One Night Werewolf - DAY ‽

Because I can't ever gather nine people on IRC for a full up game.

It's One Night Werewolf!

One night? You can't have a mafia game with a single night!!

yeah here's how it goes. It starts out with a single Night 0 phase, wolves find out their team, roles cause varying amounts of chaos, all that good stuff.
Then you have one normal day phase, in which everybody argues with each other about who's a wolf and which of the three people claiming to be seer is telling the truth and etc etc etc. I'm thinking a two or three day time limit. Traditional is ten minutes but you know, that might not work so well in a forums format when people are in all sorts of time zones.

Once the time limit is up, everybody has to shut up and may only cast a lynch vote, or vote to no lynch. I mean, you can vote before the time limit, but you can also change it at time up. Time limit can also be cut short if enough people agree to end it early.

If a Wolf is killed in the vote, or the town agrees to abstain when there are no wolves, the Town wins. If a Townie is killed in the vote, the Wolves win, even if there are none.

In each round there are twelve possible roles, 9 of which will be randomly distributed to players. The remaining three can be viewed or traded with based on given role powers. Speaking of which, these are those roles.
Role List w/ Images
SpoilerShow

Probably run multiple games of this, since, y'know, one night. For now, nine people.

Playerlist Round One
1. Coldblooded - Minion
2. SeaWyrm - Robber
3. Dragon Fogel - Seer
4. Garuru - Insomniac
5. Schazer - Tanner
6. icanhasdonut - Werewolf
7. Palamedes - Troublemaker
8. Sai - Mason
9. Gnauga - Mason

Playerlist Round Two
1. Garuru - Werewolf
2. SeaWyrm - Tanner
3. icanhasdonut - Troublemaker
4. Palamedes - Hunter
5. SleepingOrange - Minion
6. Gnauga - Seer
7. Schazer - DoppelRobber
8. Dragon Fogel - Robber
9. Chwoka - Mason
10. Granolaman - Insomniac

Playerlist Round Three
1. Schazer - Werewolf
2. Garuru - Minion
3. Palamedes - Mason
4. Dragon Fogel - Mason
5. icanhasdonut - Robber
6. Granolaman - Troublemaker
7. Coldblooded - Insomniac
8. SeaWyrm - Werewolf
9. SleepingOrange - Tanner
10. Chwoka - Hunter

Daystart Round Three

Playerlist Round Four sponsored by Dragon Fogel
1. icanhasdonut - Mason
2. Garuru - DoppleRobber
3. cyber95 - Robber
4. SeaWyrm - Tanner
5. SleepingOrange - Troublemaker
6. Chwoka - Hunter
7. Gnauga - Werewolf
8. Spandex Faffy - Minion
9. Coldblooded - Werewolf
10. Palamedes - Seer

Daystart Round Four

Playerlist Round Five sponsored by SleepingOrange
1. SeaWyrm - Werewolf
2. Spandex Faffy - Troublemaker
3. icanhasdonut - Minion
4. cyber95 - Mason
5. Palamedes - Mason
6. Coldblooded - Werewolf
7. Garuru - Seer
8. Chwoka - Insomniac
9. Granolaman - Robber
10. Dragon Fogel - Tanner

Round Five Daystart

Playerlist Round Six sponsored by Spandex Faffy
1. Schazer
2. Dragon Fogel
3. Garuru
4. Mirdini
5. Coldblooded
7. Palamedes
8. Sai
9. Whimbrel
10. Cyber95

Round Six Daystart

ROUND SEVEN
1. Pharmacy
2. Reecer6
3. Thalia V1
4. a52
5. Granolaman
6. Kieros
7. Palamedes

Round Seven Daystart
RE: One Night Werewolf
I'd be willing to play a game, but I have to admit I'm not totally clear on how the role-swapping mechanic works. Does this mean that somebody could end up actually being a townie/mafia/tanner without even knowing about it?

Also, is it safe to assume that the hunter revenge kill is treated like a second lynch here? Because the way the roles are worded right now says that town/tanner only wins if they <i>lynch</i> the correct players, not just kill them.
I'll give this a shot. It's high time I actually tried playing some mafia with you guys.
I was involved in a test run, and yes, you can end up losing your role and not knowing it. I ended up being a wolf through two shifts and thought I was a Mason.

On the run before that, Sai and I were masons and Para switched us, that was the silliest thing.

Basically this isn't very serious. On that note, sign me up.
boing boing im in
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(05-14-2014, 07:46 PM)Coldblooded Wrote: »I'd be willing to play a game, but I have to admit I'm not totally clear on how the role-swapping mechanic works. Does this mean that somebody could end up actually being a townie/mafia/tanner without even knowing about it?

Also, is it safe to assume that the hunter revenge kill is treated like a second lynch here? Because the way the roles are worded right now says that town/tanner only wins if they <i>lynch</i> the correct players, not just kill them.

What Fogel said for the first. For the second thing, yeah, the hunter revenge kill is treated just like the lynch kill, so it counts for whatever win conditions a regular lynch would activate. If the Hunter kills the Tanner/a wolf, Tanner/town wins.
I can manage a thread version I think.
sure why not
I'll give it a go I guess.
I'm in.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
This sounds like an absolute claiming clusterfuck. I'm in too.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Okay that's full. Sending out roles and asking for night actions now. I mentioned it in the messages for those of you without actions, but make sure you respond to confirm, even if you don't have an action to send to me.
Confirming here.
Confirmed.
boop.
Ahoy.
Confirming.
I am here
Hi I'm here.
NIGHT OCCURED!
The following does not necessarily confirm which roles exist or if they actually acted. It is a reminder of what order actions occur.

The Werewolves come out to meet one another and determine each other's identities.
The Minion peeks out of their door as the werewolves go home, to see their secret allies.
The Masons rendezvous to confirm their knowledge of each other's identities.
The Seer uses their arcane powers to view the unknown.
The Robber indulges their selfish desires and takes a role from another.
The Troublemaker had a bit of fun and swapped around two people's roles.
The Drunk had a bit too much to drink and forgot what their new role is.
The Insomniac wakes up to make sure they're still who they think they are.

The Tanner and The Hunter sleep soundly.

Everybody wakes up.
You may begin arguing about who did what and who needs to die, if anybody.
Day ends on Monday, May 19, 6:00 PM PST or if Six people vote to end night early, at which point everybody will have 24 hours to make one final post containing only their vote.

You can still vote before deadline but there's no hammering or anything and you can choose to use the aforementioned final vote post to confirm your previous vote.
RE: One Night Werewolf - Day Only - START
Schazer, I am smirking so hard at you right now.
I... uh... I don't really have a clue how to start in these games so I'll just start with specific mechanics I suppose. It seems that the Drunk is the least likely role to be in the game, as they can swap their own role out, but the unused Drunk cannot be swapped back in. So, unless the Drunk decides not to swap their role, we essentially have 11 roles to guess which ones are in the game.

I am operating under the assumption that all actions are entirely optional. Also apparently it is possible for there to be no werewolves in the game? That's weird but cool.
Robber and Troublemaker can choose to not take their action, Drunk is required to.

And indeed, if you suspect there are no werewolves, you can vote to no lynch.
I don't really know how these things usually play out, but I guess the central mechanic is claims? At least these rounds are short
so I'll ante up myself and Sai as masons.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Not any more, Gnauga. I was the Robber and I stole your role.