WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died
Originally posted on MSPA by Mister Visceral.

A Killer Cuppa Tea Wrote:MV, you still haven't cottoned on to the fact that you are trying to get away with doing nothing. Your posts are literally empty posts that are vague promises of more content later, and when "later" happens, you don't have anything. When pushed on it you don't have anything. And now you STILL don't have anything. If you're going to insist on not doing anything, I'm going to insist on lynching you. "But I don't HAVE anything [img]images/smilies/aghast.gif[/img]!" You say. "Go die to lynch then!" I reply.
I know, I haven't been too good about that this game. To be fair though! I have had to defend myself a lot. And my past few posts have Actually started to deviate from the me topic. Notice the part where I ask lun questions because a lot of his posts have frightened me with brevity and semantics and fluff? I'm actually starting to be productive. And I delivered on what I promised, it was just shitty.

I'm actually feeling comfortable enough to start giving some reads. I'll do that when I get home. And also reprimand bosscat for twisting my words. Whyyyy are people doing that? (Probably because I'm communicating poorly QQ)
Originally posted on MSPA by MrGuy.

Mister Visceral Wrote:I'm actually feeling comfortable enough to start giving some reads. I'll do that when I get home. And also reprimand bosscat for twisting my words.
Look I really doubt that second bit is going to help you look less scummy so you might want to just stick to the first part.

If only because I'm starting to get really annoyed by "this is what you said" "no this is what I said" "actually this here is what he said"

konec - He's really just kind of doing his thing, which is productive to town so... keep him alive. He seemed oddly nitpicky in his first post shortly after RVS. Like he knew people weren't being seriously but regardless tried to use RVS silliness to pin stuff on people. Any explanation for that, catboss? After that, tho, he's been protown.

Luneix - AN ENIGMA WRAPPED INSIDE A MYSTERY. Also protown. I actually have a pretty strong townread on him, just based on the way he's interacted with people. It has been... quirky, for sure. But I can't see scum acting the way Inule's Nobody has been acting.

Palamedes - Grumble grumble I don't really have a scumread on him. He's been p. legit lately and just frustrating because he's called me on shit and I've had to dig myself out of it blah blah.

MrGuy - Has done strange things. A lot. I'll agree with Pala, though, his relationship with Tea makes him seem townier, and he has been active and productive and SHIT MAFIA DOES. Whatever. Townread, my friend. Until Tea flips town and we take second looks and you probably still end up being a townread YOU PIECE OF SHIT jk I love you. [img]images/smilies/icon_heartbeat.gif[/img]s all round for on.

[img]images/smilies/icon_heartbeat.gif[/img]s on the house. They're all on me.

KILLER CUPPA TEA - The way you've been expressing your aggression has been acutely WEIRD AS FUCK. And the way you handled your spat with MrGuy also seemed odd in intent and execution and gives me the heebies. Especially the post where you vote me and start talking about opportunity cost:

A Killer Cuppa Tea Wrote:Others like MV. MV, having weak opinions is far, far better than refusing to state your opinions at all. That - the refusal to share with town for fear of stepping into shit - is by far the most skeevy thing I've seen this far in the game. If you're town, why do you care? And if you do care, why are you harming town by NOT stating your opinions, and giving scum a nice pool in which to fester? The answer, of course, is that you AREN'T town after all. The rest of your stuff is jut icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned. At this point, even if we lynch you and you're town - which looks unlikely - we are merely ridding ourselves of an unhelpful townie. A much smaller opportunity cost than is usual. Vote: MV
It's like he's setting up a safety net for me flipping town because he knows my alignment. YOU KNOW WHO KNOWS PEOPLE'S ALIGNMENTS? The moderator.

Vote Tea again

He is the moderator. It's him.
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

You could have just searched for Paranoia's posts in Advanced Search, Fogel.

