Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People
So should I be voting for Gnauga here or what
Tehpilot: the reason I figured a survivor with two scum would assist scum to overrun is that victory for them is achieved on the overrun day. If we mislynched today and ended up in above position, survivor would need two days of correct lynches to win, which is one extra night of risking eating night kill for the survivor.
gnauga's at h-1, by my count.

so: Yes, but if you can check in closer to deadline, maybe you should wait until then.

or someone else can do it? idk.
I don't know if I'll be able to check in again before deadline.
Vote: Gnauga
Well I tried
[Image: xwldX.gif]
WOOP WOOP WOOOP

HAMMER.
RE: Murder By The Book - Night 8: Welcome to Dead House
Final Votals

Gnauga - 5 (Palamedes, seedy, Sotek, icanhasdonut, Akumu)
seedy - 1 (Gnauga)

After a lengthy day of arguments, at last the group reaches a decision.

Gnauga, claiming no allegiance to either side, is selected for the lynch. Grudgingly, he is lead to the noose.

Unlike the day preceding it, his end is swift.

Gnauga was R.L. Stine, an author fascinated by the supernatural and even more fascinated by the process of death, and what might come after.

His insight into death was such that he could return from its embrace once - though the combined efforts of a lynch mob would overcome that. He had a one-shot bulletproof.

Gnauga wished to write a story of a ghostly detective who sought to solve his own murder, and to that end, he wanted to make use of Undercover's "consulting" services. However, he was not properly affiliated with the group - rather, he had contacted them and was waiting for them to follow up.

He was a traitor who did not know the identities of the Undercover operatives. He could have been recruited under specific circumstances.

If alive at the end of the game, he would win with scum whether he were recruited or not; if scum lost, but he survived, he would earn a half-win. If he were to die without being properly recruited, his vengeful spirit would manifest and curse whichever side killed him. If he were killed by Undercover, he would win with town; if he were killed by lynch or town-sided kill, he would win with Undercover. If a third-party faction killed him, he would gain a half-win if that faction lost, and another half-win if Undercover emerged victorious.

He was a bulletproof traitor. It is unclear if he was recruited at the time of his death.

A wave of relief washes over the group. Gnauga may or may not have been properly working with Undercover, but either way he can no longer aid them.

Night falls, and everyone heads to their rooms, hoping the ordeal will soon be over.

It's night, please get your actions in promptly.

Edit: To be clear, since someone asked about this in QTs, Undercover knew there was a traitor they could recruit. Further details are confidential pending either the deaths of certain roles or the end of the game.

Edit 2: Gnauga would have shown up as innocent to investigations if unrecruited, and guilty if recruited.
Just realized I forgot to do final votals, edited those in.
Just a note: Pilot is going on vacation and Akumu is at a conference. Because of this, the next day may be delayed a bit until they're more available.

Don't worry, it shouldn't be too long in either case, just a few days.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 9: So Long, and Thanks for all the Death
Day breaks once more, and the assembled crowd of authors rises. Once again, their numbers are reduced by one. It isn't long before the body is found.

icanhasdonut was Donut Adams, a firm believer in astrology and auras and all that kind of stuff. His books were a description of his eccentric belief system and how the stars could let you read a person's intentions.

As much as it sounded like a load of hogwash, somehow it actually worked. Each night Donut planted a token on one person (this was just flavor justification for tracker/watcher results) and then meditated, focusing on the subject he had planted a token on. He would get a result of Good Fortune if the subject were town (or checked as town), Ill Fortune if they were scum (or checked as scum), and an unclear result if they were third-party.

His results were accurate. He was aligned with the town.

A feeling of dread pours over the last six authors. There is a strong sense that a mistake today could end it all.

Livelist:
-Schazer
-Sotek
-Akumu
-Palamedes
-Nova TehPilot
-bigro Seedy II

It is now MYLO.

With six alive, it takes four to lynch. There is no more soft lynch. Deadline is Friday, June 13th at 11:59 PM.

TehPilot is on vacation until the 10th.

Tangential note: Donut's slot was a backup for balance, adjusted according to what role was recruited by the third-party faction. Because cyber95's role was investigative, donut was made into a cop. If no power role was recruited, donut would have been a useless role that got random results and was not told that the fortunes had anything to do with alignment.
Ahahahahaha

Ahahahahahahahhahahaha

Ok so reviewing what we now know are Donut's sane copchecks, we've got clears on Akumu, Seedy, and TehPilot (one of whom is probably a godfather). Sotek, Pala, and I are were not given clears.

Sotek is one half of the lover claim. I'm the un-cc'd doctor. Pala claims that he's wired up to Sotek somehow in a one-way lovers situation which could be misdirection because he's actually the actual lover.

If it's MYLO, there's two scum alive and there's no way both of them would check innocent now that the traitor's dropped. Which means from my angle it's Pala and one of Seedy or TehPilot.
also Vote: Palamedes? I'm pretty sure it's ok to vote Palamedes.
SpoilerShow
Like, collating all the deets so far:

Donut's clears:
Akumu N1
Novapilot N4
SeedyII N7

(Pala, Sotek, Schazer not checked)

Claimed roles:
Sotek - half of a lover pair
Pala - Sotek-seeking oneway-lover-selfmaker
Schazer - doctor
Akumu - caramel townie causing pointless modevents
Seedy - no plea entered
TehPilot - no plea entered

If both of the latter claim caramel townie, we're going to have an appreciably tougher time figuring out who to lynch tomorrow. Today seems pretty cut and dry, though.
Bonus: with 6 alive at MYLO, it's two scum walking which means appropos of NOTHING else Gnauga was probably not recruited as of D8 (as per Donut's check, he had not been recruited on N6), else it would've been pretty indubitably MYLO yesterday as well. This is hilarious and painful because it means the unrecruited traitor did not count to overrun and I've been getting really bad Maftrimony flashbacks for the past real-life week or so.

