The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Four: New Battleopolis!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Before his awakening, Paul Grisham had gone through quite a number of embarrassing experiences that he wanted to forget.

None of them seemed to compare to being held down by three powerful metallic arms while a fourth held a fork up to his mouth.

"Stupid robot," he muttered under his breath as he chewed on the mashed potatoes.

At least the food was better than Reinhardt's slop, though. He idly wondered if he'd picked the wrong side. Not that they'd let him switch now.

The door suddenly swung open. It was Packston.

"Envoy," he said sharply. "We may need your help. Leave Girnham behind."

The robot released his grip on the prisoner and put down the fork.

"Good," Phil grumbled. "Maybe now I can eat without being treated like a baby."

"You're not being left unguarded, Girnham," Packston snapped back. "Miss Tallbirch, could you keep an eye on our guest for the time being? We should be back within an hour or so."

Phil's eyes widened as Holly entered the room. He'd been assigned to track the elf on more than one occasion, but he'd never managed to see her up close before. She was gorgeous.

Holly, for her part, looked at Phil's scarred face with revulsion.

"Ugh. Can I put a bag over his head first?"

"Do whatever you'd like. Although I'd prefer it if you didn't kill him unless he tries to escape."

Holly groaned as Packston and Envoy left the room. She didn't need pathomancy to identify the silly look on Girnham's face and realize that escaping from her was the furthest thing from his mind.

"The truth is, I don't know where he is," she said.

"But you know how he thinks, don't you?" Crowbar replied. "You know him better than anyone else. And if you sent him a message, he'd take notice."

A young woman suddenly appeared from nowhere.

"Reinhardt thinks he can use us," she said with disdain. "He's told the fragments we sent to rescue him that he'll give us our audience if we help out with his purge."

"But he doesn't know where the Hand of Silver is either," said Crowbar. "We suspected as much, but now our young friend here has confirmed it."

"How predictable. Nonetheless, the eradication of non-humans from this city serves the Amalgam's interests. We have agreed to cooperate with Reinhardt. It has been decided that one fragment should be sufficient to locate the Hand of Silver, with proper guidance; therefore, I have been assigned to keep watch over the girl. The rest of you are to join the invading force."

Crowbar nodded. "Understood. I leave the matter in your hands."

The men dispersed. The woman smiled at her new cloaked companion.

"Now, then. I believe we were talking about how to contact your broth-hurk!"

The fragment-woman collapsed to the ground and then vanished. John Smith walked over to the cloaked girl, holding his still-smoking gun.

"That was an interesting conversation to overhear," he said with a grin. "Now, let's have a little talk, shall we? I don't think you intended to lead these gentlemen to your brother in the first place."

She said nothing.

"I know what you're thinking. Is he really trying to threaten me with a gun? There's no way I can kill you with this puny thing."

She turned around, ignoring him.

"But no, I'm not here to fight. Hopefully, anyway. I just needed to speak with you for a moment, without unwanted ears in the area."

She started to walk away.

He said one word.

She turned back to him.

"I will kill you," she growled.

"There's no need for that. You don't trust those strangers, do you? You wanted to warn your brother about them. Well, as luck would have it, I can do that for you, with no risk of these ruffians finding out. I'm just missing one little thing, and I think you can help me get it."

"What do you want?" she hissed at him.

"I want the false Konka Rar's arm. And who better to claim it from an impostor than Konka Rar himself?"

Whir flew over to Gadget, whose stilts were still having some trouble coordinating.

"I found Konka Rar. Both of him."

"Both?"

"Yeah. Two of them are having a fight. One of them looks like he might even be the real thing; I saw him toss a fireball around!"

"I guess I could use some backup, then," Gadget sighed. He looked around. "And there's where I might just get it."

A few minutes later, Gadget stepped out of the abandoned novelty store, accompanied by a quartet of plastic skeletons.

"Whir, say hi to Boney, Skull, Slim, and Knuckles," he said. The four waved at the mention of their new names. "They're Konka Rar's newest minions."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Four: New Battleopolis!] - by Dragon Fogel - 03-09-2012, 08:41 PM