like to ask about something, I've got a little time. I'll tell you if I know anything."

Would you like to ask Ringo Scarrab about anything related to your quest?
Originally posted on MSPA by gloomyMoron.

What's it like being the untalented one? Sorry, that was mean.
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

>Have you heard anything about rubees or the Beatrice? Try not to get a bee in your bonnet if he hasn't.

gloomyMoron Wrote:What's it like being the untalented one? Sorry, that was mean.
Hey! He's offering to help you on your quest! Bee nice!

SleepingOrange Wrote:>Have you heard anything about rubees or the Beatrice? Try not to get a bee in your bonnet if he hasn't.
"The Beeatrice? I'm pretty sure that's just a myth. But as for the rubee... Well, it so happens I might know something. See, just last week we did a show at the Honeydome, and I was scurrying around between performances and saw the owner run into his room carrying a sapphspider, and he didn't come out for a while. I think he might have a hidden stash of jewels in there. Maybee there's a rubee among them - or maybe he knows where to find one."

You thank Ringo for the information. You can now fly to the HONEYDOME!

Will you go there, ask more questions, or do something else?