On the bright side! We lynched the traitor so don't have to sit through that brand of existential dread, and also! This means there's probably no survivor, unless Pala feels like claiming that. Anybody else would've gotten the "unclear" check as mentioned in the flip.

---

I'm hoping we can lynch Pala in a relatively perfunctory fashion today, but lemme get my thoughts in order. I was a bit cheesed that Akumu hammered before I got a chance to make a final post, considering I was all set to die N8 and all.
Well I guess sane!donut checks out.

Vote Schazer seems like the best move to make tbh, since I am still about 100% certain that she's scum/not a protective, and donut was shot

A) To frame me
B) Because they were worried about a real protective role on Sotek stopping the kill.
wait, if it's mylo and not mylo/lylo, does that mean sotek and pala are lying? I mean, I'm counting on my fingers, and
also yeah I'm a caramel townie.

I write children's books #fluffykitten

uhh anyways, you make good points but I need to sort out ^the above before I think about lynches because that is...confusing/concerning me
It's MYLO regardless of whether there are doctors, serial killers, lovers, or anything else in the setup. It's MYLO when it's 2 scum 4 town.

Suppose it bears enquiring though to the mod: Is it MYLO Because Antics, or is it just MYLO?
uhhhh.

ummm.

so ... two possible scum? so ... what, pala/schazer scumbuds trying to pull a con about the existence of a godfather? one of them plus godfather? lawyer?
oh right, I forgot mylo was calculated off of Normal Deathrates...I think that weird yesterday and traitor stuff confused me *coughcough*
Ok here's breaking this shitstorm down:

The facts
a) There are six players alive.
b) The mod has declared MYLO, a gamestate wherein with six town alive would normally indicate two scum.
c) Akumu, Seedy, and TehPilot checked as innocent to a cop. 3Ps check differently to the cop.
d) D8 (8 alive, at least one scum and traitor Gnauga) was declared a Mislynch-and-Misery scenario.
e) Two common roles are scum-sided and check town in a one-cop game: Godfather and Traitor.
f) Akumu was confirmed as being scum!driven with a flipped mafioso (Truegreen) D2, and can thus be reasonably expected to be town.
f-1) At least one of Schazer, Sotek, Seedy, TehPilot, or Palamedes is scum.

I personally think we're on two scum, because I'm the asshole responsible for Maftrimony where an unrecruited traitor didn't count toward overrun. That game was exacerbated by a survivor, who we probably do not have because of how Donut's checks worked and who's been "cleared", so that's small consolation I guess?

Like, let's assume that both Pala and Sotek are telling the truth and also that there's one scum and it's not Pala. This makes the D10 gamestate anywhere from:
-4/1 (A non-lover killed and I doctor the killl)
-3/1 (any two people (Pala inclusive) that aren't Sotek or his lover lynched, then killed)
-2/1 (Pala is lynched, Sotek and his love are nightkilled)
-and the g'over 1/1 (someone who isn't Pala or the lovers lynched, Sotek or his lover are killed and Pala subsequently suicides).

Fogel will proceed to tell us that it's no-frills MYLO (the call I'm expecting) or it's conditional Mislynch-the-wrong-person-then-scum-nails-the-nightkill-for-maximum-carnage And Lose. If the latter call, then 1scum+TruthPala is plausible. The fucked up thing is if we lynch Pala in a one-scum scenario that might actually be the safest option short of actually lynching the scum?

If it's no-frills MYLO, that means (especially with the traitor down) that it's 2 scum alive, and we have to rethink things and also come to terms with the fact that, in some senses of the word, the mods were bastards and lied to us about the D8 gamestate, because it was 8 alive with 2scum and the traitor. I personally reneged all my rights to complain about unrecruited traitors not counting to overrun when I ran Maftrimony, so, uh. Yeah.
Good Morning Votals

Palamedes - 1 (Schazer)
Schazer - 1 (Palamedes)

With six alive, it takes four to lynch. There is no soft lynch. Deadline is Friday, June 13th at 11:59 PM Mountain time.

It is straight-out no-frills MYLO. If town mislynches and no abilities interfere with a scum kill on town, the game will end in a scum win after the night phase.
Boom! So that's two scum right there, and, yes, it was technically MYLO yesterday, except for the fact that Gnauga almost definitely had not been recruited circa D8. Which is a bit of a shame because it would've been nice to see who he buddied with, but we can't have everything.

So, now, we've got Akumu clear as clear as clear, the traitor's flipped, three unknowns in Sotek, Pala, and me, and Seedy and TehPilot have checked innocent. The traitor's flipped, so unless the scumteam has a lawyer (which seems redundant seeing as busdriving town+scum creates two people who'll produce scum-friendly results if checked), it's unrealistic that Seedy and TehPilot comprise the scum team.

From my perspective, that means one of Seedy+TehPilot as Godfather, partnered up with Pala.