The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)

The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)
Re: The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 3: The Infinite Playground!)
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Zom had never quite realized before that he could still be knocked unconscious. He'd generally assumed that simply wasn't something that happened to zombies.

This discovery was less interesting - and less disturbing - than the realization that he was chained to a stone altar. Looking up, all he saw was a very unfriendly ceiling... and the face of a dark-eyed child.

"Hello!" said the child. "We're going to play a game. It's very fun. Do you want to know what it's called?"

Zom tried to pull against his restraints, but whatever they were made of, it was stronger than he could handle. He sighed.

"What?"

"It's called Human Sacrifice," said the child with a smile. "Guess what you are!"

The most disturbing thing for Zach was that he could move freely.

Perhaps it was something to do with going inside the box, but he found himself able to move quite a bit of distance without feeling any ill effects, despite seeing no sign of Zom.

He sighed. He suspected he'd have to find one of the others and ask them for help. He wasn't sure just what would happen to him if his body died without him, but he didn't especially care to find out.

After some time unsuccessfully trying to chase down the child with the box, he found Maxwell standing outside the entrance to a tunnel.

"What are you doing here?" Zach asked.

"The dark-eyed children all jumped on the other fellow," Maxwell explained. "Then they carried him over here. I followed them, but... well, I can't go in there."

"Why not?"

Maxwell looked frightened for the first time since Zach had come across him.

"I can't."

"Does it involve the thing in the center of the planet?"

Maxwell's face brightened for a moment.

"This is not Twenty Questions!" Zach shouted.

Maxwell's mood immediately soured. Zach sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm just in a bad mood because one of the dark-eyed children has my box and I can't think of how to get it back from him..." Zach paused. "Then again, perhaps it would be best to give myself a hand... figuratively speaking, I mean..."

He looked at Maxwell's puzzled expression.

"I'm thinking of going in there," he explained.

"No! You mustn't!" Maxwell screamed, unsuccessfully clawing at Zach's ghostly form in an attempt to shake him. "It's... you simply can't!"

Zach held a ghostly hand to his forehead and let out a low groan. It sounded more ominous than he wanted it to.

"Fine. Then can you help me get my box back? It might help me rescue Zom. If he's in there..."

Maxwell nodded, looking very worried.

"All right. But really, you mustn't go in there!"

"I'll bear that in mind," Zach said, as he began floating off. Maxwell followed, running as fast as he could.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 3: The Infinite Playground!) - by Dragon Fogel - 11-16-2011, 09:36 PM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM