Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Four: City of the Dead)

Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Four: City of the Dead)
Re: Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Three: Caelo Ruinam)
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

The Fool stepped into his home dimension after taking care of some other business. He was completely unsurprised to find a floating screen waiting for him.

"Hello, Monitor," he said calmly. "What can I do for you?"

"You have taken my contestants," the robotic being on the screen said.

"So what? You have six more. Or has it gone down to five by now? Regardless, I can't believe you miss three of them that much."

"You are fortunate that I have matters of greater concern to attend to at the moment. That does not mean that I will turn a blind eye to your interference. This is your only warning."

The screen popped out of existence. The Fool smiled.

"Now, I suppose I should take another look at my own battle."

The surviving fighters found themselves high up in the air, with nothing beneath their feet. The Fool appeared before them.

"I'm impressed! I was hoping for an entertaining round in the Great Battlefield, and you surpassed my expectations. I can hardly wait to see what you do with this new round." He looked over his shoulder. "Oh, but it seems that we're a bit early; it hasn't arrived yet. I'll have to advance the clock, bear with me."

He snapped his fingers. The combatants remained frozen, but the clouds around them began to move.

And then there was a flash of light from below, followed by a loud noise. A massive mechanical fortress flew up to their level, and then stood still.

"This is Caelo Ruinam," the Fool said, gesturing to the fortress. "It's a flying fortress created by an ancient civilization, filled with wonders of both magic and technology. It's under new management as of about ten minutes ago, and what's more..."

The Fool's speech was interrupted as a massive beam of light shot out from the bottom of the fortress. The Fool turned everyone's eyes towards the ground below to witness the ensuing explosion.

"As I was saying, it possesses a fearsome weapon, which the fortress' new owners have just turned on their enemies down there." The Fool turned his combatants' eyes back towards himself. "Oh, don't worry, they'll survive; it wouldn't be a very exciting final battle between good and evil if the villains destroyed the heroes before they even got close. I'd wager they're already planning an assault on this place. Probably with an airship or a flying dragon or something. Business as usual for this sort of world, really."

The Fool snapped his fingers. The combatants reappeared within the corridors of Caelo Ruinam.

"Or at least, it was until you all arrived. Enjoy yourselves!"

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Three: Caelo Ruinam) - by Dragon Fogel - 12-19-2011, 05:38 AM