Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 1.0
RE: Post making contest
oh no i played too much wow yesterday and missed 10 entire pages jesus you guys
one hunDDreDD percent Sruix's fault
Yeah, I like this thread and enjoy watching it, but that's a big part of the reason I can't really participate much. That, and I am super bad at puzzles holy shit
(05-02-2016, 06:39 AM)Schazer Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 06:36 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:53 AM)Schazer Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:42 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »What if I was to say "Buckle Up Mother Fuckers!"?

This thread is killing me, so with my dying breath I shall declare:

"Fuckle Mupp, Buther Uckers"

Plagiarism.

Pelagic rims

Peal garlic rimmmiiss

Fucker, Lee, rumpus, both or ochre

This post breaks rules 2, 3, 4, and 5.

(05-02-2016, 06:39 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is test #6.

I AM GOING TO BED.

End of message.

This post breaks every rule!

(05-02-2016, 06:42 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »Maybe it's an absence of something? Or maybe a presence of many things. Who can tell!

@#$%^&*()_+-= 811

(05-02-2016, 06:44 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 06:25 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 04:58 AM)Robust Laser Wrote: »
Should I "Buckle Up, [Image: bOUYlpg.gif]?"

This is test #6.

I AM GOING TO BED.

End of message.

This post breaks rules 2, 3, and 4.

(05-02-2016, 07:06 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:42 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »What if I was to say "Buckle Up Mother Fuckers!"?

This thread is killing me, so with my dying breath I shall declare:

[Image: xX8JZj.gif]

This post breaks rules 2 and 3.

(05-02-2016, 07:14 AM)Wheat Wrote: »rULE tHREE iS,
yOU mUST pOST iN yOUR tROLL qUIRK,
aLSO,
iT mUST bE sT. bATRRICK'S dAY,

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, and 5.

(05-02-2016, 07:35 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »[Image: sadgreg_zpsk60l5wtw.png]

this is bounDD to suceeDD in passing rule three

(05-02-2016, 01:31 PM)Crowstone Wrote: »oh no i played too much wow yesterday and missed 10 entire pages jesus you guys

(05-02-2016, 02:57 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »one hunDDreDD percent Sruix's fault

(05-02-2016, 03:59 PM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »Yeah, I like this thread and enjoy watching it, but that's a big part of the reason I can't really participate much. That, and I am super bad at puzzles holy shit

So what are the different categories of rules?

For instance, we have "simple inclusive rules": These are rules that require something to be present in a post, and only rely on the items inside of a post.

Copying a post that passes with a simple inclusive rule will always pass that rule.

Conversely we have "simple exclusive rules": These are rules that prohibit something to be present in a post, and only rely on items in the post.

Copying a post that breaks a simple exclusive rule will always break that rule.

What do you guys think? Are any of Akumu's rules simple exclusive or simple inclusive? How would you categorize some of the other possible rules?
(05-02-2016, 05:23 PM)btp Wrote: »So what are the different categories of rules?

For instance, we have "simple inclusive rules": These are rules that require something to be present in a post, and only rely on the items inside of a post.

Copying a post that passes with a simple inclusive rule will always pass that rule.

Conversely we have "simple exclusive rules": These are rules that prohibit something to be present in a post, and only rely on items in the post.

Copying a post that breaks a simple exclusive rule will always break that rule.

What do you guys think? Are any of Akumu's rules simple exclusive or simple inclusive? How would you categorize some of the other possible rules?

This post breaks every rule!!
(05-02-2016, 05:23 PM)btp Wrote: »"What do you guys think? Are any of Akumu's rules simple exclusive or simple inclusive? How would you categorize some of the other possible rules?"

"1 and 5 seem to be simple inclusive, and I'm pretty sure this post will pass them."

[Image: uqn008S.gif?dateline=1365454420]

"At a glance 4 seems to be simple exclusive, as blank posts pass it. However, combining posts that pass it has produced posts that don't; see Fact Seagull BUDDY."

"We had a theory on 2 that would be simple inclusive but it isn't working consistently."

"Another rule type is counting rules, which count something in the post and requires that count to meet some condition. Rules which require a count GREATER THAN a number are also simple inclusive; rules which require a count LESS THAN a number are simple exclusive. However, there are rules which have both GREATER THAN and LESS THAN requirements, which do not cleanly fit into either category. Additionally, there can be more complex counting-based rules, such as 'the number of e's in the post must be a prime number', which is not a simple greater than/less than comparison."

"And then, of course, there are meta rules which take into account the fact that this takes place on a forum. We have seen plenty of examples. Or perhaps the forum-specific rules should be considered separately from rules about rules? I'm not sure offhand."
(05-02-2016, 05:42 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:23 PM)btp Wrote: »"What do you guys think? Are any of Akumu's rules simple exclusive or simple inclusive? How would you categorize some of the other possible rules?"

"1 and 5 seem to be simple inclusive, and I'm pretty sure this post will pass them."

"At a glance 4 seems to be simple exclusive, as blank posts pass it. However, combining posts that pass it has produced posts that don't; see Fact Seagull BUDDY."

