Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 9: So Long, and Thanks for all the Death
Schazer I find your sheer level of output suspicious at this time, can you explain why I should believe your doctor claim?
Right so

1) Sheer output isn't actually that suspicious all on its own - what about it puts you off Akumu? Is it the content, attitude, etc.

2) Nobody who hasn't claimed should, at any point. The only exception to this is if you are some role that can protect the lovers in the night (Schazer you are exempt because you are scum).

3) Quick note, who did donut check prior to the Solaris lynch? I can't remember and don't have time to look it up.

I have something I want to drop that I think will clear everything up and get us clear of this mess, but I've got an assignment to work on now and I want to hear responses re: point 2 first so I'll return in (hopefully) a few hours.
sheer output at mylo is a thing that is kinda common, in my experience? I've done it a lot, especially in games where I had lower activity early for reasons.
It's also a common thing from someone who plays more active in general (like Schazer), but has a role that means they didn't want to grab attention (like Schazer claimed) - at mylo you just throw your hands up in the air and give up on that, at which point you need to wring every erg of info from every scrap of post you can.
It felt like trying to take control of the conversation and railroad, is all.
okay well pala uh, I don't know what you're expecting to hear.

drop your thing you want to drop.
and hey pilot, where are you.
(06-09-2014, 05:28 AM)Sotek Wrote: »so ... two possible scum? so ... what, pala/schazer scumbuds trying to pull a con about the existence of a godfather? one of them plus godfather? lawyer?

Just want to say that I legitimately wish this was the case because that'd be such an awesome con and those are totally the kind of thing I could see myself doing again on a team with Schazer (Salesfia sigh).

Want to wait for Pilot to chime in, and maybe seedy with something more than 'oh wow it's MYLO'. I'm not really expecting anything at this point (since nobody stepped forward yesterday) but if something does come up I think it means we might be able to nail Schazer's partner.
To repeat: Pilot is on vacation but should return before the end of the game day.
oh right, that.
In my defense, the only reason I'm still alive from a scum perspective is to cause enough of a snafu with Palamedes that y'all might see grounds for a mislynch. That and Donut was bound to check Pala last night so we'd see that he was totally sane and just had a shitty string of innocent checks.

The reason I'm so wordy toward endgame is a) I'm pretty sure I'm the next scum nightkill, especially so if we do lynch Pala today) and b) this is the stage where I have enough information I can actually get puzzling about what the fresh fuck's been going on all game.
(06-09-2014, 03:56 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »3) Quick note, who did donut check prior to the Solaris lynch? I can't remember and don't have time to look it up.

The checks went:

Akumu N1
Slorange N2
Eberron N3
NovaPilot N4
Coldblooded N5
Gnauga N6
Bigro/Seedy N7

There was some suspicion after Garuru's Power Play that Akumu could've been busdriven to produce a false clear, until it was revealed by Garu that Akumu was driven with Truegreen N2. There's very little point in scum busdriving two of their own, especially after the SK-esque team got nuked so there's minimised risk of eating a stray kill.

As I think it was Coldblooded mentioned before he snuffed it, driving one town and scum confers scum copchecks on the town and clears on the scum, so it works as a lawyer/framer combo.
When did solly snuff it, d2 or d3?
I mean it doesn't matter, none of the living checks were on people checked before then, but...

hmm.
Okay so at this point given that we are MYLO, if there is a doctor it would be ridiculous (I think?) for them not to counter-claim. Do we have direct evidence that there is any doctor at all? I am going to go back through Gar's posts I guess to see if he ever said anything about doctoring on night two.
I tried to read through all of Garuru's posts and I didn't see anything confirming the existence of a doctor.

No nightkills have been successfully prevented that I know of, except for one on Garuru because he had one-shot bulletproofing.
Yeah, I never said I was good doctor, but I am the best you've got.
I mean from a townplay perspective, it was sensible of Garu to not out the doctor, because it adds another layer of double-guessing complexity to the doctor's actions.

