Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 6 - Frozen Destinies)
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Aph, Aegis, and Clara found themselves in the midst of a dreary, grey landscape. They were turned around, so that they could see the full extent of their bizarre surroundings.

Everything seemed to be made of stone; the buildings, the plants, the people. But aside from that, there was a strange mix; some of the buildings resembled the ones from the city the Monitor had shown them. Others resembled simple huts. Still others resembled the houses of Old Salem, though they seemed more advanced.

And the people were equally odd. Some were dressed in simple clothing, as though they were medieval peasants. Others were dressed in clothing similar to B's. A third group wore clothes unlike any the group had seen so far; and some of these were not even human. Even more bizarrely, some of the statues seemed to be standing together; an armored man and a squidlike creature stood in the same place, fused together.

Then, they were snapped into one line, and the masked jester appeared again.

"Hello, I'm the Fool, and I'll be taking care of you for this round. The details of precisely why aren't really your concern, so let me explain this place to you. Or perhaps I should say, these places."

He raised his hands, and three small spheres appeared, floating in front of him.

"This world used to be three. Each of them had its own destiny, its own future."

The spheres slowly came together, colliding into one larger one.

"But then, something happened. Precisely what, no one knows. But the destinies of these three worlds... well, for lack of a better word, they collided."

The large sphere turned grey.

"And whatever did that, somehow halted all of their destinies. Nothing moved, nothing advanced. This world is still."

He paused, and small sparkles of light appeared on the grey sphere.

"Physically, that is. Spiritually, however... that's another matter. The spirits that inhabited this world are still active. And they seek vessels to play out their destinies. Should you come across one, it will borrow your body and cause you to act out what it remembers. Although, you may be able to affect them, in turn... I suppose you'll see for yourselves."

He clapped his hands together, and the image of the sphere vanished.

"What else... Ah, yes. There are also spirits here that don't come from the three worlds frozen together here. Some of them are simply drawn here from other worlds; this place is so active, it's something of a magnet for spirits that, for one reason or another, stray from their home dimension. But in all likelihood, some of these spirits can offer a clue to precisely what happened to these worlds, that made them turn out like this. You might like to find that out before the round ends, though I suppose I can't force you."

He raised his hands, then paused.

"Oh, and one last thing. You're not going to be the only ones poking around here. Somebody else seems to have taken an interest in this place, and they may not appreciate your company."

He then waved his hands, and the three vanished, each reappearing in a different part of the city. They found themselves able to move again.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 6 - Frozen Destinies) - by Dragon Fogel - 09-10-2011, 03:21 PM