Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People
I was basically told you weren't who I was looking for. Also, that your books are pretty paltry and unimaginative but I know that doesn't actually mean anything.

He could have done that Schazer, but do you miss the fact that Garuru stated on several occaisions that he didn't even want to reveal the info because he didn't think the flavourcop was necessarily scum? If he was going for a trap, he probably would have said something before day seven (or was it six). I mean I guess it could be a wine-y trap? The way he used it to soft-clear you makes it seem like it wasn't though.

I didn't reveal then because I had no reason to reveal and several reasons not to (though I did drop a couple minor hints). Since we're in mysterious-danger territory now and the only sensible thing is to lynch one of the two not-clears it's kind of a real reason.
so in other news, where are gnauga and nova?
I'd say "we coulda gotten a jump-start on this discussion but nooo" but honestly the new "possibly mylo" info is enough of a switchup that no, maybe we couldn't have
I'm tempted to go for akumu because I have had it out for 'em this whole game but also they tunneled a townie for days and frequently dropped off the map unless someone mentioned them or eberron. like, not really positive behavior, scoobs
as far as pala goes he's given me vibes the whole time and his recent vague claims are Heavy Stuff. but I don't have Things On Him the way I do with Akumu? not that you really ever do with pala
I'd prefer to lynch one of them over Schazer who I used to have vibes about but whom I now feel better towards. partially because *busses scumbud truegreen* *completely forgets to check back in, either to unvote OR reiterate approval of lynch* doesn't really make sense to me from a scum standpoint, even a busyscum one
if you're doing a tactic as risky as killing off a scumbud you're gonna pay more attention than that, even if you don't have time to write more than a couple sentences of "hey..that lynch that I Am On and Supported is still happening...Great...exactly what I wanted.."
not the strongest thing but schazer's the towniest to me out of current "people who can possibly check guilty"
Ugh I've got a headache and it's tied to the bullshit acronym MaMYLOLYLO

Anyway Pala are you scared of a tracker/watcher contradicting you? Why not give us a claim for N1+N3 all the other nights you must've been in motion?
hey, I'm just checking in to let you know I'm reading this
I don't have a whole ton of time at this moment but I'll be in with something by the end of the day (EST)
[Image: xwldX.gif]
My first check was Slorange, I'm willing to drop that.

I'm not so much afraid of a watcher or tracker contradicting me, I'd just rather not say more if I can avoid it because it could have bad repercussions. If people besides the one person who is most likely scum want to hear it then I'd be more willing to risk it.
So that's more or less an admission that you found your target on N3?
No, just that my target wasn't Slorange. Could have found them night four, five, six, etc. Just don't want to reveal who they are when it's unnecessary (especially at the insistence of likely scum).

I mean I guess I thought I was obvious but I guess I was successfully vague enough?
Ok I'm doing a dredge to figure out what the heck even it is you're on about, and I feel like #148 (and the general exchange with Scum!Amos) on D1 leaves little chance Palamedes was knowingly aligned with scum.

Doesn't discount the possibility of a traitor who picks up flavour on targets until he hits a scumbuddy, though.
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits of Highly Dead People
In The Danger Zone Votals:

Palamedes - 1 (Sotek)
Akumu - 1 (icanhasdonut)
Schazer - 1 (Palamedes)

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch. There is no more soft lynch.
Deadline is Tuesday, June 3rd at 11:59 Mountain time.

Event!

There's a crash of thunder and the lights suddenly dim. There must be a storm outside.

Before anyone can react, however, the guinea pig runs into the middle of the library and starts squeaking wildly.

"Eek eek eek yip awk awk awk yip awk awk yip eek! Eek eek eek yip eek yip awk eek awk eek yip eek awk eek yip eek yip awk yip eek eek eek! Eek awk yip eek awk eek yip eek! Eek eek eek eek yip eek eek yip awk eek eek yip awk eep eek yip eek yip awk eek! Eek awk yip eek awk eek eek yip eek awk awk yip eek awk yip awk eek awk awk yip eek eek eek!"

It then runs off into the corners of the library again.
For those interested, the hamster said "Some secrets are hidden always."
I'm contemplating: is someone a survivor? That would explain why fogel is being so weird about the gamestate.

Furthermore: if someone claimed survivor, would it even be a good idea to lynch them?
It would depend on the person and situation surrounding it, I'd imagine.
Wow it actually happened! Okay so that's my claim of what I'm up to verified at least. It is up to you if you believe somebody making worthless things happen is a caramel townie.
(05-30-2014, 04:46 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »It would depend on the person and situation surrounding it, I'd imagine.

I mean in the current state right now today, etc.
cool
pala is being very scummy and noncommittal and basically saying "no reveal because ~*reasons*~" and hnnnnnnm that's really scummy and you better have something
Eugh I'd hardly say verified Akumu, I mean scum have had similar abilities before.

Donut I want you to take a look at the state of nebulous 'not MYLO but it could be if something bad happens' and ask yourself why I wouldn't want to divulge everything there is to divulge before you try to slam me for being non-committal. Especially because I have 'committed' a.k.a. I basically stated the part of my role already (the word you are actually looking for is 'vague').
well uh

if your role is related to that nebulous state:
then either you are a scum, a third party, or you somehow grant, like, two bonus kills if killed?

in those cases our actions seem to be, respectively:
lynch you, lynch you anyway, lynch the mod.
I think there's a mix of option 2 and 3 going to be honest?

I mean I'd love to lynch the mod because oh my god my role.
you're a mix of a third party

wut
like ... pala, convince me you're not being cagey becuase you're a traitor. please.
Rrrrrrrrrrrg

Palamedes and Nova's interactions on Copclaim Donut D4 read a lot like scum, buuuuut on the other hand that worrying at Truegreen on #821 does not read like scum.

Ignoring the results of what may, eventually, turn out to be a naive cop, Akumu is clear by virtue of being caught up in a scum busdriving with Truegreen on N2. Sotek got hit with townfirm pie. Everyone else is a giant fucking question mark at this point.

Vote: Palamedes I am watching this like a goddamn hawk people
Like from my perspective

Confirmed:
Akumu
Me
Donut
Sotek

?????
Palamedes
Nova
Gnauga
Seedy

There are two scum and (probably) a survivor in the question mark column and the fact that (bar Pala) they're comparatively inactive today is making me really fucking nervous.
I forgot Akumu was driven with Truegreen. oops
I guess barring Things I will vote for pala when the time is good n right

(05-30-2014, 07:24 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »cool
pala is being very scummy and noncommittal and basically saying "no reveal because ~*reasons*~" and hnnnnnnm that's really scummy and you better have something

you do realize that pala has directly I said "I'll stop being cagey once someone other than the person I think is scum asks me about stuff"
I mean he responds to sotek
no reveal because weird gamestate/schazer potentially rolefishing is Fair imo? I'm suspicious of his claim but like...I don't think responding to someone you think is scum asking you about your role with "hey: no" is exactly A Scumtell
not that he isn't still pretty cage with sotek. hmm. hey pala can you tell us who else you checked maybe?

also schaz why is sotek more cleared than other innocents?
A) it's just trusting in the pie, but

B) a thing which is making me grit my teeth at him if he has similar trains of logic and runnings-off of the mouth in a similar vein to mine

Basically he's saying things, and if it were me in that position saying those things I would not be saying those things