The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
Aw man, consider this post an e-hug from my part.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
awww :(((
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
aw guys, you are the sweetest! Thank you. I think I've made it past the melodrama and I'm ready for the crazy rebound activities. Today's agenda: cook bread like rice.
As Superfrequency awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, she found herself transformed in her bed into a gigantic insect-like creature.
As of this month my mother is no longer has the salary or insurance benefits from her old job.

I kinda feel bad for being sick, among other things.
Beep Beep
D: Nooooo! That really sucks, Nog. Hope you feel better soon... also that finances things get better...
oh nooooooooooo
yes i hope all your sicks go away and that all your money replaces itttt
[Image: lmwpJ.png]
I am here to complain because my code does not work. I spent aaalll day debugging it.
This would normally not be a problem, but it's for a job application, and it's already late.
I need this job. At least, I need A job. I've been out of work for too long.
Argh.
Yo, seriously just, like, fuck half my family.

If something serious is going on with a family you don't make a dumbass vague facebook status, you fucking tell people.

It's no wonder my mom hates her relatives.
Beep Beep
Applying for official letters and transcripts today at Student Services for that graduate exchange program to Japan I've mentioned here or there today, they offer to run a graduation check.

I switched universities at the start of this year, and got all my courses over there transferred for credits in roughly equivalent courses here. I got such a buttload of credits I was pretty sure it was equivalent to two years' study and I had nothing to worry about.

I get an email back about ten minutes later, saying that I a) PHSC 101 is a course requirement I was never cross-credited for, b) need two more papers to graduate, not just the one I was expecting to do in summer school, and c) need to complete my research essay to graduate otherwise it's three more papers.

November Summer school registrations closed about a week ago; the one paper I knew I needed to do is in January Summer School. Each Summer School semester is four weeks' study so they're pretty intense, and I've already missed a week. PHSC 101 is a November Summer School course, but is so piss-easy I could (with course co-ordinator approval) probably jump in and just get it done. The prescription describes learning atomic structure, how the periodic table is laid out, mols, chemical reaction equations, and organic chemistry.

I learned half of that in high school. The kicker is, my Chemistry course from First Uni was cross-credited - to PHSC 102. This is not a degree requirement, and in fact has aforementioned degree requirement as a "recommended preparation".

I was apparently too overqualified to retroactively earn a degree requirement. Right.

Whatever. I'll go talk to the course-coordinator and he can sign off my having done this piece of shit paper.

Bike across campus. Two flights of stairs. He's apparently out of the country until the 28th. I can deal, I'll just go back to Student Admissions and they'll tell me who I should talk to up or down the food chain to get this cleared. I'm directed to the course examiner, who was across the hall from the first guy. He's pretty sure I can get enrolled, but can't vet it.

I'm given two associate professors' names, across the other "across campus". I go to the guy who's geographically closer; his door is shut, blinds are down, and his whiteboard says "appointment by email". I figure if the other guy's physically in his office I've got decent odds he's a friendlier chap, so I bike the rest of the way and discover he's out. I consider writing a note, but it's 4pm by this point so I check to see if the other guy's in. Turns out he is and there's wi-fi outside his office, so I pull up a chair and send an email asking for an appointment.

Shoot the shit on Skype with folks. Sneaking up on 5pm now and Student Admissions'll be closed by the time I hear back from him. Honestly keen to just get this sorted out today seeing as I have appointments on campus tomorrow morning, so I wait until half past five when I espy him quit typing and checking diaries.

Swallow courage, knock on the door. He is apparently unable to just give me the credit, but will happily cross-credit PHSC 102 for PHSC 101. This means I still have to sit two papers in January, one of which will be some tangential first year bullshit I won't have the time, heart, or enthusiasm for. On the bright side, the other one will be ECOL 310 (Field Ecology).

I still have to finish my research essay, and now know that I actually have to if I'm graduating. If I don't graduate, I probably can't apply for the JET program (which is for graduates only). Either that or I'd make up my last handful of credits in Semester One next year, but that will entail a metric fuckton of grilling by my parents. So fuck that.

Interestingly, both gentlemen I had to talk to today kept using male pronouns for me. My hair's got that freshly-showered bristle to it and I'm wearing jeans and a baggy grey jersey, sure, but rather odd that that was the impression I was giving off.
That sucks, Schazer, I hate how that stuff always seems to come up at the last minute. I had to go back and take Calc 2 (after passing Calc 4 with no problem), and also take an extra class from the Japanese program because I tested into the second year language classes without getting credit for the first year classes.

Boo for ridiculous numerical standards without regards for the mastery you have demonstrated.
Handed in the documents today, at any rate. The higher-up who eventually signed off on it is probably important enough that I'll get cross-credited no sweat, but I'm still one paper short of what I was expecting. I realised in retrospect I should've just applied to join the paper a week late and get a piss-easy credit. Ah well.

So yaaaaay gon' go waste ten hours a week in MKTG 101 or something. Or Business Management. Or Landscape Architecture!

You would've thought that two years' full-time study at one university where each course has 18 course-hour-point-majigs would equate tidily enough to two years' full-time study at another university where each course is only worth 15 points. Apparently not, though!
15 does not evenly divide 18.
Therefore, the problem is clearly all the 3-point slivers of classes you left lying about. It's untidy and unprofessional.
I am quite positive that that is how it works.

Do they let you do the thingy where you invent your own course? You could come up with something totally outlandish that you've always wanted an excuse to study.
I am already doing that with a 300-level "Research Essay" paper. I'm looking at citizen science and biodiversity monitoring. It was due about a week ago and I'm lucky that I've got an extension.

If I don't pass, I've got to somehow sit three papers during summer school.
That sounds pretty wretched.
I wish you the best of luck!
oh noooooooo
oh noo
:(
good luck..!
I've just had two episodes of severe chest pain in the last 24 hours, and I don't know for sure whether they're actual mini heart attacks or early warning signs of heart disease or something else entirely. But either way, it's extra scary since I'm only 21 years old and with no health insurance.

I guess I should probably just look at this as a wake up call to exercise more often and start eating healthier and cut down on the drinking and all that junk. Ugh.
Don't know many details yet but I just found out that one of the people I was supposed to be working with for my final year Advanced Game Development project has been suspended, with no particular ETA on when he'll be allowed to attend University again.

This is a bit of a pain not only because I will now be doing the work of 1.5 programmers instead of 1, but because of the way our group dynamic was working. The other programmer I am left with is a good guy and a proficient programmer but not quite so good at the whole "teamwork" thing, as he liked to do things like change the standard layout for the whole project without asking anyone else while also forbidding everyone from touching anything he'd been working on, which I am significantly less able to control because I don't live in his house or actually really have any way of contacting him outside of our group meetings (though the latter is easily solved now that it has to be).

This is made even more confusing by the fact that he's been suspended over a criminal charge he got himself over the Summer but never bothered to warn anyone else about, even though he doesn't seem the kind of person that would have actually committed any kind of crime. He's basically not allowed to come back until that's sorted out and as we don't actually know what he's done we're just going to have to act on the assumption that he's gone for the year and we're down to 8 people instead of 9. We can't get a replacement because everyone else is already grouped up, there are no leftovers.

What a mess.
Essay still isn't done

there's something skittering around in the ceiling, I think it's a rat

The whole idea is rather repugnant, I'd rather my library was more discreet about its rat problem

E: Uuuuuuugh why does signing up to try get sweet deals out the country on the cheap entails fucktons of paperwork

I've printed the same damn forms like twelve times or something by now because of double-sided printing fuckery and why won't these fuckers let me use staples
This isn't really my problem as much as it is someone else's. My issue is that this is going to be all I think about for the rest of the night.
SpoilerShow
Beep Beep
Driving a standard transmission is such bullshit, according to my sister, brother and father "you don't really know how to drive unless you drive standard". I don't get it, i have driven automatic and it's the most pleasant thing in the world, you just hit the thing and you go. I simply don't understand what's the benefit for a standard unless you have a trailer or something. I have no other option though, every single car in this house is a standard.

I hate it, it's so clunky and difficult.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Grades came in

maybe i'm not cut out to be an engineer
AgentBlue, don't give up! Grades are troublesome beasts, but you can't let them be the boss of you.

organic chemistry is now officially the worst
there's a lab report due on friday and they're still sending out clarifications on lab report content and procedure, how the actual fuck is this anything resembling a rational due date for an assignment responsible for a ridiculous portion of the overall grade