The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Five: Round Six!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Arkal had to admit that he wasn't entirely sure what had happened - there had been a transition, yes, but it had been very different from the previous three. King Hector's expression, however, suggested that he wasn't going to accept "Beats me" as an answer.

So Arkal gave the best answer he could.

"Some god did it," he replied. "Don't think he gave us his name. He was dressed head to toe in green, that's all I remember. My mind was on other things when he talked to us, I'm afraid."

Hector didn't seem particularly pleased with this answer, either. He stepped off his winged zebra just so he could stare Arkal in the face more effectively.

"Don't play games with me, old man. I know the gods are all dead. Hoss didn't appreciate the competition."

"Hoss?" Arkal asked, confused. King Hector simply stared at him.

"Do you honestly expect me to believe that you somehow haven't heard of Hoss? The Hand of Silver? The Hand of Silver who has completely eliminated non-human life from every corner of the multiverse except here in the Place? The Hand of Silver who has attacked us, over and over again, seeking to put an end to me and the life I can create?"

"Oh, the Hand of Silver," Arkal said. "My apologies, I'd never heard him called by that name before. I'll..."

Hector suddenly slapped the aging blacksmith in the face, knocking him to the floor of the whale's mouth.

"I've had enough of this. You're clearly no denizen of the Place, so he must have sent you. It's simple logic; you're either from here, or you're from a world under his control. What concerns me is how he brought you here. Our dimensional defenses have kept him out for three months now, and I want to know how he got past them."

The king turned to his mothmen.

"Take him to the dungeon for questioning. I've still got a job to do, but he's our best chance at learning anything. If we're going to avoid another full-scale attack from Hoss, we'll need to know how he got in."

Hector climbed back on his mount and flew off, as the mothmen dragged Arkal away.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Five: Round Six!] - by Dragon Fogel - 06-12-2012, 12:23 AM