If the scum are certain there's no protective role, they'll just shoot the most protown targets, with the occasional detour for power roles but also incorporating some misdirection (why's the guy leading the town still alive? Why haven't scum shut them?) This kind of scenario makes it easy for the doctor to figure out who's worth protecting.

If there's suspicion of a protective role, scum will be trying to search for them while still following the above thought processes. If the scum know for sure there's a protective role, they'll actively start seeking them out, and a whole lot of double-guessing starts on the doctor's part. Do I protect the guy who's been dropping doctor-hints, or are they actually scum? Do I protect the town leader, or will scum ignore them in favour of trying to seek me out?

So yeah the doctor's job is easiest when the scum don't have reason to think they exist. Garu probably also wanted to sit on the information to verify claims if people made them.

Anyway just spitballing: How do people feel about leaving me and Pala for tomorrow, and we figure out who between Seedy and TehPilot is the godfather?
so I get to dance around for a bit while we wait for tehpilot to get back? (once again, schazer mysteriously diverts the lynch from pala (???))
I approve of the idea of hashing stuff out asap, but it seems a bit silly to go "let's get down to business" when he's still gone.
(on the other hand, schazer probably wants to have the difficult discussion while she's still around to contribute to it...)

I'm trying to analyze his posts but a fair amount should have changed in light of recent information...he pegs the team as something like (sotek/pala)+(gnauga/akumu)...I suppose it's interesting to try and go for sotek scum solely on "well he wouldn't live this long right, ha ha"
pilot's lingering suspicions of people reads a bit to me like cornered mafia trying to keep options open, honestly.
other than that he doesn't have much I can analyze on the situation at hand...not that there's a lot of opinions to have. the only thing he needs to do right now is mislynch me, pushing other theories would be silly.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People
Eh alright. Still want Pilot to chime in as soon as we can (agree that it is kind of weird that Schazer wants to direct things towards seedy/Pilot no, especially since it was just announced that Pilot's going to be gone for a while and unable to defend himself).

I kiiiiind of made an error in my original claim.

(06-01-2014, 04:40 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Flavourwise, I'm more than a little obsessed with him and his work. I know all about it and would die to protect him.

FTFM.

I actually knew I was looking for lovers from the getgo and wanted to keep them alive. The way things are now I'm pretty confident that I've got my win no matter what, but pardon me for being careful just in case.

tl;dr I am actually third party lover protector, I win if the lovers survive or if I survive and the faction who killed the lovers loses.

Schazer getting speedlynched as town would have served my interests, but it never happened and it's not like she was going to be town in the first place anyways. I don't see a point in playing a seedy/Pilot guessing game right now (though my money is on the former).

How you like me now.
anyone know when pilot's getting back?
anyway hey seedy, what do YOU think of pala.

hey pala, do you actually know who my lover is?
Pilot said he'd be gone until the 10th, which is today.

So depending on travel times, I assume he's turning up either today or tomorrow.
Yes, I found out when I checked you. Otherwise it'd be hard to keep you guys alive.
(06-10-2014, 06:26 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »So depending on travel times, I assume he's turning up either today or tomorrow.

Gonna have to be tomorrow; flight delays have me in late and exhausted. Will chime in early tomorrow.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
(06-10-2014, 05:42 PM)Sotek Wrote: »anyway hey seedy, what do YOU think of pala?

well, I don't think that you're a godfather with a weird confused fake-informed townie, and I don't think cahoots is likely either
and I don't really see Schazer as scum rn, or at least...compared to Pala I feel like he's the more likely one...

so yeah I want to lynch him but after mulling it over the whole "let's decide seedy vs. pilot while we have more town voices" makes sense, it's not like The Night will give us more info
(while schaz pushing this is making the very outside chance of her being scum feel more likely it's...also pretty dependent on pala being scum. so pala bringing it up is lol)
Still The Same As Last Time Votals

Palamedes - 1 (Schazer)
Schazer - 1 (Palamedes)

With six alive, it takes four to lynch. There is no soft lynch. Deadline is Friday, June 13th at 11:59 PM Mountain time.