Superego

Superego
RE: Superego
> Just say whatever. Who cares if you say something weird to him? After you get out of here you're gonna try to never see him again, after all.
>Is there anything I can do to fix this mess?
>Just say whatever. Who cares if you say something weird to him? After you get out of here you're gonna try to never see him again, after all.

[Image: 2104.gif]

OKAY HERE GOES

>"So what else is supposed to be down here?"

[Image: 2105.gif]

"Oh, just a cafeteria, a records room, staff rooms, you know...for believability's sake. Sorry, I bet you expected something exciting."

>"What are your thoughts about the state of this run?"

[Image: 2106.gif]

"It's been quite interesting."
"Interesting...?"
"I mean, of course it's gone too far at this point. Why else are we down here? But I'm going to get some valuable data out of this, no doubt about it."
"If this thing even survives, you mean!"

>"So, what do we do if there's something in the way?"

[Image: 2107.gif]

"What if the switch is all bugged out? Huh?"
"I...suppose we'll have to call everyone down here and we can all try to brute force our way out, possibly using the remaining administrative controls."
"You have other controls? Why don't you use them?"
"They're strictly last resort. It's too dangerous to try and edit a simulation while it's live and people are inside it. I'd rather try all other options first."
"And what if THOSE are unusable??"
"I...don't know."
"Gee, thanks, doc!"
[Image: sig10.gif]
> Sam: "What do these letters here stand for?"

> Grey: "We'll just have to hope for the best, here. I understand it's not very easy for you, Mr. Herbert."
Avatar by ribsgrowback on tumblr!
>open command console, type "Godmode" or "noclip" see what happens

>ask if grey has one of those other versions like everyone else
So what kind of controls are we talking? Noclip mode? Infinite ammo? Big Heads On?
~◕ w◕~
My hunch is that if we can do cheats, Grey's shadow will be able to access any that we turn on. We should be careful with those.

Or thoroughly careless for the sake of making the confrontation more dramatic, that's always an option too.
>"So do you have one of those doppelgangers?"
> Try not to fret about your mind being trapped in this simulation until your body like, starves, or something.

> Suddenly: Be Helen.
... actually nah, it's too early to do an inconvenient scene change. probably.

Inquiring about the letters might work though. Hmm... reminds me that Cherry had that clipboard that mentioned IPS? I think? Wonder if she still has it.
You must be registered to view this content.
it's Superego's fifth birthday!! unfortunately I don't have a silly picture for it this time--it kind of only hit me right as I'm posting this! everything sappy I have to say I've already said before, but, five years! wow!!

those years went by fast, huh? not much further left to go, now.

>Sam: "What do these letters here stand for?"

[Image: 2108.gif]

"IPS stands for 'Integrated Psychological System.' That's the full name of the virtual reality program."
"There's also PTP, which is 'Personalized Test Piece,' a.k.a. your individual rooms."
"Finally, SRU is 'Subconscious Retainment Unit.' Below this room is where the shadows were supposed to be housed at the beginning of the sim."

[Image: 2109.gif]

"But you and they were very much out and about when I awoke...That's perhaps the biggest discrepancy between this session and how it was supposed to go."
"Oh, I, er, uhhhh..."
"Ideally, I would've woken first, come down here, made sure everything was set, and then let them out, waiting for everyone to wake up after me."

>ask if grey has one of those other versions like everyone else

[Image: 2110.gif]

Instead of voicing your newfound fears that you perhaps ruined everything, you ask this instead:

"So, do you have a shadow?"

[Image: 2111.gif]

"No. Why would I? I'm the therapist in this scenario, not a client."
"I guess it was a silly question..."

[Image: 2112.gif]

"Let's see here..."
Ask what the numbers on y'all's hands mean.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
I don't have a suggestion but I gotta say, I love Grey's thoughtbubble style to bits. Helen's glasses being opaque there is a nice touch.

And I'm sure the good doctor's reassurance has settled the matter once and for all, and there will most definitely not be a frightening surprise in store for him.
Avatar by ribsgrowback on tumblr!
it's ok sam, it was clearly already messed up, you only made it way worse. nbd
> Grey: Be absolutely, positively confident that you don't have a shadow thing.
> Plot: Flex irony.

More seriously:
> "Can you see anything in that mess?" (The screens)
>Ask what the numbers on y'all's hands mean.

[Image: 2113.gif]

"Ah, those...are just a random game construct. Since you weren't supposed to remember the true purpose of the simulation, there had to be something else to bring you all together and get you talking. Something consistent, to unite you."
"Are you kidding me?! I was worried we were labelled for experimentation or something!"
"Hah. Perhaps it worked a little too well?"

>"Can you see anything in that mess?"

[Image: 2114.gif]

"No. If I were to guess, it seems the whole map is destabilizing. It's worse than I thought."
"We have to move quickly. Find the switch before we potentially lose it."

[Image: 2115.gif]

"Wait, it's not in here?"
"Why would I put all the administrative controls in one place?"
"Because...that makes sense??"
"I can't risk someone coming across the room and then ruining everything mid-session."

[Image: 2116.gif]

"Maybe program a lock next time!"
"Hey!!"
"Wait for me...!"
>do the action movie thing where the bridge is crumbling behind them but they are just fast enough to stay ahead of it

>why arent these rooms locked or something to keep out everyone but the admin??
> Be suspicious of Grey. These answers seem a little off.
Slip and fall into nothiness
>Be suspicious of Grey. These answers seem a little off.

[Image: 2117.gif]

You've never trusted himt3o*B^eG0(&+in((03*1#-1=!=0&w$$!$(#+IIii-@#$@@=+0!HH

[Image: 2118.gif]

[Image: 2119.gif]

[Image: 2120.gif]

"I still don't know what to do."
Stop crying, first of all.
Thaaaaat is a weirdly specific mix of colors right there. I wonder if there's a meaning to that...? Sam, Juliet, Louis, Rick, and Helen? What do they have in common, that Percy, Ava, Cherry, Quin, and Grey don't?

it better not be "these are the ones who are going to be dead by the time the story's up" because Hoo Boy

>Helen: This is all too much! Have a sit down.