Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People
To repeat: Slorange could not throw a pie himself unless he received it during the night due to role shenanigans.

The post-death pie throw was not a normal usage of the ability.
Then what the heck happened with cyber?

I guess I was wrong about that then, but I legitimately thought he could throw them himself which... doesn't really change anything?
vote palamedes
1. you still haven't full disclosured and are only giving parts
2. you are trying to use garuru's flavorcop seen on n2 and are saying "lol not actually flavorcop"
3. you keep focusing on mechanics of things that happened a while ago
4. your voting patterns are somewhat ehhh
5. tired of your magic bagging
6. I'm getting a really strong rtfia vibe from you
I wish I knew what you were talking about donut.

1) Sotek is a romance writer, I said the only thing I will not disclose is his specific role because Schazer is once again rolefishing. I've literally revealed every other part of my role so ????
2) This is literally the most confusing thing said in this game. I said I was pretty sure I counted as a flavourcop because all of my results were similar to that and because no flavourcop has claimed - sorry do you have a better idea as to what's up there?
3) How and when did I do that?
4) Explain. Like pull out my voting patterns and fucking say what's wrong with them don't just go 'votes! ehhh!'
5) Sorry but I'm not magic bagging? Explain how I magic bagged ever - I straight up said right at the beginning that I was looking for someone and that I was involved in the 'nebulous not-MYLO danger'. I never skirted around that once, so please tell me how I did.
6) This is not a point and you know it's not (what was rtfia again?)

Please stop throwing out terminology and sayings if you don't know what they mean. Like I know you're the cop but there's nothing more frustrating than town that doesn't try because they think they don't have to anymore.
huh.

pala's claim is uh, not entirely implausible actually?

It would, erm, explain the weird gamestate announcement.
It would also mean that pala is the only acceptable mislynch, which is ... a thing to think about.

and also would mean we're in a world with exactly two scum, and six town.
1. your role, like schazer did
2. you are saying you aren't really a flavorcop, which considering I said flavorcop is probably scum seems like an attempt to make yourself seem not scum
3. literally the post above my previous one
4. d1 on eberron, d2 a bus on solaris maybe, d3, d5, d6, d7 nothing important, but d4 very late bus on truegreen
5. your claim is really skeevy
6. radiotower mafia, you know what you did
1) ??? Explain please
2) I said I did get weak flavour responses though, along the lines of 'this sucks' or 'this is good but not what you're looking for'. I merely suggested that I could have been the flavourcop Garuru saw. Also, you are the only person who stated that they thought the flavourcop was probably scum. Pretty much everyone else who talked about them was neutral or thought they could probably be town (including Garuru. If I was scum, why wouldn't I not shoot him then claim flavourcop with his pseudo-support?)
3) Sotek asked me to explain why I pied him, so I did. How is that focusing on old stuff
Also for the record, people should be looking at shit that's happened in previous days, that's practically the point of the game.
4) So two potential busses, one on a mislynch that about 90% of the game supported at one point or another, and that's it? I'll even conceed that voting late on scum is something scum do, but you'll have to try harder with the Solaris one. So you really only have two out of seven lynch wagons (not even just regular lynches). Wow that's really suspicious. I am about 100% certain I could find more suspect voting patterns for every single player (living or dead) in the game.
5) How so.
6) Oh yeah that. I know what I did, just forgot the game's acronym. Still I think this is somehow your weakest point.
EBWOP: Anyways I'm suspecting that there's two scum, with one third party. Which means that basically if we mislynch at all we're in trouble (though Sotek is technically right when he says I'm the safest mislynch, it's still amounting to putting our hopes in the hands of a third party).

See below.

Case one: Mislynch anyone but me, scum kills Sotek. Five players left - two town, two scum, one third party/town. Proper LYLO.
Case two: Mislynch me, scum kills someone. Six players left - three town, two scum, one third party/town. Proper MYLO.
Case three: Lynch scum (Schazer probably, maybe Nova), scum kills Sotek. Five players left - Three town, one scum, one third party. Safe for an extra day.

So Mislynching me would basically be the difference between MYLO and LYLO, and since there's several clears (such as Sotek, Akumu, and donut) there's really no difference between them (since no lynching would just lead to one of their deaths with little new useful information).
so you're saying we sould lynch you
Would a pala lynch be the same as a no-lynch, believing everyone?
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I believe lynching Pala is equivalent to a nolynch if he is telling the truth, and a scum lynch if he is lying.

I'm going to say "we are not lynching pala today, but might on a later day" - specifically, if I die and he lives, or if I change my mind based on later circumstances.

but uh, we're also not lynching the doc claim today, because hell no, thanks.

I would like everyone (donut is exempt, but may also do it.) to make a case for why one or two of gnauga/nova/seedy2 is scum - if you pick only one, include who their scumbuddy is and why.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits of Highly Dead People
State of the Votes

Palamedes - 1 (icanhasdonut)
Schazer - 1 (Palamedes)

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch. There is no more soft lynch.
Deadline is Tuesday, June 3rd at 11:59 Mountain time.
@donut: pretty sure I never said that. What I said was that while technically mislynching me puts us in MYLO instead of LYLO, it actually makes no difference whatsoever so it's just as bad mechanically.

In all seriousness though, is this Nightside 2? Because you're really starting to sound like Tea.

