The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Two: Sk'va!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Arkal looked at the ruins of the cathedral and groaned. "What kind of idiot makes a heavily fortified building and then doesn't protect it from earthquakes?" he yelled in frustration. "At least this makes it easier to get some of this 'transtanium' stuff, though." He pocketed a few suitable-looking chunks of debris, largely oblivious to the panicking Sk'vans around him. His gathering was soon interrupted, however, as he heard Xadrez' voice echoing through his head.

what kind of idiot stops to pick up rocks when everything is falling apart

Arkal stopped and turned around. Xadrez was floating towards him. Maxwell looked relieved.

"Oh thank god it's Xadrez help me help me I don't want to die," he screamed, ignoring Sikarius' protests to at least beg for his life with dignity.

Xadrez stared at the boy for a moment, as if deliberating what to do. But whatever conclusion the spirit arrived at, it was soon interrupted by Jen's arrival. She wasted no time in giving orders.

"Right, good, you're both here... huh, guess the cathedral plan's out. Okay, here's what we're going to do. Kracht says this city's doomed, and even if we save it, its next mayor will doom it economically. I say we can stop that. I told Kracht to get working on some stuff, but who knows what he'll do. If we're lucky, he'll get the Ovoid helping us; if not, we're probably on our own. So we're going to assume we're on our own and get this mess fixed up. What's the plan, guys?"

Arkal was about to say something, but a brief wait from Xadrez convinced him to hold his tongue. The blacksmitch watched as Xadrez handed a chess piece to Jen. Arkal couldn't see which piece it was, but assumed it was a queen. Xadrez then spoke through the piece again, presumably to both of them at once.

if kracht says the city is doomed

then i feel it is definitely worthwhile to save it

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Two: Sk'va!] - by Dragon Fogel - 09-05-2010, 12:37 AM