The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Blitz woke up slowly, his thoughts a jumble.

What happened... oh, right, that stupid knight knocked me out. Guess this must be the dungeon...?

Blitz looked around as his vision gradually returned, expecting to see a dingy old cell. Instead, he found himself lying on a large pink bed, in an ornate bedroom.

Whoa. Do they treat their prisoners really well here or something? Or did somebody get me out of that mess? Blitz slowly sat up and lifted himself off the bed. Either way, sticking around here probably isn't a bad idea. It's better than getting involved in this battle again...

And then Blitz screamed as the memories flooded in.

Thirty-Three sighed. Guard duty was boring, and guard duty with Forty-Eight was even worse thanks to his frequent attempts to lighten the mood.

"So why do you think the Moonlight Queen's been attacking us even though she already has our Queen?" Forty-Eight asked. "If you ask me, it's because she's been spending too much time in the thicker parts of the sky. It's clouding her judgement! Ha ha ha!"

And that was one of his better jokes.

It didn't help that Thirty-Three barely had any idea why they were guarding the Royal Quarters. Thirty-One had explained something about a prisoner who hadn't actually committed any crimes, but he'd been in such a rush with his explanation that barely anything was clear, and he'd run off before Thirty-Three could ask any questions.

The scream came as a relief, in a way; it gave him an excuse to actually do something. He told Forty-Eight to stay outside, not so much to leave the door guarded as to keep the younger knight's inanities away from him.

Inside, Thirty-Three found the young man kneeling on the floor, sobbing.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"No, Daddy! Why did you hurt them?" Blitz shrieked in a voice that sounded far too young for a man of his age. He looked up, and seemed to notice the knight for the first time. "Stay away! He'll hurt you, too! He's after everyone!"

Thirty-Three had never dealt with a crazed prisoner before, much less a crazed prisoner who evidently hadn't done anything wrong. He was unsure of whether he should knock the young man out, run away, or try to calm him.
He ultimately settled on gathering more information. And backing away for a quicker escape, just in case it came to that.

"Who is this 'he'?" the knight asked, taking a careful step back.

"Daddy," Blitz replied, still crying. "Daddy told me he was saving me from the bad men, but he really just wanted to kill them! And now Daddy's mad! I don't know how long I can stop him!"

Thirty-Three took six significantly less-careful steps back as he tried to think of another question. His train of thought was interrupted by the stranger, who was now speaking in a different, and far more discomforting, voice.

"Blitz, my boy," he said calmly, "you don't understand. They would have killed you. It was better this way."

"No!" the boy shouted back. "No more killing! I just want you to go away!"

"Look at this man," the other voice said. "Just look at him. You can't even see his face. That's because his face would give away his feelings. He hates you, fears you. He wants you destroyed."

Thirty-Three felt this was putting him on the spot a bit. Granted, he was afraid, that much was true; but he didn't particularly want this youth destroyed. He tried to think about how to respond, but the childlike voice soon broke that up.

"No! You're lying to me! Just like you did before! Stop it, Daddy! Stop it! I don't want to see him hurt!"

"No? Well, then perhaps you should close your eyes, my dear boy."

Blitz's arm started glowing. Not wanting to see what happened next, Thirty-Three rushed out the door and slammed it shut, leaving Forty-Eight dumbfounded.

And then a bolt of lightning flung the door off its hinges, right into Forty-Eight. He was knocked to the floor, and had barely picked himself up before he saw his attacker more closely. Blitz slowly walked out, laughing wickedly as sparks crackled around his body."

"You can't stop me any more, my boy. I'll protect you, whether you like it or not."

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies) - by Dragon Fogel - 05-25-2012, 02:17 AM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM