The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

"What is... she... even depressed about?" Sirius grumbled. "What kind of personal problems can a display even have?" He groaned mentally at the fact that he had asked the question.

"H-hey, these are very personal details. And you make her nervous. I c-can't just..."

Sirius held a hand to his forehead. He didn't want to know. "Never mind. Just tell me in very general terms."

"She misses a friend," the Photographer replied, a little nervous.

"Unless this friend is another inanimate object, I don't think we're going to find him. Or her," Sirius commented. "This place looks abandoned."

The Photographer ignored the comment and went back to his conversation with the display.

"I'm sorry about the interruption. What were you saying?"

Hardly anybody ever looked at me, the display said. They just pressed the buttons and went in. But he looked, every time. It made me feel like I mattered!

But he hasn't been around in so long...

The Photographer looked nervously at Sirius.

"Um... could you go somewhere else for a bit? I think I might be able to get somewhere with her, but, um... I'd rather not do it with someone else watching."

Sirius sighed. This was getting more and more ridiculous, but at least he could get away from it for a while.

"Fine," he said, walking around the arcology. "I probably don't want to hear your side of the conversation anyhow."

Once the angel was gone, the Photographer held up Camera.

"She's broken," he said to the display. "She's been a very good friend, and she also makes me a photographer. If I can't fix her, I don't know what I am..."

Please, don't say that! the camera assured him. You're a good person, even if you can't take pictures.

"But doesn't it hurt? You always liked to take pictures before. And now you can't... I mean, it's not the same as what you're going through," he said to the display, "but if Camera went missing, I'd probably feel the same way..."

She's a good friend? the display asked. Photographer nodded, quietly. The camera would have blushed if she were capable of it.

It's... it's good to know someone understands... the display continued, sadly. I hope... I hope you can fix her.

"I just want you to know, I think I understand. And I'm here for you."

Th-thanks, she sighed. I think - I think I feel a little better. Just a little.

The display paused, then asked, Do you think you could do me a favor?

Sirius was not pleased to see the Photographer. For the last few minutes, absolutely nothing ridiculous had happened around him, and that glorious time was now about to come to an end.

He dared himself to hope that at least they might actually be able to get in now.

"Well?" he asked, annoyed. "Any progress?"

"She's feeling better," the Photographer said, "but she's got a request."

Sirius felt his hopes evaporate.

"And what is it?"

The Photographer paused, nervously.

"Well, you see, there's this song she really likes..."

"...oh no. Oh, no. I can see where this is going."

Sirius and the Photographer walked back to the display.

"Ready?" the Photographer asked.

Sirius took a deep breath. "Yes," he sighed.

They began singing.

"You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey...
"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures] - by Dragon Fogel - 07-18-2010, 09:35 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM