The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 3: Endymion]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Acolyte Calor stepped up to the pulpit, a solemn expression on his face.

He had given this sermon many times now. He had memorized it by now.

That did not diminish its import in his mind. He needed to let the people know.

Calor gazed over the myriad faces of his congregation and began.

"Welcome, disciples. I see new faces in this crowd, as well as old friends. Even so, to many of you, this sermon will be unfamiliar; it is, after all, not at the regularly scheduled time. But I am proud of all of you that you chose to come here, and listen to these words, so that you may know the fate which awaits us all."

He paused for a moment before continuing.

"The end of our world will be upon us soon."

He looked around the room, allowing the weight of his words to sink in. Murmurs swiftly passed through the congregation; he held up a hand and continued.

"It may come in a month, a day, or five years. Perhaps later. But make no mistake. It will come, if not in our lifetimes, then in our children's. And we must prepare ourselves for that time as best we can."

He pounded on the pulpit with his fist for emphasis.

"I speak of the coming of the Winged Arbiter. He shall descend upon Endymion and pass judgement on us all. Only those who are just and faithful shall be protected from his wrath."

He raised his arms, and motioned to the congregation to rise.

"To begin, you must hear these words, and commit them to memory. Repeat the words as I speak them. They are our guide to eternal salvation."

"The Harbinger shall descend, on wings of purest white
Our Savior will be hidden from his sight
To the devout, new Words will be revealed
And the Door to Salvation shall be unsealed
The Voice of Endymion will speak
And the wicked shall be proven weak
"

The congregation repeated the chant. Acolyte Calor motioned to them to sit down.

"Thank you. This prayer is but a small piece of the prophecy, but it is of great importance. Remember: in the coming crisis, our faith is essential."

He bowed his head.

"May the Lord guide us all to salvation."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 3: Endymion] - by Dragon Fogel - 07-31-2011, 12:44 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM