Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base)
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

The contestants reappeared scattered around a large bog. A deep mist filled the area, making it hard to see.

"Welcome to the Misty Swamp," the Monitor's voice echoed. Bae used the opportunity to return to his guise as Cabaret unnoticed. He had been informed of this battlefield already; indeed, he was better-informed than the rest of the combatants were about to be.

"As the name suggests," the Monitor continued, "it is a swamp, and quite a dangerous one at that. And it is also filled with a mist which will obscure your vision. I am sure you do not want to enter it, but the topography of the area will give you little choice at times."

Bae grinned. He was expecting that part to be fun. He recalled what the Monitor had told him before the contest had started - the one battlefield he had been given advance knowledge of.

"The fog in this swamp does more than simply interfere with vision. It has a psychological effect as well.

"The mist causes anyone who comes near it to become irrationally angered. The thicker the fog, the greater the effect. When there is but a small amount of mist, they will simply be irritated. A greater amount will cause them to be very quick to anger. And where the fog is thickest, it will temporarily drive them into pure rage. Until the effect wears off, they will seek to kill anyone they come across.

"Your unique physiology renders you immune to these effects. When I take the battle to this place, I want you to lure as many combatants into the fog as you can. This should produce a more interesting battle."

Bae was looking forward to this.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base) - by Dragon Fogel - 02-14-2010, 10:04 PM