Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meteos - Visiting: Suburbion
Re: Meteos - Visiting: Suburbion
Originally posted on MSPA by Asmodemus.

> Get your telescope and look at it!
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Asmodemus Wrote:> Get your telescope and look at it!
[Image: 134.png]

That's a meteor! It's a weird square meteor but it's definitely a meteor! And it's coming right for the dome!

Ixcalibur Wrote:> Oh shit! Domestuck is happening for reals! Bother your pals until one of them sends you a disc for the SMETEO SBURBION Beta.
Oh. Em. Gee.

[Image: 135.png]

It's happening! You have to go get ready, like, right now!

[Image: 136.png]

PESTERLOG
SpoilerShow

He's being so unhelpful! How can you convince him to help you in this time of need!?
Originally posted on MSPA by Nucleose.

>Go to his dome and punch him, teach him a lesson
Originally posted on MSPA by PKLpikachu.

> SLOPPY MAKEOUTS. They solve everything!
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

> Any chance you can take a picture of the meteor as proof?

> Can you even leave?

Ixcalibur Wrote:> Any chance you can take a picture of the meteor as proof?
[Image: 137.png]

Nucleose Wrote:>Go to his dome and punch him, teach him a lesson
[Image: 138.png]

Nngh. You were saving this money in your personal bank for Intercon. You'll need it in order to get all the way over there, though. Transportation isn't cheap between domes, unless you have your own vehicle, which you would be too young to drive even if you did. Do you really have to go there?
Originally posted on MSPA by Nucleose.

Yeah actually if there's a meteor heading towards you should probably be leaving anyway, I don't think games are going to save you here!

Sure but just so you can get a copy of SBURBION from him.

Nucleose Wrote:Yeah actually if there's a meteor heading towards you should probably be leaving anyway, I don't think games are going to save you here!
Before you go, you take a quick note of everything you have.

[Image: 139.png]

Yep, looks like the essentials! Captchalogue cards, money, Squidtroll plush, and you grab your laptop as well.

You should be able to grab a cab easy.

[Image: 140-1.gif]

[Image: 141.png]

You are once again Captain Rothnan and you're just about to finish talking to the Suburbion governor. You brought a crew member with you. Who did you bring again?

Choices are Chief, Pyretheus, or Misthine. Doc's busy. A bunch of the more generic crew members ate some bad meatloaf.

SpoilerShow

Do the people we can bring with us have any bearing on what's going to happen. Do they have like special skills or something?

If not then Chief. He's more mechanically minded I think so he might be more use.

I don't understand the logic I just used but whatever. Misthine can come with us later when we go that plant planet because she'd enjoy that I guess.

Yes, who you take will affect things, including how the meeting with the governor went.

Is the inventory pic supposed to be static?

> Pyretheus or Chief.
Originally posted on MSPA by Yako.

> Pyretheus.
Originally posted on MSPA by Whimbrel.

Neither Pyretheus nor Chief.

Edit: Take Misthine
~◕ w◕~
Originally posted on MSPA by Bropocalypse.

Misthine
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Misthine.
Originally posted on MSPA by Qyzex.

Don't be silly. You didn't bring a new crew member. What were you thinking?
Originally posted on MSPA by KingFissure.

>You took Misthine, of course. Since she missed out on adventures on Firim.

KingFissure Wrote:>You took Misthine, of course. Since she missed out on adventures on Firim.
Think about everything she'll get to see here.
Re: Meteos

Quote:Misthine
[Image: 142.png]

"Damn, Misthine. You have a way with words."

"I believe he was more feeling sympathy towards my plight involving vision loss."

"And maybe the fact that you're headed to visit the Goddess Starrii. 'Oh hey maybe you can put a good word in for me while you're there' yeah I'm sure he's so kind all the time."

"Whether or not he is consantly so pleasant is not relevant, as he was kind to us, and I choose to believe what I see in somebody personally."

"Fair enough, fair enough. Anyways, he says that the white building has a VIP vehicle in it we can use and a few extra goods."

"He also said that every satellite is inhabited. How will we find somewhere to place pylons when enough Meteos crashing down upon a dome could shatter the atmospheric glass, even without enough to overwhelm the satellite itself?"

"I don't know, but he did give me a list of popular place for rumor-mongers and people who might know enough to help out. The Partydome tends to be a good place to hear rumors, there's a convention happening in a few days that we might find nerds already hanging around for, and a bunch of cafes and hangout places that certain intellectuals like to hang out. Where should we hit first?
Originally posted on MSPA by FredMSloniker.

Cafes sound good. You might have trouble being taken seriously (or being heard) at the Partydome, and if there are nerds at the convention center already, they're probably in their hotel rooms playing video games or something.

Also, for pylon placement, ask your engineer if they could be distributed between three domes in such a way that the meteos shoot through the gap between them and keep going into space.

> Or you could just like, assemble some sort of giant metal plate or three for the Meteos to all join together at.

> Cafes sound good.
Originally posted on MSPA by Bropocalypse.

What if you affixed it to the BOTTOM of a satellite?

FredMSloniker Wrote:Cafes sound good. You might have trouble being taken seriously (or being heard) at the Partydome, and if there are nerds at the convention center already, they're probably in their hotel rooms playing video games or something.

Also, for pylon placement, ask your engineer if they could be distributed between three domes in such a way that the meteos shoot through the gap between them and keep going into space.
You make a note to contact Chief and ask about how Pylons work to see if that's a viable solution.

[Image: 143.png]

"I have doubts about somewhere called the Partydome being a good place to discuss matters like this."

"I bet most of the people around the convention won't just be hanging around where it hasn't been set up yet anyways. There's a satellite that people like to call the Caffeine District that has a few places on this list, so we'll head there."

[Image: 144.png]

"That sounds reasonable. Are we near our vehicle yet?"

"Yeah, it's right in here. Somebody should let us in shortly."

"Do you hear something?"

[Image: 145.png]

"Oof! Hey, he was right! This part of the ground IS strangely soft."

"What the!?"

"What is happening?"