The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam)
"Sir, am I to understand that you claim to possess a magical spring, and charge others for the use of it?"

Maximus was taken aback. He'd sold a number of magical services over the years, some of which were even effective, but he couldn't recall offering any springs.

On the other hand, if the oddly-dressed gentleman was willing to pay for it, he was sure he could find a spring somewhere.

"I offer reasonable rates for all my services," Maximus said, regaining his composure. "Springs included. How may I help you, Mister..."

"You may 'help' me by admitting to your deceptive practices, charlatan! There is no such thing as magic, whether in the form of a spring or any other object or process!"

"I, well... what?" Maximus stuttered.

The idea that magic didn't exist was ludicrous. Giam relied on magic for everything. No one could live here without believing in magic; the man must have been a foreigner.

"Where are you from, exactly?" Maximus asked. "It must be quite far away if you're so unfamiliar with Giam as to say such nonsense."

"Nonsense? Nonsense? I merely speak the obvious! Your entire nation, it seems, has fallen under this delusion that magic exists! I can see I have my work cut out for me."

"How dare you! How dare you call our great nation delusional!"

Maximus raised a hand and prepared to freeze his visitor in a block of ice, and then simply stared at his hand as absolutely nothing happened.

"Are you threatening me with violence? That is a sure sign that you have no confidence in your argument."

"How - What did you do? Is this some new weapon from Nescin?"

"I need no weapon save the truth!" the visitor declared. "And the truth is, there is nothing magical in this entire house, for--"

"Hello? Is someone there? I can't see anything! Where's my prize?"

Maximus' jaw dropped. The silencecloth wasn't working any more!

"What was that?" the stranger asked.

"Nothing! Nothing! I see the error of my ways now! You must leave at once and spread your message to the entire kingdom!"

"It sounds like it was coming from under that sheet in the corner," Dout said, ignoring Maximus' protests. He pushed his way in and walked towards the cage.

"A kidnapper as well as a con artist?" Dout declared, pulling off the sheet. "Have you no shame--" He paused as he noticed the strange creature he had just uncovered. "What is that?"

"Hello!" the creature announced. "I'm Tulip! Do you know where my prize is?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs - by Dragon Fogel - 09-18-2012, 04:15 AM
RE: The Damnable Fisticuffs (Round One: Kingdom of Giam) - by Dragon Fogel - 12-11-2013, 06:03 AM