The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
RE: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
"This is Super Robo City," a familiar voice said. "Here, robots of various manufacture managed to create a perfect utopia upon the ruins of a battlefield where allegiances shifted constantly. Indeed, the robots still maintain their programming to switch sides upon defeat - but as all sides are now allied, this is no longer of great concern. Your presence, however, will no doubt alter this delicate balance. Now, let the round commence."

---

Sirius rubbed his eyes.

He couldn't remember much about the last half-hour or so. Geoff had agreed not to fight him, as a round transition could well jeopardize the insane plan to save Endymion; but the Hatallan also pointed out that there was a large crowd outside expecting a fight, and if Sirius' little speech condemning their society was going to be remembered, it was best if the fight at least looked like it was continuing.

And so Sirius had spent most of that time flinging flashy, destructive spells around the room, which Geoff thoroughly ignored as he knocked various things over. The Supreme Priest of Endymion probably wouldn't appreciate it when he finally worked up the nerve to visit his chambers, but there was a good chance he'd be looking for a new job in the near future regardless.

He'd never used that much mana for such a length of time before. Of course, it would come back in time, but it had left him disoriented.

And by the sounds of it, the new round wouldn't be much help with that.

It was frustrating, really. Endymion was the first place he'd visited that had made sense, at least for the most part. It even had a real problem for him to solve - a real chance for him to do some good without feeling like the universe was playing a joke on him.

And thanks to the Eccentric and the gods, he'd squandered most of it pulling inane pranks while the world fell apart around him.

Now - who knew what had become of the place? And now he was in some ridiculous robot utopia where the robots had formed peaceful armies or something nonsensical like that.

He'd just arrived, and he already felt like he was back at home.

The feeling only intensified when he saw the giant pangolin wearing a false beard carrying a sword the size of a small apartment complex.

----

Meanwhile, in a booth some distance away from the set, the Composter was talking to her fellow hosts.

"About time the bloody thing finally started filming," she said, tossing a pile of food in a bin. The worms would eat well today, probably better than the actors. "I loved this place when I first arrived, but after months and months waiting for the action to start moving, I'm just sick of it."

"I STILL DISLIKE THE LIBERTIES THEY TOOK WITH THE SCRIPT," the Display's screen read.

"Really? I figured you'd like this round, at least. Think about how many bots are getting their first big roles here."

"BUT ONLY IN THIS ROUND. WE ARE WOEFULLY UNDERREPRESENTED AMONG THE COMBATANTS."

"Guess that's fair," the Composter shrugged. "I mean, there's not many humans here either, but we've got Harold at least."

"I agree," said the Joystick, pulling his tail out of the base of his costume. It was uncomfortable and half the time didn't even show up when they were filming. "If it were up to me, Hoovertron 6700 would have gotten the lead role, or at the very least something better than third-string villain."

"INDEED. SUCH A MAGNIFICENT PERFORMANCE IS ALMOST WASTED ON DR. SILVERFOOT."

"Dunno that adaptation accuracy would've made that better, though," the Composter mused. "I mean, I remember Dr. Silverfoot had a way bigger role, but his ultimate plan was kind of lame, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, but they didn't make the big villainous plan in this any better, when you get down to it. Just more cinematic."

"I THOUGHT DR. SILVERFOOT'S ORIGINAL PLAN WAS HIGHLY PLAUSIBLE, MYSELF. I APPLAUD THE AUTHOR'S CONSIDERATIONS FOR REALISM."

"Eh, I'm all for realism in general, but you gotta think about the story a little, yeah?" The Composter shook her head. "Not that we're doin' either of those things here. So how long do we gotta wait before our next scene, anyways?"

"Not long enough," the Joystick muttered, rubbing his tail with his smaller claw. "I never should have agreed to wear that ridiculous thing."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios] - by Dragon Fogel - 03-29-2014, 04:11 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM