Finish Somebody Else's Adventure Contest! IT'S STARTED!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to Eagle Time's first adventure contest! Here's how this one's going to work.

Step 1: People sign up!
Step 2: Everyone who signs up makes the first update of an adventure.
Step 3: Now here's the fun part: The rest of the adventure will be made by another contestant, starting from your first update! This will be determined by random selection.
Step 4: After about two months, I grab some judges and we decide who did the best job of finishing somebody else's adventure.

If that wasn't clear, here's an example: Say Nopor Puss, Shenanigan Rex, Blaze Blob, and Man-Man entered the contest.

Then, we could have something like this:
-Man-Man makes the first update of an adventure. Shenanigan Rex continues from there!
-Shenanigan Rex's first update is continued by Nopor Puss.
-Nopor Puss' first update is continued by Blaze Blob.
-Blaze Blob's first update is continued by Man-Man.

As for the judging, well, you'll be judged on the following things.
-First, the overall quality of your opening update will be considered in the final judging. Give somebody else a good place to start, and you'll get credit for it!
-Second, how well the rest of the adventure stuck to the first update. Basically, if you suddenly shifted it into a completely different adventure, expect a penalty.
-Third: plot, art, writing, frequency of updates in some mishmash. The important thing is "is this a good adventure", and how much each of these individual points matter is something that we as the judges are likely to hammer out as we look the things over.
-Fourth: Expect a bonus if you actually finish the adventure by judging time; however, try not to just tack on an ending. We'll know if you do and you won't get a bonus for it. This is an incentive to try and pace the adventure so you can actually finish in about two months. I'm putting this in as a bit of an experiment, we'll see how it works out.

As for a prize: I'll get someone to provide fanart for the top three entries. (Possibly more depending on how many signups we get.)

I think that's all, if you have questions, go ahead and ask!

And now, signups. You can also volunteer to be a judge if you want.

1. Yoshi
2. Jacquerel
3. Chwoka
4. SleepingOrange
5. Ixcaliber

Judges:
-Dragon Fogel
-Ed
-NO ONE KNOWS

Adventures!
Monstrous - Started by SleepingOrange, to be updated by Jacquerel
Dereliction - Started by Jacquerel, to be updated by Chwoka
Pleasant Prison Planet - Started by Chwoka, to be updated by Yoshi
Sleepytime - Started by Yoshi, to be updated by Ixcaliber
Patrick Spaulding and the Land of Wonder - Started by Ixcaliber, to be updated by SleepingOrange

Messages In This Thread
Finish Somebody Else's Adventure Contest! IT'S STARTED! - by Dragon Fogel - 11-02-2011, 03:26 AM