[split] The Return of Jester Mafia - GAME END!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] The Return of Jester Mafia - GAME END!
RE: The Return of Jester Mafia - Day 8: The Performance of a Lifetime
BORED NOW.

As The man with the striking white mask is the only one to attempt to curry ANY favor I will Vote Mirdini.

THUS HAVE I SPOKEN!
That doesn't sound too vitally important, Cy, but in the interest of interest, me.
Aw man, you were the one person I didn't want to have visited me. Redundancy. Alas.

Okay I'm thinking my plans aren't gonna go through here so I guess I'll just Vote: Mirdini
Infinite sorrows! That today of all days-- our last of days-- should end with so many unfulfilled... sssssomething-or-other, I can't keep this up. Vote: Mirdini, I guess. His coffin shan't be bereft of nails, at least.
There is a clap of thunder. The people have spoken: It is Mirdini who shall meet his end this day.

But what is a death scene without final words? By the grace of the mods, Mirdini has been granted one post before his demise, to speak his final piece.

Mirdini, speak now, and let your true thoughts be known for posterity.
I'd just like to thank all the little people

those people being Jacquerel, Sruixan, and granolaman. You were an inspiration Crying Eagle

Not you NottheAuthor, you are a cad and a bounder and I hope I never find out what the secret behind all your diabolical robot plans was.

Now, without any further ado, let me ASCEND TO GLORIOUS JESTER VICTORY.

I'm... I'm real! I'm a real jester!
Having said his last words, Mirdini steps up to the gallows and laughs. He still laughs to the moment of his demise, dying like a true jester, for that was all that he ever wished to be.

Mirdini was the Jester-in-Training. His greatest desire was to be a full-fledged jester, and since he was surrounded by jesters, he decided to learn from them.

Every night, he could examine one player and would take notes on what they were doing. He also had the choice of performing one of the actions in his notebook, which would be similar to the original player’s action but generally less effective.

Were he to successfully perform three such lessons, he would have learned to be a jester. But there was one final step in this plan: to be lynched, like a true jester. He could claim half a win were but one of these conditions to be met, but for a true win, he had to learn to be a jester and meet his demise as one.

And indeed, he did! Mirdini has won!

Meanwhile, a shout of victory rises up from Granolaman’s corpse, as it turns out he won as well. And not long after, Coldblooded and Sruixan cry out to remind everyone of their already-confirmed victories. There is also a halfhearted shout from SupahKiven, who only earned a half-win.

The rest of the graveyard is silent. It seems everyone else has lost.

But why are the dead suddenly speaking out? Ah, of course, it is because the game has ended. For two members of the mafia survive, and only two others may oppose them.

The villains are the devious yd12k and Not The Author, and together they have, reluctantly, overpowered the unaligned cyber95 and Glorious Leader Paranoia.

yd12k is the Thiefjester, a master of stealth. But as a jester, he couldn’t simply take things - he had to leave them behind as well.

He started with a poisoned needle, and could give that to another player while stealing something from them. If he left the right gift with the right player, they would be able to use it for a one-shot, which generally helped them meet their win condition.

He needed to drop off three such gifts to win, but he only succeeded in delivering one: the neon sign that Coldblooded found. Not long after, he had to take over killing duties and could no longer steal.

And what of his partner?

Not The Author was the Ex-Tattoo Artist. He joined the Mafia because he wanted to put his past behind him and be a ruthless murderer, but there was one problem: He couldn’t help himself. Whenever he saw a defenseless person without a tattoo, he was compelled to put one there.

But if his victim did have a tattoo, then of course his compulsion wouldn’t kick in and he could kill them as normal, even though the Mafia didn’t actually assign him to killing. His goal was to kill three people on consecutive nights. He failed, only scoring one kill over the course of the game.

For the record, it was his idea to tattoo the names of other players. Also, if he had been the last member of the Mafia standing, though he would technically receive the Mafia kill, he would still be subject to his restrictions.

And our two survivors?

cyber95 was the Unlynchable Man. An unlikely accident had granted him superhuman powers, which made him completely immune to lynching - any votes against him just wouldn’t count! As a jester, of course, this was a complete disaster to him.

(Incidentally, this made him count as a non-human. Malky’s win required him to die.)

Fortunately, he also had a wide assortment of weaknesses! And he would explain these weaknesses in detail to anyone he visited. He also left a bunch of signs out around his house to inform anyone who visited him. If someone knew his weaknesses and voted against him, their votes would count.

