The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
When I spent a semester in Australia, I got ants in my dorm room something fierce. They were everywhere, they bit me while I was sleeping, and then there was that awful day they found my retainer case.
Apparently ants really like retainers.
Schazer, you have my sympathies. I like bugs too, but ants are the worst.
No roaches are the worstest
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(06-21-2014, 08:41 AM)Infrared Wrote: »No roaches are the worstest

What about fire ants, though?
these fuckers though

spoilered for terrifying
SpoilerShow
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I've been sick for days, I'm pretty sure I'm steadily getting sicker to the point where I've picked up an additional, unrelated illness, and I only have one sick day left for the entire summer. Not to mention that because of all this, I've basically got to walk to town in order to get food so that I don't infect anyone on-site (which also sucks because a lot of my pay is in the form of free housing/food, so the latter is basically me losing money twice).

Fuck everything.
The last few days have been pretty shitty.

Anyone who saw me on irc or god forbid skype yesterday knows that i've been pretty sick (alternating between cold sweats + the shakes and random dizzy, nauseous spells that have made every part of my body aching that much more pleasant). Today i'm sorta better (only getting super dizzy+headaches! Yay).

When i did get up this afternoon all my flatmates disappeared, then while i was showering they apparently came back, made popcorn and (my) chocolate mousse and sat down to hang out together and watch movies??? i didn't realize for a while since they were all in the lounge with the lights off but its not really that nice to hear all your good friends laughing and having fun without having even invited you despite living in the next goddamn room over

I'm also getting really fed up with my appearance, which sounds stupid but its getting to the point where i don't even want to go outside and interact with people because i look and feel like trash. My hair is too long and full of awful looking regrowth which i'm too poor to fix. Same goes for my tired, shitty clothes.

Exacerbating everything is that i keep forgetting to take my meds (especially while being bedridden for 3 days, hahaha whoops) which is making everything that much worse/ Uuuuugh ugh ugh

wow that got a lot longer than i expected
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Aww Plaid :< if you need some cash for a haircut and/or some new clothes maybe some folks here could help pitch in? I could probably throw in maybe 10-20 USD.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
for the past three to six minutes my eyes have been painfully burning and i cannot keep them open for more than about ten seconds
i don't know what the fuck's gong on with the shower that might
be causing this but holy shit this is easily the worst pain i've experienced in the past month
(has happened last two times i took a shower)
Jesus christ. That sounds serious. Are there any other showers you can try? Have you got litmus paper you can take with in there? Could you be allergic to hard water? (Is the water hard?)
I don't have litmus paper but could likely obtain some-- my skin's been fine so I don't think it's acidity. My guess is that it's hard water, though I'd have to test it and maybe ask the other housemate on my floor if the shower's been giving him trouble.

If it is, though, I'm not sure what I can do about it. I guess the normal thing is to ask the landlord to fix it? I'm not on the house's lease because I'm subletting, so I don't know if that's like, an option, but I could ask the person who does have the lease.
Got sacked. Not too upset about it except that 1) I spent a month at a really intense job and only have a couple hundred bucks to show for it (and I spent a bunch of that on Steam sale soooooo) + 2) this presumably means I don't get co-op credit, so now I gotta figure out how to deal with that.

At least I get to spend more time in Chicago w/ my friends and family now.
Holy moly living in a foreign country is fucking confusing

Things I need to get done ASAP, but probably won't do before skipping town for a fortnight to go on holidays with the boif:

1) extricate old, broken washing machine from house, bring in probably-just-as-old, still-functional washing machine in its place.
Difficulty: manageable. Would take one weeknight where a friend can help me haul stuff around.

2) pass driving school exam on Saturday.
Difficulty: Apparently I'm gonna find this one a cakewalk. Apparently.

3) Actually get a license.
Difficulty: pain in the ass even if I do clear the driving exam tomorrow. I have to go to the Driving Centre in Miyazaki City and sit a written test, and if I pass the test I do a practical exam and get my license if I pass that. The Driving Centre is only open weekdays. The test is conducted in the morning. This entails catching a bus into town the night before, staying with friends, and commuting to the driving centre and hopefully not completely wasting my damn time. Because there are classes next week, I'm unlikely to do it before the vacation and it'll need done once I'm home again in early August.
Also, I'll need to take one of my limited days of paid leave.