SpoilerShow

My major guess is for Nova as scum, and could really fit with anyone. If I had to pick someone else, I'd say that if for some reason Schazer is town Gnauga/Nova is basically the only conceivable team. Otherwise I'm banking on Schazer (for a super convenient and unprovable doc claim and hypocrisy around said claim) and one of seedy/Nova. Difference between seedy and Gnauga is that today when push came to shove they each took a strong stance on Schazer being town or scum pretty much right away and I really doubt scum would go after scumbuddy!Schazer or work against a town!Schazer lynch at this point in the game.
TehPilot has replaced Nova, so you have a chance to interrogate that slot now if you want.

There is a 24-hour extension to the day to give TehPilot time to catch up on the game.
Uh. Well.

My next pick would be Gnauga, I suppose, and if Pala were to turn up dead and town then it'd be Nova.

My feeling slightly better about Seedy than the other two is mostly riding on her reaction to my doc reveal (which does bank on my knowing Seedy as a person but it felt genuine?), where my two scumspects immediately tried to pick my claim apart. I mean I know the corollary is that Pala is going to suspect me no matter what, but I'll be vindicated or somesuch in death tonight so shrug. This recent about-face by him onto Donut as well (admittedly in response to pressure from Donut) who is at worst naive and at best getting fucked over by godfathers or traitors or something feels really off if he is town.

Gnauga on the other hand has been reeeally iffy. Actually upon re-read of D2 (#241) he also starts picking Slorange's nexuspie claim apart, there might be some other stuff down the track I'm re-reading.

In the interim I might try take a look at Nova's actions (what we've got to work with, anyway) in a separate post.
Oh thank christ TehPilot you are a saviour

If you want to just start reading through the thread and post thoughts as you go, I wouldn't actually start picking things apart until you get to the end (so like I'm ok with you finishing reading D3 or whatever and thinking "oh hey this guy's looking bad" but then they flip town or claim cop or whatever).

I'm still gonna review Novaposts though
(06-01-2014, 11:58 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Oh thank christ TehPilot you are a saviour

:>

It's gonna take me some time to even start to read and pick things apart, but I will have words to say soon. Just gonna focus on the interactions of the currently living players to save myself time and a headache as I catch up on 8 game days' worth of mafia.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 2: The Invisible Man
(04-01-2014, 04:47 AM)Akumu Wrote: »AKUMU'S LIST OF THREE MOST TOWN AND ALSO THREE MOST SCUM BECAUSE SEEDY ASKED

TOWN
seedy - For wanting me dead so bad even though nobody else is going along with it. That sort of conviction seems like genuine scum-hunting rather than trying to lynch whatever townie they can throw to the mob.
Nova - For pushing eberron into soft lynch.
Akumu - Is it cheating to put myself on this list? I honestly don't have much in the way of town feelings for everyone.

SCUM
eberron - Reads like inexperienced scum to me, for the initial behaviors as previously discussed and for the fading into the woodwork after the heat was off.
Solaris - For pulling eberron out of the fire by cinching a day one no lynch.
bigro - Just sort of white noise posting and then throwing a worthless vote on Nova at day-end D1.

Hey Akumu, I know it's been six days since you put this list together, but what's your updated take on Novaslot and Bigroslot (now TehPilot and Post-D5 Seedy)?
For Pilot's benefit, I'll defend myself and say that in #241 I started and ended with the conclusion that slorange was truthful town, for my purposes. I had a brief monologue trying to figure out if there was even a real possibility of a slorange fakeclaim, and concluded that no, there was one. I could have omitted that spoilered paragraph, but omitting your thought process is a good way to minimize chances of slipping scumtells, so I try to put myself out there when practical.

I'll also note that my "why would X do that" strategy was spot-fucking-on regarding slorange, right down to the existence of a cop pie before it was even thrown. But that's just me horn-tooting.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
(06-01-2014, 11:55 PM)Schazer Wrote: »This recent about-face by him onto Donut as well (admittedly in response to pressure from Donut) who is at worst naive and at best getting fucked over by godfathers or traitors or something feels really off if he is town.

Did you read that bit where I stated I never thought he was scum in the slightest, and was just frustrated at how little effort he seemed to be putting into actually scumhunting? Because that's actually what I said, as opposed to the whole 'pushing donut as scum' angle you seem to be suggesting here.
like I said, I'd go with Gnauga and then probably Pala as buddy? frankly it's hard for me to form an opinion on novaslot given it hasn't been very active these last few days, plus the fact that tehpilot is about to read and give me more useful information makes the idea of really theorizing about it before he does so seem kinda silly. I thought of nova as town but the last thing I remember him doing was voting donut when he didn't die after claiming cop. so like...I'd rather save that whole thing for after the person currently in that slot has given their opinions, you know?
I'm glad someone replaced in tho thank u tehpilot it takes guts to look at a 47 page mafia and go "yep I'm gonna read through that" especially when you're about to try and explain why you're not scum
so current deadline is in two daysish?
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits of Highly Dead People
Let Me Answer That With A Votal Review

Palamedes - 1 (icanhasdonut)
Schazer - 1 (Palamedes)

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch. There is no more soft lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday, June 4th at 11:59 Mountain time.
so ... tehpilot, anything yet?
anythnig at all?
(06-02-2014, 11:18 PM)Sotek Wrote: »so ... tehpilot, anything yet?
anythnig at all?

Working on it. Still have school (sucks I know) and there's a lot to digest.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch