The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 3: Endymion]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Fetch me a sacrifice!

I DEMAND BLOOD!

You killed that ant! You must do penance!

The elephant! The elephant will destroy us all!

Can you tell me if it's Tuesday yet?

DELIGHTFUL, AREN'T THEY? boomed the Eccentric's voice. I KEPT THEM QUIET FOR THAT OTHER BOY BECAUSE HE DIDN'T NEED THE DISTRACTION. BUT I'M SURE YOU'LL APPRECIATE THE COMPANY!

And that was very rude of you! You there, bearer! Bring me a chalice filled with blood so I may wreak vengeance upon this intruder!

By the by, young fellow, the torc doesn't come off unless your head does. Just thought you might like to know that! Oh, and could you fetch me a dozen eggs, I was rather hoping to make a cake.

Sirius' only response to the barrage of demands was to continue screaming until he ran out of breath. It didn't go unnoticed; a rather large, rotund man with very red skin, stubby legs, and large, flat feet soon came along to investigate. He was grinning from ear to ear.

"Huh! Must be a new specimen from Genetics," he said to himself. "Discarded you, did they? Well, there's no need to worry yerself, lad. Least we're not back in the old days of 'immediate termination', right? Come along, I'll introduce you to the rest of the freaks we've got hanging around here."

Sirius was too worn out from screaming to say a word in protest. Even though at least sixteen gods were telling him to tear out the strange red creature's throat with his bare hands. He ignored them and simply followed the man down through the streets; they seemed surprisingly empty of life, and filled instead with machinery. Sirius might have taken a moment to admire the craftsmanship if he wasn't too distracted by all the yelling.

Sirius' guide soon stopped at a large grating in the floor.

"Here we are, friend. Johnny's is right this way."

The red man lifted the grate, and began climbing down a ladder beneath it.

"It's been around since the old days; it's technically a legal establishment now, but, well, emphasis on 'technically'. Besides, it would have been too much work to move."

Sirius followed his guide down, unsure of what else he could do. The gods had their own suggestions, but they were along the lines of "set it on fire" and "drop down the hole headfirst". At the bottom, there were several tunnels; one of them had a crude cardboard sign taped beside it.

The read "Johnny's". The red man walked towards the tunnel, and motioned to Sirius to follow.

A short walk later, the two emerged in a noisy bar. Sirius was actually grateful for the clamor; the cacophony from the gods began to blend in with the sound of the patrons talking. His guide pointed him over to the bar.

"Well, have a seat there, youngster. First drink's on me, but you'll have to introduce yerself." He laughed, and walked off. Sirius sat down at the bar, and noticed there was no one behind it; so he simply waited.

About a minute later, the red man walked out behind the bar, wearing an apron.

"That's right, I never introduced myself, did I?" he said, laughing. "Name's Johnny. So, youngster! What do they call ya, and what's yer poison?"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 3: Endymion] - by Dragon Fogel - 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM