Battle Royale! Game Complete!

Battle Royale! Game Complete!
Re: Battle Royale! (Game Start!) Round 1: 1984
Originally posted on MSPA by Kiren17.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

The Composer watched as a lull started to appear in the combat. After the first round of skirmishes had broken out with little resolution, most were content to call a ceasefire and try to tend to their wounds.

Granted, the odd contestant still had murder on their mind, but for most the reality of this contest had set in. Most now realised immediate, outward aggression would only weaken them while more discerning contestants waited in the background; letting the stronger, aggressive fighters wear each other down.

Most did, anyway...

The majority of the contestants gathered in an awkward calm at the foot of one of the partially demolished Ministries, each tenuous alliance claiming its own little patch amongst the rubble.

Xeno strode towards this little gathering, blade at the ready to balance out the chaos that screamed from Mike. It was his job, after all, to purge the world of such violent energy...

As the masked man approached, the vectors rose like glowing snakes from the rubble, followed by the slouching Mike. He spread his arms in a mockery of sacrifice or supplication, back still to the samurai.

"Well, bring it on then. Oh, I'm not helpless enough for you, blademaster?" His voice dripped with sarcasm as the vectors slumped lifelessly to the ground. With a snigger, he added, "Heh. These're no use against your pretty blade anyway."
Mike's arms were still stretched out, as though he was lost in glorious contemplation of the edited moon which illuminated them all.

Xeno stood cautiously, wondering what was up. The stench of corruption coming off this man, the whisper of his blade begging to snuff it out were all horribly distracting. Yet this seemed to be the most opportune chance to take him down...

Xeno raised the blade above his head with both hands, ready to bring it down in a swift arc to cleave Mike in two. He paused only a moment to mutter a prayer for this wretched soul-

There was a swish, and several swift punctuations of gunfire as one of Mike's vectors slid across the ground in a graceful arc, grabbed the gun without pause, and shot Xeno thrice in the chest over their master's shoulder.

As the blade and Xeno fell to the ground, Mike finally turned to stand over the dying samurai. His arms were still extended out as if in flight, but in one the still-smoking gun now resided. With a remorseless grin, he laughed quietly; more to the vectors than to Xeno,

"I knew these beauties wouldn't let me die."

His arm finally fell to point accusingly at the struggling, prone form of Xeno. The barrel of the gun was placed with almost loving precision between the eyes of the fox-mask. Applying a little pressure to raise Xeno's head, Mike scolded with a grin,

"I warned you."

The sound of three more shots tore through Airstrip One as Mike emptied the chamber into Xeno's face. Everything halted in the deserted city at the sound of those shots. Granted, shots had been fired before, but all seven knew, like some perception in their minds of the nature of this game had been swiftly reassessed.

~~~~

The Composer turned to Creator You. "That was most unfortunate. Nonetheless, I implore you to keep trying until you forge one who will take the multiverse by storm."

As the Creator departed, the Composer smiled her unfathomable smile and declared, "Very good. Shall we proceed to Round 2?"

Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

Well, there's only one word I can say about Xeno's death. Ow.
Originally posted on MSPA by MyifanW.

Great, now can schazer stop being kidnapped now, Candlejack?
Originally posted on MSPA by Lankie.

I think we gotta wait *sigh* one more day
Originally posted on MSPA by Mystify.

Ok, time for the next round
Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

Yes, much next round is to be had.
Oh wait.... I forgot, candlewossname has Schazer. Damn.

what is the deal with that, anyways?
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

It's really, really stupid. That's the deal with it.
Originally I thought it was actually kind of clever. They get kidnapped and then it's like they were actually kidnapped.

And then it started distrupting things, and because things couldn't get done, I realize how stupid an idea it was.
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

The moon, lurking overhead, vanishes with such suddenness one may've been excused for thinking it fell from the sky. The strange aura still lit up each contestant, with the exception of the now-motionless Xeno.

The seven had only a moment to contemplate this logical glitch, or pointedly ignore it and rush to get their affairs in order; before their inexplicable auras grew in intensity and swallowed up the landscape around them, leaving them alone in a white void. Prior proximity to other contestants was no longer relevant.

Without moving an inch in any direction, the light receded to reveal to seven pairs of eyes a magnificent vantage point over a completely different landscape.

Well, landscape was a bit of a misnomer, as they were so high up that an endless plain of swirling, wispy cloud was a substitute for ground zero.

The only thing emerging from this eerie, murmuring fog was a lone, monstrous pillar composed of translucent, pulsing, latticed crystal, which the contestants all found themselves sitting on its exterior; all roughly at the same altitude. The summit was an indeterminate, though not unattainable ascent above them, while the whispering mist swirled not twenty feet below where each of them perched.

The stone pulsed with a quietly resentful energy even the non-magical contestants could sense; radiating a contempt for the beings perched upon it out, far into the watery heliotrope sky.

The Composer's voice sang out, momentarily drowning out the silent song of hate the crystal spire hummed.

"Welcome, contestants, to the Hoodoo. Before we start this Act, let me warn you: The Ravven tears apart the soul, and the only refuge is in the soul of another."

There is a pause, and the Composer's tone loses some of its mysticality. "Actually, I lied. You should be safe at the summit.

Let Act Two begin."

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Lankie.

Zeke waited as the light cleared, he would never get used to that. He once again felt a breeze flow through him, once again he was high up. He glanced up to see the imaculate crystal spire rise up to infinity. Seemingly never ending.

Zeke walked to the edge of the path to look down, at first it didn't seem too bad, however he quickly realised that was a fog down there and not solid ground. The malevolent mist boiled around the edges of the piller, Zeke knew straight away that it was no ordinary mist, but something much worse.

"Safe at the summit"

He once again looked up the tower, mental preparing himself for what was to come, this would be a test of endurance. "Lets get started then"

Zeke took a quick run up and leaped towards the external wall of the Hoodoo and clung on it. The crystaline tower had alot of jutting positions for climbing, the material however wasn't ideal, pretty slippy. Still, Zeke endeared and begun to slowly climb up the tower.

Total distance climbed: 3M

Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

"Ah, an interesting place this is. I'll meet you inside." Grimm hopped inside of the mountain through a nearby hole. "Hm, climbing the walls could be harder than normal, as I seem to be unable to dissolve at the moment."
Re: Battle Royale! (Game Start!) Round 2: The Hoodoo
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Oh, and may as well make it clear now that Dragon Fogel had the right idea. Thanks for keeping things sane(ish) in my absence.

Whit immediately sobered up, and took a look around. He was standing at the mouth of a hole inside the Hoodoo. As far as he could see, there was nothing around, but for a fog below. He looked up. The structure he stood on was fairly steep, but seemed managable. What concerned him was that it looked like it grew steeper the higher up it went, and he couldn't even see the top. Suddenly, the composer's words came up in his mind. Although he didnt understand much, he understood that there were monsters... Ravvens? That could apparently take his soul... And they were somewhere on this structure... He glanced worriedly down into the fog and then up the Hoodoo. Safety lay up there... But could he reach it?

"hell... This is less than ideal. Well... At least I'm full."

Whit began his slow progression upwards... He had slight experience climbing things, but this...

10 meters up or so. I have a feeling Whit's going to be slow...

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

The average human male is approximately 1.8 m tall. Have you tried climbing twice your height in a single bound? Now repeat that 75-80 times and then you can aswccend 300m.

Ok, I get it. I looked up Hoodoo too. What exactly do you mean by holes? Are they all just holes all the way through, or is it possble to ascend from the inside?

Ok... um... take a hill shaped like a classic volcano. Now take a upside-down cone-shaped chunk out of the top of it. Cross-section would look like the letter M (Actually, more like an upside-down W).

Now take that shape, make it huge, and like a doughnut from top-down, and make it very very tall and make sure the top has enough space to let seven silly contestants walk around on it without crawling.

Then stick the bottom end in flesh-eating fog so it looks more like a cylinder than a big bowl.

Next, make the whole thing out of huge translucent crystal chunks just sorta piled on top of each other in a way that the whole thing holds its shape, but there's gaps you can crawl through so you can climb either up the inner wall or the outer wall. Then make the crystals generically anti-god-mode and you're done [img]images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Any bits that I didn't make clear? May as well elaborate before we get continuity errors.

so... Uh... The one part I don't get is the upsidedown cone part. Do you mean that the top of the Hoodoo has a hole it, or... I dunno.

Yeah, I was sort of confused, then thought I started understanding it a little, and then you mentioned the upside-down cone thing and I don't get it any more.

Alright, this time with images.

A cross-section of it:
[Image: 4j8c1z.jpg]

And a picture of the top (people drawn seriously out of scale)
[Image: 280npet.jpg]

It has a climbable exterior wall and also a climbable interior wall. It is not an actual Hoodoo, although it is a weirdly-shaped rock.

Itzal Looked around. Fog below. Itzal normally liked fog, but this fog made it very uneasy. Itzal looked upwards. That will be a long climb. Luckily Itzal didn't plan on climbing. Itzal started to transform, and immediately felt that something was wrong. Transforming, which normally felt smooth and effortless, was like wading through molasses. Nonetheless, it forced its way through into a avian form and started flying up. However, it didn't take long before the effort of staying transformed was too much. Itzal landed on the wall and resumed its normal form, which reasserted itself rather forcefully. Itzal sat down to recover. Thats not going to get it much farther. Looks like a long climb ahead.

Total distance: 100m

Originally posted on MSPA by Kiren17.

Cobra contemplated his ascent briefly, then began his way up.

"Hmm, fang layonin have never been very proficient with climbing... This should prove for an entertaining round."

Cobra transformed into his half-wolf form and already felt some energy leave him.

Very very interesting...

He wasted no time, and began his ascent. The more quickly he climbed, though, the more tired he became. He had barely made it up 15 meters when he could feel his power leaving him. He reverted back to 'human' form and began sliding down, but used his dagger to hold himself in place.

"A very entertaining round it will be..."

SpoilerShow

"What happened? Why aren't we in the Ministry of Peace any more? And where did the others go?""
"We're in a completely different place now! Whoever's running this obviously thinks it's boring to have just one battlefield, or something."
"Well we need to get to the top of this... mountain thing. I don't want to find out exactly what exactly we need to be safe from, so we should ascend quickly. First we should trangulate the exact height of it so that we know..."
Gadget started reciting equations he could theoretically use to figure out how high he needs to go, when Whir made an observation.

"Where's Carrie?"
Indeed, the recently built companion was nowhere to be seen. "Perhaps... the person in charge... doesn't want me to have too many others to rely on? If so, I wonder where Carrie went..."
"I don't think that's important right now. I also think that your dumb math is a waste of time right now? Who cares how far we have to go, as long as we get there? Get to climbing!"
Whir made a valid point. Gadget was never very strong and couldn't exactly do pull ups or anything of the like, but with the strength he gave himself in the round prior, he figured climbing would be a bit easier. And a few minutes later he was at least a meter up.
"...This isn't working. I think those truth documents only count for that last area."

Total Distance Climbed: 1m