Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 3 - The Wasteland)
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

As soon as Larus' fate was clear to the Monitor, there was a flash of light, and the desert sands vanished.

A moment later, each combatant found themselves in a simple wooden house, unable to move. None of the others were in sight, nor any other soul.

The Monitor spoke.

"Welcome. This location is a replica of the village of Salem, in the colony of Massachussets. As far as the locals are concerned, the year is 1692. And the fear of witches is everywhere."

With a push of a button, the Monitor transported a mirror in front of each contestant. The figure in the mirror was not their own.

"I am projecting an illusion onto all five of you. Each of you has now taken on the appearance of an ordinary villager. You should be wary of using any of your powers, as the town is likely to take all of them as signs of witchcraft. And you will be unable to recognize each other on sight."

With the press of another button, the mirrors vanished. Each of the five then felt a small slip of paper materialize in their hands.

"These messages will inform you of the roles you have been thrust into. I suggest you pay close attention to them if you wish to avoid raising the suspicions of the other villagers. They are quite... creative... in dealing with witches."

There was a brief pause, and the contestants felt themselves able to move. Then, after a moment, they were frozen again.

"One last detail," the Monitor said, as if it had just occurred to him. "I cannot guarantee that there are no true witches among the populace..."

The Monitor's voice faded. The combatants were free to move once more.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 3 - The Wasteland) - by Dragon Fogel - 07-19-2010, 10:11 AM