4) Buy a car. I've already arranged to buy one off another ALT.
Difficulty: Do not try without expert supervision and better-than-middle-school level Japanese reading comprehension. I require six forms, from about three different locations, and it seems like for half of them I need to have the other ones first. They all require presenting at a different shitty institution that is also only found in Miyazaki City and probably only has weekday office hours, so there's an extra day's time off lost.

5) Set up internet, because thus far you've been splitting the bill with your neighbour and she's leaving start of August.
Difficulty: Why the fuck are you doing this now when you have a week before leaving the prefecture for a fortnight. Also, you don't own the property you live in so they're gonna call the head of property, so good on you for having a nice chat with the people in question in the office and appearing really genial and polite!

6) There's almost definitely a six, I just cannot fucking remember what it is right now because I have so much crap on my plate.
My relatives are coming to stay for a few days yet again. I'm getting kind of sick of the constant visits to be totally honest, but it makes me feel like such a dick because they offered me to stay at their house for a long period of time. Lending my room doesn't really bother me, it's the fact that i have to stay with my cousin(s) all day and they're pretty disruptive and loud, not to mention the obligatory visits from other relatives; it's extremely tiresome and boring and i can't ignore them. I feel so guilty just typing this... maybe it's a sign that staying with them wouldn't have been a good idea.
Almost definitely tore/yanked/injured something in my knee; walking on the thing is painful and I'm probably not going to have a chance to go see a doctor about it for at least a week.
I'm not sure my best friend and i are even friends any more.

This really isn't a good time for that to happen
(07-27-2014, 06:50 AM)Infrared Wrote: »My relatives are coming to stay for a few days yet again.

It's been two weeks and they're still here. I want to be nice, i really want to, but they're so intrusive and disrepectful. Everything smells terrible, there's so much noise at all times, we have to take care of kids because my aunt wants to go out with friends, my mom is fucking retired she doesn't want to deal with that shit, i don't want to deal with that shit - I want to fucking fly into space and disappear forever. Everyone's so fucking angry all the time.

I've been gaining a lot of weight and this is stressing me to no end because my clothes won't fucking fit and i'm poor and i feel disgusting and i just want to sleep on a nice bed gruh.
Don't eat unpopped popcorn kernels

The crown from one of my old root canals has completely shattered into pieces and it is, if not painful, at least makes it bloody hard to eat
[insert words comprehensively describing my rage]
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Twelve hours ago, I was flipping metaphorical tables due to the fact that my inability to communicate with people in a timely and reasonable manner might have caused a very big problem, which is just about par for the course, really.

Presently, I'm flipping metaphorical tables due to the fact that the inability of people to communicate with me in a timely and reasonable manner probably actually has caused a very big problem, the details of which I can't determine because, um, see the above.

...so now my guilt instincts are well and truly on the fritz...
I have literally no money, not a single cent, and the only physical objects that are technically mine are the free t-shirts i've gotten from various events over the years (and miscellaneous objects, like a broken camera, a nintendo gamecube, an associate's degree, a bunch of birthday cards addressed to the wrong name, etc).

tomorrow i'm gonna start spending 3 nights at a friend's house while i go figure out how i''m supposed to get an apartment and a job close together and also close to people who will help me not die and i have no idea what my options are and what i'm doing
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
Shout out to everyone else who probably has a monitor brighter than their future.
I hope everything goes right, Crowsy :(

I wish i could do more for you.
thank you ed!
My dad (whom i have not spoken to for over a year) has sent me a pissy email about 'my news'. Offended that i didn't tell him, and telling me its unforgivable that i haven't told my grandma, and i'd better do so immediately before she finds out through someone else.

The only family members i've told are my mum, by calling her last night, and my sister via my tumblr post. I don't need this shit.
Something about that attitude tells me they wouldn't have been rude about your happy news either way :(