Eagle Tim (collaborative adventure)

Eagle Tim (collaborative adventure)
RE: Eagle Tim (collaborative adventure)
(06-17-2018, 03:35 PM)thriggle Wrote: »>Falcon Jones: silently wonder why you say such cruel things to people and can't express your feelings of affection openly behind your façade of coolness

Falcon Jones realized, with grim resignation, that he had done it again.

All he had wanted to do was cheer up poor Eagle Tim, who was clearly having a crisis of confidence. But as always, he had tried to punch it up, say something playful - but he had misjudged how it would come across, yet again.

(06-17-2018, 09:44 PM)Infrared Wrote: »> Falcon Jones: offer to pay for Eagle Tim's registration, just so you can further humiliate him after he loses.

He cursed himself inwardly. He would fix this. At the very least, he could pay for Eagle Tim's entry fee.

"Tell you what, LOSER," Falcon Jones said, laughing almost reflexively as he realized he was doing it again. "Why don't I cover your registration fee? You can pay me back with the look on your face after I beat you!"

Eagle Tim grew more and more upset, and Falcon Jones groaned inwardly. Why did he have so much trouble with this? Why was it so hard to tell people he cared?

(06-18-2018, 09:04 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Eagle Tim: In a fit of pride and pique, tell Fal-Tronn Jones that if he thinks you'd never win, he should bet on it.

Fal-Tronn Jones: agree to the bet and make sure Eagle Tim has to give up the keys to his late Grand-pap's Semi-Abandoned Community Hall if when he loses.

Angrily, Eagle Tim shouted back at his tormentor.

"If you're so convinced you're going to win, why don't we have a bet on it? If I win, you give me, uh, two hundred Hawkbucks!"

"Two hundred?" Falcon Jones cackled, filled with immediate regret as he did. "That's getting off cheap. But sure, why not? And when I win, you can hand over the keys to that community hall you inherited!"

He'd meant it as a gesture of gratitude, that he'd help Eagle Tim get the place back into shape. But the words had come out completely wrong. Falcon Jones felt so ashamed, and yet he couldn't bring himself to break his facade.

And so he handed over the money to pay the fee, then marched out of the store, a mask of arrogance hiding his deepest fears.

Not that Eagle Tim knew any of this. All he could think of was how much he HAD to win now, no matter how many sports were involved.

So of course, the next thing he did was...

Messages In This Thread
Eagle Tim (collaborative adventure) - by Infrared - 06-15-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: Eagle Tim (collaborative adventure) - by Dragon Fogel - 06-20-2018, 02:38 AM