Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Tabletop RPG - It's Aliiiive!
RE: Pokemon Tabletop RPG
"Alright, let's go!" Clifton leads the way to the Gym.
Tori gets schooled up on what's good and what's not for her birds - it's to her disgruntlement that it's not as simple as "they can take a hit from and can easily trounce given types". Sure, that applies for Bug, Grass, and Fighting types, and she'd be better off sending someone else out against an Electric type or Rock type, but Ice types and Steel types are a special case. Apparently.

Tori wonders what the dicks you're supposed to do to take down a Steel type. She supposes if she's that curious about it further down the track she can just find another one of these magazines.

That done, she stands up, stretches, and finds out where her Pokemon have got to. If they haven't found anything interesting, she reckons a stroll down the beach might be nice.
The store owner just sort of blinks at Bastion's endless barrage of questions, unsure how to answer. Or maybe he just didn't quite manage to catch any of that.

Raphael, Marc, and Clifton head to the Gym and open the doors and -whoa!
There's nothing in there!

...like, as far as you can tell, it is filled with literally nothing. A pitch black void. If there are floors or walls, you can't see them, but an experimental foot in the door says that the nothingness is apparently solid enough to walk on. Indeed, in the distance (further away than the walls should be able to run?) there are a few Gym Trainers hanging out. You can't actually see Wisp. Somehow, everybody actually in the Gym is perfectly illuminated, despite the lack of any light at all.

Right inside near the entrance is a pink pokemon with a big angry shell on its tail, and thick square glasses on its face. It's carrying a large pad of paper and a marker. Upon seeing you, it suddenly starts scribbling on the pad of paper.
He turns it around when he's done.
"WELCOMM TO SPIRIT TOWN GYM!!"

There's not really much of a beach here. The edge by the water has a sharp cliff, but the ocean air is still nice.

VIKINGADVENTURE
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Bastion holds out a Pokeball and stares.
His eyes almost say "TRAINING. FIGHT. BATTLE. YES. LET'S GO."
Tori is pretty over cliff-meandering, and gets her birds to meander back to the gym.

Before actually going in, though, she looks round the back for a dumpster or something, and has a fossick through that.
Sturm shrugs it off, moves Northeast 2 and East 2, and swords Eggsecute 1. Sleipnir uses Flame Wheel on Eggsecute 2.
Raphael boggles.

And tentatively pokes a Pokedex in that there direction for scanningtimes of the gymbro because specificity.
Marc scans the gym guy omg.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
"Uh, sorry kid. I don't battle. Appreciate the offer and all, but it's not for me. If you're looking for a fight, I'm sure one of the Gym Trainers will be willing to oblige!"

Tori goes Dumpster Diving!
1d20=7
Wow, look at all this trash! It's so worthless! And kind of gross. Is that like, ectoplasm? Or is it something more sinister?
Whatever it is, you don't want to touch it. After this pointless endeavor, she heads over to the empty void of a Gym.

You scan the Gym Slowbro. The pokedex entry doesn't say anything about being the greeter at Gyms.
He writes something new on the sign.
"GYM LEDER = WISP
GHOSTS!
NORML + FIGHT = :(
GHOST + DARK = :)"

VIKINGADVENTURE
SpoilerShow
Bastion rushes to the gym and bursts in with fire in his eyes, running forward without paying any attention at all.

"Traininnnnnnnnnnnnng. Batttttttttttttttttttttttttttle."
Sturm swords Gastly 2, and Sleipnir uses Flame Wheel on Gastly 2.
Clifton also pokedexes Gymbro, then just sort of... runs as fast as he can and leaps next to the closest trainer. "You! Let's battle!"

He will start by deploying Calloway, assuming he made the jump.
Tori scowls at the gym; this is clearly superfluous and or bloody stupid. The weird thing with a whiteboard at the door has useful information to impart (even if the Pokedex doesn't when she uses that), at least. She keeps Natalie at the ready, then takes a veeeery cautious step toward the nearest unoccupied Gym Trainer.
Clifton jumps! This accomplishes little. One of the Gym Trainers approaches him anyways.

"Hah, you must be new. It's a bit disorienting in here the first time you're here. Don't worry, there's floor wherever you need it to be. Anyways, you look itchin' for a fight. Did you want the leader, or did you want a practice fight beforehand? I don't think any of us busy right now."
He looks over at the rest of the group.
"That goes for any of you! I can grab Wisp right away, or set you up with somebody here to spar!"

Gym Bro waves at Bastion as he enters.

VIKINGADVENTURE
SpoilerShow
Tori catches up with the group, and prods the Trainer in his chest.

"You. Me. Let's do this. Faster I can get out of here, the better."
"Oh, um. I'll take a practice fight, then."
Bastion does not stop until he hits some poor, poor, poor practice trainer.
Marc pokes the ground a little, and, satisfied with the results, he prances around a bit. He discovers that you can make stairs! So he runs all the way up as far as he can and takes aerial shots.
Sturm attempts to chop the Gastly's head off, and Sleipnir uses Flame Wheel again.
EVERYBODY GOES TO SOME PLACES TO FIGHT
CLIFTON
SpoilerShow

TORI
SpoilerShow

BASTION
SpoilerShow

STURM
SpoilerShow
Bastion get's out the Dex and scans the pogeymon.

"Groop, move forward three spaces and use MUD-SLAP!"
Clifton scans the blob thing, naturally.

"Calloway, you just, um... sit there and Thundershock that amoeba, I guess."
Tori is irritated by this development, but almost-customarily scans her opponent.

"I can get on and fight Wisp once I'm through with you, right?"

The trainer probably begin to argue that she could've challenged Wisp straight away, but she cuts it off by ordering Nat to use Pursuit.
YES

THIS PLEASES STURM

YOU HAVE DONE WELL, HORSE.

Sturm makes a quick stop at the Pokemon Center and heads to the gym. That was a pretty quick training montage, all things considered.

Sleipnir leveled up!
SpoilerShow
Marc scans the blob.