SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCP-MAFIA -NIGHT 4 - ...again!? 10/21
RE: SCP-MAFIA - DAY 4 - Full House! 10/21
I am not deflecting onto Kieros. I said I wasn't going after him, and I think it's not much of a stretch to ask you to believe that I had no realistic expectation that your answer would be something along the lines of "you're right, Kieros is totally suspicious, let's lynch him instead".

My question was to you, not to Kieros, and you have now answered that question.

You even admit this is your weakest point - and that, in itself, is why I'm going after it. Not in hopes of collapsing your entire case, but because it bothers me on the basis that it is weak reasoning. The fact that Kieros voted the same way for roughly the same reasons is why it struck me, personally, as weak. You've admitted it's weak and explained the differences between our cases as you see them, so I've got no further complaints on this specific point.

I'm also a little upset by the implied claim that going after weak reasoning is somehow incompatible with trying to find scum. In general, my hope is that going after the weak reasoning will either lead to stronger reasoning in the same direction, or that scum will slip up as their false arguments fall apart. Even in games where I'm scum and trying to divert attention away from myself or my teammates, I'm only going to go after arguments if they're actually bad arguments from my perspective.

I will address the other points against me once I can bring myself to refresh my memory on them. I just haven't had much eagerness to scour the thread, even when I started getting worked up enough to take an actual look at people.

Which, by the way, is essentially why I was hopping around. I hadn't been paying much attention to the game before that, and couldn't get myself to look back through the thread. So I worked with what I had and tried to get something to go on. If I hadn't been settling for piester because no one else was voting, I would have gone for Palamedes, on a mix of "still don't feel he's giving enough reasons" and just plain gut instinct; admittedly, I could have been clearer on that.

I suppose what's gotten me moving is mostly the hope of doing something in-thread before I get lynched, really - I don't particularly expect to be able to stop it, so at the very least I'm going to call out weak reasoning as I see it before I go. As I said, the game as a whole hasn't been what I was hoping for, but replacements are scarce and I'm mostly just bored, so I may as well try to tough it out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCP-MAFIA - DAY 4 - Full House! 10/21 - by Dragon Fogel - 07-18-2013, 12:43 AM