Konec0 (1) - seastormjt
Namboto (1) - absoluteCertainty
A Killer Cuppa Tea (3) - Solaris, Namboto, Mister Visceral
TehPilot (2) - seedy, Paranoia
Ixcalibur (2) - anacreon, Ixcalibur
Mister Visceral (4) - Palamedes, Mr. Guy, Tea, Mirdini
St. Elsewhere (1) - cuttlefishCuller
No Lynch (1) - curiousCat

Abstaining (4) - Schazer, Agent 1022,tehPilot, konec0, Luniex

Day ends January 26th, 5 PM EST. It takes 11 to hard lynch and 6 to soft lynch.
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

Mister Visceral Wrote:konec - *snip*

He seemed oddly nitpicky in his first post shortly after RVS. Like he knew people weren't being seriously but regardless tried to use RVS silliness to pin stuff on people. Any explanation for that, catboss?
Yeah let's take a look at that shall we.
...oh, what's that? I'm talking about the Tea wagon, which had by that point gathered 4 people on it!
My only mention of RVS is this:

konec0 Wrote:yeeaaaaaa figures I miss RVS on my first game back
?????????

Mister Visceral Wrote:And also reprimand bosscat for twisting my words.
I literally just quoted what you said.
Those statements are statements that you made. This is a fact.
Those statements also contradict each other. This is also a fact.

You seemed to be taking Solaris and Cat more seriously than what was warranted. That's all.
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

Just going to say here for no reason that I have no classes tomorrow so suck it.

konec0 Wrote:I literally just quoted what you said.
Those statements are statements that you made. This is a fact.
Those statements also contradict each other. This is also a fact.
Oh. I thought you were ignoring chronological context for one of them, but you weren't. To explain, I had two definitive reads, and would have to bullshit "reads based on catvote reactions." My "two reads" weren't based on catvote reactions.

As for the "I still don't claim to have any reads", I was speaking within the context of the post that I was quoting. If that makes any sense. If you need me to clarify I can, I just currently cannot wrap my brain around how to words.

Mister Visceral Wrote:You seemed to be taking Solaris and Cat more seriously than what was warranted. That's all.
Re: Solaris
points out that Solaris was second on Tea, and also tried to get Cat on Tea, i.e. trying to get the bandwagon going
ALSO points out that this was for no stated reason other than "beru said so"
do you think that bandwagons are not serious matters that warrant discussion.
Granted, Solaris has a tendency to be p. silly ingame but that certainly does Stink Of Something a little.

Re: Cat
I've already mentioned why I don't like early NL votes. However, I also didn't really pursue the matter beyond asking Cat for her reads because IIRC Cat has a habit of doing that (voting NL early D1). Additionally, we were already out of RVS by the time that post was made, the Tea wagon had already picked up 4 votes.

MalkyTop Wrote:Just going to say here for no reason that I have no classes tomorrow so suck it.
I refuse

Mister Visceral Wrote:Oh. I thought you were ignoring chronological context for one of them, but you weren't. To explain, I had two definitive reads, and would have to bullshit "reads based on catvote reactions." My "two reads" weren't based on catvote reactions.

As for the "I still don't claim to have any reads", I was speaking within the context of the post that I was quoting. If that makes any sense. If you need me to clarify I can, I just currently cannot wrap my brain around how to words.
Hm yes tents paws this is acceptable for now.

What were your two definitive reads at the time tho?

konec0 Wrote:Re: Solaris
points out that Solaris was second on Tea, and also tried to get Cat on Tea, i.e. trying to get the bandwagon going
ALSO points out that this was for no stated reason other than "beru said so"
do you think that bandwagons are not serious matters that warrant discussion.
Granted, Solaris has a tendency to be p. silly ingame but that certainly does Stink Of Something a little.

Re: Cat
I've already mentioned why I don't like early NL votes. However, I also didn't really pursue the matter beyond asking Cat for her reads because IIRC Cat has a habit of doing that (voting NL early D1). Additionally, we were already out of RVS by the time that post was made, the Tea wagon had already picked up 4 votes.
Fair nuffff.
konec0 Wrote:Hm yes tents paws this is acceptable for now.