He would win if he was lynched. Sadly, he was not, and instead he has been put into forced labor by the Mafia.

And finally, there is Jesterland’s glorious leader, Paranoia, who…

Wait. What the hell was Para’s role? And where is he, aren’t those Mafia guys supposed to be forcing him to do their bidding?

Wait a moment...

Para has just issued an official decree declaring his own victory. As leader of Jesterland, of course, his word is law, and so Para has won the game! He has also declared himself immune to anything the Mafia does, so there.

yd12k and Not The Author just shrug their shoulders and drag cyber95 off to do their nefarious bidding. Which they’d be more enthusiastic about if they’d actually met their goals, dang it.

Winners:
Granolaman, who shot himself with his own gun
Coldblooded, who got a member of the scumteam lynched - himself!
Sruixan, who went out wrestling
Mirdini, who died as a real jester
Paranoia, by official decree

Half-Winners:
SupahKiven, who bused everyone on the scumteam except frigidScholar/Coldblooded.

Losers:
Everyone else, including me, Bob, and Solaris.

Quicktopic links and other stuff will go up in the morning, probably.
RE: The Return of Jester Mafia - GAME END!
Everybody that had learned my secret died, it's really annoying.

Also I knew pretty early on I was unlikely to win. I mean, in a game where very rarely is anybody gonna want to lynch an actual person, not only having to contend against that but also having to make try and choose people who will very specifically go for it, and also choosing people that will hopefully stay alive. Yeah I wasn't optimistic.
Thank you for the sign yd12k, it was very helpful. Shame that we couldn't achieve the elusive Full Mafia Win though. But you guys are still winners in my book.
Yd12k. NTA. Get yer dirty mitts away from my bus.
rrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHH SOB I WAS SO CLOSE
(09-13-2013, 06:53 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »Not you NottheAuthor, you are a cad and a bounder and I hope I never find out what the secret behind all your diabolical robot plans was.
Seeing as I never had one, I guarantee you will not.

Whassat Kiven? I can't hear you over my rad repainting job. Graffiti's just body art for buildings, after all. I think I could get into this...

...Kinda wish I had more colors, though.
(09-13-2013, 09:26 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Everybody that had learned my secret died, it's really annoying.

Actually, everyone but Para was able to vote for you on the last day.

(09-13-2013, 04:44 PM)Not The Author Wrote: »
(09-13-2013, 06:53 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »Not you NottheAuthor, you are a cad and a bounder and I hope I never find out what the secret behind all your diabolical robot plans was.
Seeing as I never had one, I guarantee you will not.

This was nothing more than the effect of Pilot's lies giving Mirdini a false report in the morning. He actually had notes on NTA and I would have told him that if, say, he asked me for a list of people he had notes on.

More details to come once I'm awake enough to organize them all.
(09-13-2013, 05:38 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(09-13-2013, 09:26 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Everybody that had learned my secret died, it's really annoying.

Actually, everyone but Para was able to vote for you on the last day.

Dammit. Not that my ability to convince people to change votes is particularly impressive anyways.
Dang, nights were complicated. It's taking me a while to put all this together.

I'll try to get it out this evening, though.
Fogel u r so scm,,, man y u haz to get me ded towwwn!!111

but actually lynching a mod seemed too easy

also

sruixan was the scariest bear wrestler
My take-away from this is that I will go to utterly ridiculous lengths in order to win a silly little game on the internet.

...but then I already knew that. So yeah.

(also Fogel deserves fair respect, given how superbly convoluted this game actually was behind the scenes)
Okay, the big info dump is nearly done. Expect it soon, after I look over it again.

Cyber, I was wrong actually, for some reason I still had bigro listed as being able to vote you even though he was dead.

Your vote on yourself would have counted, but you'd need Mirdini and NTA to go for you, and of course Mirdini was your main lynch-rival.
oh just rub it in why don't ya
Quicktopic list:

SpoilerShow

Night Actions:

Night 1:
SpoilerShow

Night 2
SpoilerShow

Night 3
SpoilerShow

Night 4
SpoilerShow

Night 5
SpoilerShow

Night 6
SpoilerShow

Night 7
SpoilerShow

Potential One-Shots

yd12k's Thiefjester Gifts

SpoilerShow

Mirdini's Jester-In-Training Notes

SpoilerShow

I think that covers everything. Yeah, this game had a lot of crazy details behind the scenes.
Worse then losing is having to continue to play
worse still is that said continueing involves bloody murder
I only wanted some lip on lip action Meloncholy