"We had a theory on 2 that would be simple inclusive but it isn't working consistently."

"Another rule type is counting rules, which count something in the post and requires that count to meet some condition. Rules which require a count GREATER THAN a number are also simple inclusive; rules which require a count LESS THAN a number are simple exclusive. However, there are rules which have both GREATER THAN and LESS THAN requirements, which do not cleanly fit into either category. Additionally, there can be more complex counting-based rules, such as 'the number of e's in the post must be a prime number', which is not a simple greater than/less than comparison."

"And then, of course, there are meta rules which take into account the fact that this takes place on a forum. We have seen plenty of examples. Or perhaps the forum-specific rules should be considered separately from rules about rules? I'm not sure offhand."

This post breaks rule 4. Duckreport That's right, this is the first post to pass rule 3! Drudgerepond
(05-02-2016, 05:46 PM)Akumu Wrote: »

"This post breaks rule 4. Duckreport That's right, this is the first post to pass rule 3! Drudgerepond"
(05-02-2016, 06:43 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »

"This post breaks rule 4. Duckreport That's right, this is the first post to pass rule 3! Drudgerepond"

(05-02-2016, 06:48 PM)Akumu Wrote: »

"I don't understand anything any more."

"At a glance 4 seems to be simple exclusive, as blank posts pass it. However, combining posts that pass it has produced posts that don't."

Categories:
  • Simple Rules [inclusive and exclusive]
  • Counting rules [greater than, less than, ranged continuous, ranged sporadic]
  • Post specific rules [Post contextual, thread contextual]
  • Self-referential rules

Post specific rules are rules that take into account things that are not within the poster's immediate control. Post contextual are things within a user's post like, post number, username, date/time stamps. Thread contextual are rules that take into account aspects of posts outside of the post being evaluated: the post before this one, the first post on the page, etc.

Self-referential rules are those that reference the ruleset itself. Rules are self-referential if their condition is dependent on the outcome of other rules. Non-self-referential rules are all evaluated independently of each other. Things like rule 3 is only broken if rule five is broken and x happens. DF's "post a zero if you don't break any rules." is an example of this, and one that can be difficult to identify.

Of course, the follow up for this is to see if we can come up with a reliable litmus test for each of these categories.
(05-02-2016, 06:50 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 06:48 PM)Akumu Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:42 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »"1 and 5 seem to be simple inclusive, and I'm pretty sure this post will pass them."

"I don't understand anything any more."

This post breaks rules 3 and 4.

(05-02-2016, 06:52 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »

"At a glance 4 seems to be simple exclusive, as blank posts pass it. However, combining posts that pass it has produced posts that don't."

This post breaks rule 4.

(05-02-2016, 07:01 PM)btp Wrote: »Categories:
  • Simple Rules [inclusive and exclusive]
  • Counting rules [greater than, less than, ranged continuous, ranged sporadic]
  • Post specific rules [Post contextual, thread contextual]
  • Self-referential rules

Post specific rules are rules that take into account things that are not within the poster's immediate control. Post contextual are things within a user's post like, post number, username, date/time stamps. Thread contextual are rules that take into account aspects of posts outside of the post being evaluated: the post before this one, the first post on the page, etc.

Self-referential rules are those that reference the ruleset itself. Rules are self-referential if their condition is dependent on the outcome of other rules. Non-self-referential rules are all evaluated independently of each other. Things like rule 3 is only broken if rule five is broken and x happens. DF's "post a zero if you don't break any rules." is an example of this, and one that can be difficult to identify.

Of course, the follow up for this is to see if we can come up with a reliable litmus test for each of these categories.

(05-02-2016, 05:42 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »"What if I was to say Buckle Up Mother Fuckers!?"

"This thread is killing me, so with my dying breath I shall declare:"

"goDD DDamnit aks"
(05-02-2016, 07:42 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:42 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »"What if I was to say Buckle Up Mother Fuckers!?"

"This thread is killing me, so with my dying breath I shall declare:"

"goDD DDamnit aks"

I also have to say that I am very worried about what kind of troll would have the typing quirk you are affecting.
(05-02-2016, 06:10 AM)Schazer Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:57 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »"I "can't believe" Sruix is the new Sol"

"Team Protect Sruix™"

"xazhaf was fine it was her towering multititted lusus that got the threaDD lockeDD"
(05-02-2016, 08:01 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 06:10 AM)Schazer Wrote: »
(05-02-2016, 05:57 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »"I "can't believe" Sruix is the new Sol"

"Team Protect Sruix™"

"xazhaf was fine it was her towering multititted lusus that got the threaDD lockeDD"

this is DDiscrimination i am outrageDD
(05-02-2016, 08:37 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »this is DDiscrimination i am outrageDD

This post breaks every rule under what I guarantee you are the same conditions as everyone else.

(05-02-2016, 08:44 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »

This post breaks rule 4.
You must be registered to view this content.

This post breaks every rule! Also, I don't think that updates continuously, as this thread is into the 1700s in replies already.
You must be registered to view this content.