What were your two definitive reads at the time tho?
Luneix Town, Tea scum. Those haven't changed much (see: that post I just maaade)
Originally posted on MSPA by curiousCat.

konec0 Wrote:Re: Cat
ya I do that every game it's null etc
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

i resent the said that i stink i dont smell i shower every morning and if i amstinking it is because i have been slimered

today i went to work and i spent all of it wondering what i should post and you all get a poop joke

poopes
Originally posted on MSPA by crepuscularDissembler.

@Luneix: to Bayes It Up ™ properly you need to factor in the initial probability of them being town/town, town/scum, and scum/scum and THEN add in how those would change if they had a fighty interaction (vs. no interaction vs. positive interaction?). at least I think that's how it should work
although I guess the point of doing it is less to be totally accurate and more to force yourself to really consider how likely you feel things are so w/e
this is all fairly unrelated to the game and for that I am sorry

I'm vaguely annoyed by MV voting Tea but that is because I want Tea to talk more about things that aren't him and the whole vote thing won't really help they'll just fuss back and forth even more
I feel much better about Luneix and MrGuy though so there's that at least

what happened to seastorm. where seastorm.
Originally posted on MSPA by anacreon.

The MV thing which is probably going to eat up the day.
Something i think worth noting is that Tea started attacking MV after pala had for a while which makes me go hmm. Like tea is following pala.

If one of pala or tea is scum i think it is tea.
@everyone if one of tea or pala is scum who do you think it is?

tea because pala, as a robot, can't disobey a direct order AND I ORDER HIM TO VOTE FOR TEA
Originally posted on MSPA by Luneix.

@crepescularDissembler (or Seedy, as I think you've been referenced as?) - Yeah, I'm terrible at Bayes, so like you said, it was more an attempt to make myself give an honest opinion on how I thought the state of play with the Tea/MrGuy scenario was, rather than any super-math-ness

@Anacreon - With the Tea/Pala town/scum debate, I think it's probably too up-in-the-air to look at without more testimony from the two - the way I see it Pala's been grilling everyone pretty hard for views and potential scumminess, which could suggest overly-aggressive town or obfuscating scum, while Tea's been targeting fewer people with the same intensity, trying to get a rise/leads out of them. Problem is, they're probably two my most neutral reads, so it could swing either way. If I was forced to, at the moment I'd say (by a very, very slight margin) that I think Pala's the slightly scummier one, if only because he's been a little more active and a little more broad in his accusations.

@Mister Visceral - Was that a Kingdom Hearts reference in #353? [img]images/smilies/pc_chummy.gif[/img]
Originally posted on MSPA by A Killer Cuppa Tea.

Someone asked me for reads - I have more town reads than scum reads, but here, in no particular order:

Town:
Konec0, Palamedes, Paranoia,

Town enough not to pursue for now:
MrGuy, beruru, both cCs, Luneix

Way too amusing to kill:
Solaris, Mirdini, Seedy,

Everyone else is fair game, I suppose. I prefer to stick with one target at a time, especially early, and I'm still happy keeping my vote on MV.

Just letting you guys know I will be computerless through this weekend. I'll do the best with what I got.

Hey Tea, what's putting konec up in your top tier of towniness rather than the middle? Is there more to your Para read than just his relationship with me?
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

I Thought Of That But I'm Lazy, Malky. Also The Votals Haven't Actually Changed.

Konec0 (1) - seastormjt
Namboto (1) - absoluteCertainty
A Killer Cuppa Tea (3) - Solaris, Namboto, Mister Visceral
TehPilot (2) - seedy, Paranoia
Ixcalibur (2) - anacreon, Ixcalibur
Mister Visceral (4) - Palamedes, Mr. Guy, Tea, Mirdini
St. Elsewhere (1) - cuttlefishCuller
No Lynch (1) - curiousCat

Abstaining (4) - Schazer, Agent 1022,tehPilot, konec0, Luniex

Day ends January 26th, 5 PM EST. It takes 11 to hard lynch and 6 to soft lynch.

Reminder: About 27 hours remain in the day.
Originally posted on MSPA by absoluteCertainty.

tea, why am i town
[Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif]
Originally posted on MSPA by A Killer Cuppa Tea.

absoluteCertainty Wrote:tea, why am i town
Because of that Thing you did earlier in the day