Who wants to make Mario levels with really weird names?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because it so happens that I'm organizing a project to do that.

More detailed explanation: There's a reasonably popular Let's Player who goes by raocow. There was a contest run on his forum last year, MAGL X, that involved making levels in the Super Mario Bros. X level editor from a randomly-selected set of five names. This year, there's another one of those contests, which raocow has just started playing through.

Now, the thing is, all of the entrants (and there were a ridiculous number of them) had five names to pick from - more if they requested a new set of names. And some people got names but didn't end up making a level after all. That's a lot of names that didn't get used to make levels.

Which brings me to MAGL X: The Lost Levels. Basically, this is a collaborative project where people look through those thousands of unused names, pick out ones that sound interesting, and make levels out of them. Then we put those all together into a game. Somehow I ended up as one of the head organizers for it.

If this sounds like a thing you want to play around with, feel free to sign up. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Messages In This Thread
Who wants to make Mario levels with really weird names? - by Dragon Fogel - 07-02-2015, 10:21 PM