Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base)
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

From his control center, the Monitor watched the battle unfold. A particular turn of events caught his attention.

"There is a 23% chance that, if unchecked, this could lead to a premature end to the battle," he said to himself. "An unacceptable level of risk. How fortunate that I have a check in place."

He contacted his agent.

'Cabaret' heard a voice echoing in his mind.

The mage known as Trickster must be eliminated. The details are up to you.

The message was followed by a mental image of the base's layout, showing Trickster's location. Bae changed his outward form to that of Larus and left the room stealthily.

Trickster's Molotov cocktail had driven off most of the zombies, but a few continued to trickle into the room. He and Aegis were largely able to keep them under control, but the voice suddenly spoke up.

"Hey, that's weird. I feel someone headed this way. But there's something a little weird about them..."

"Frankly, that could be anyone in this contest," Aegis replied, chuckling a bit as he punched an undead soldier's head off.

'Larus' quietly slipped into the room in liquid form. When he was sure both Trickster and Aegis were distracted, he reshaped himself into a humanoid form.

"Hey kid," he said, mimicking Larus' voice perfectly. "Need a hand?"

Trickster glared at the man he had come to consider his rival.

"I don't know where you came from, but we're doing just fine. We don't need any help from you," he said, annoyed.

"Then maybe I won't help," replied 'Larus', grinning wickedly.

It was over in a moment. Larus lunged at Trickster and stabbed him in the heart, before he or Aegis could react.

"Sister Clara! Look out!" Aph shouted, rushing towards the zombie attacking her love.

Moments before the soldier's blow hit, both nymph and sister simply vanished.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base) - by Dragon Fogel - 02-14-2010, 09:15 PM