The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
okay so my government class decided that they were all going to get together at a coffeehouse to cram for the upcoming final. this is an official, sanctioned thing and the teach was going to be there and he's been pushing us to go for the past week, right up to friday. 11 pm, saturday. i get up at 7, shower, wash my clothes, get all ready to go and leave a half-hour early. i bike for 40 minutes because my parents are fishing. it's awful. when i get there i'm 9 minutes late. nobody else is there. the coffeehouse guy says nobody is there. maybe it's the wrong coffeehouse? nope, i ask around: definitively could have only been this coffeehouse. so i leave and go to the school in the hopes that [???]. turns out there's a plant sale, so i go and i luck out. one of the ladies running the plant sale has a daughter in the same class so she calls her up and asks her what's going down. turns out,

they cancelled it to go watch c-span and notified everybody but me.

i

am

pissed

I

AM

PISSED
So at the start of the year i had an option between going to the teacher i had last year and essentially taking the same class twice or going to A NEW CLASS with a new teacher
time and time again i have seen that this was a big fucking mistake

so
i fucked up
I am not going to lie that I forgot to bring this big ass stupid DO THIS OR FAIL THE NINE WEEKS project USB to school this morning
i could not turn in this stupid thing because it was due at the end of the day and i had literally no way of getting this shit
i spent the day pretty fucking pissed but hey, it is literally impossible for me to fail the class for the year so who cares

Well yea i guess that the teacher does, that's a given
She called my mom about it, which is acceptable given that I didn't turn in a project that she had devoted the entire fucking 4th nine weeks into.
What is not acceptable is exaggerating it. Just like with the fucking shit a few posts ago about the whole "sleeping" this fucking teacher goes and tells my mom that I am going to lower my entire GPA JUST BECAUSE MY GRADE ON THE REPORT CARD IS B B B F/D INSTEAD OF B B B [C/B]
SHE LIED TO MY MOM ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS SHITTY PROJECT THAT SHE ASSIGNED TO BE DUE IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE OF AP TESTING
I am baffled at this woman just baffled

I would be okay with this and not angry at all if she didn't go and tell my mom that i fucked NEEDED to do this project OR ELSE
WHEN SHE IS GIVING NO FUCKING ALTERNATIVES
THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING I CAN DO TO GET THOSE GRADES BACK
Now my mom wants me to get Grades that don't really matter that i can't get from fucking no where and she is going to be Very Cross at me because how could her son not do a stupid project that he had so much time for that was BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

god
i hate this
fuck this
she called my dad
why the fuck did she call my dad
fuck
her
Shitty teachers

i hate 'em too.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Got ripped a new one on my Behavioural Ecology field trip report.

Got a 202 report due tomorrow. Haven't started.
What is wrong with my heart?
Apparently you shouldn't leave software projects until the last night

also i seem to have lost the ability to pull all nighters

where is my goddamn coffee
So $2000 in financial aid never came in. My mom ended up paying the difference, plus $300 in interest so that I can register for next year. She probably won't have a job come August, and with her job goes our insurance, and with all our health problems and house that's falling apart, we really can't afford this.
Beep Beep
Oh no :<

i hope things get better for you and your family, Noggles.
Thanks, Ed. I'm sure they will. I'm just hoping things work themselves out soon.
Beep Beep
Aaaaaaugh

aaaaaaaaaaugh

graaaaaugh

Eat a bag of dicks, laptop

Eat a bag of dicks, each with a helpful reminder to fucking tell me if the battery's about to die
before the battery dies

There goes forty minutes' drawing :I
nothing i do is right

it feels wrong, when it is wrought by my hands

it doesn't fit

i don't fit
translation: my mother called me today to berate me about...wellll...everything ;-;

also i am a people pleaser and i cannot please her
Man, there's a lot of things i should be glad about but i just can't bring myself to feel at least a little happy, the guilt just makes it worse.

Why is it always so hard to stand up everyday? :<
Ed, I really hope you know that you can always talk to this community – and me in particular – if you ever need help getting through the day or even just need to talk some time. Or even if you just need someone to chill with while ignoring how much you'd rather just go sleep somewhere for forty straight hours.

Living with depression is hard, especially if you don't have access to resources to help you, and anyone on this board (especially you Minion) can always come talk to me. Even if you don't feel like you know me very well or feel like you'd just be a burden on me (spoiler: you won't). PM me, IRC me, AIM me. I'm down.
Thanks, Ben. I know i can always count on you guys (specially youMinion).

You already know how much i appreciate your disposition to listen (i appreciate it a lot in case you forgot). Please don't feel offended (i know you won't) if i never approach you specifically to talk about life issues because it's not a thing i'm used to.

I'm already feeling a little better, i just needed to spend time alone and i think i will feel even better after i get some goddamn sleep.

Dear [_]
In the future, when someone tells you to stop doing something, how about you just don't fucking do it, okay? Is that really so fucking hard? Is displeasing people that fucking worth it? Really? No matter what? Really? After days of this? Fuck you.
(06-14-2012, 02:31 AM)Solaris Wrote: »Dear [_]
In the future, when someone tells you to stop doing something, how about you just don't fucking do it, okay? Is that really so fucking hard? Is displeasing people that fucking worth it? Really? No matter what? Really? After days of this? Fuck you.

the fill-in-the-blank here makes me take this really personally. :(

Me too! Solaris, whatever it was I did, I'm sorry! I hope we can still be friends!
Rummaged in fridge for something to eat, found tub of possibly left-over mashed potatoes.

"Oh maybe I'll eat this" I said pulling the medium sized tub towards me.

On the top, in sharpie, it was labeled: RANCH

...i considered going through with it
I have a negative balance on a debit card.

How the fuck did that happen? I thought this was the point of debit cards: shit like this doesn't occur. It is simply not a thing.

Have I missed something or has somebody fucked up? Is it both and the person is me? Are they going to start charging interest? I have no idea what's going on.
Is the debit card the only thing connected to that account or could something else have been draining it?
What happened was that I had a £1.50 or so left on my card, and I thought I'd put forward a dollar for the Humble Indie Bundle. Only it transpires that there was also an overseas transaction charge that I didn't notice. Normally I don't worry about this sort of thing because I assumed that if I couldn't pay for anything then the transaction would be stopped, and it went through fine. Only I guess the $1 was taken out first and then when the overseas charge was applied I couldn't afford it but they couldn't not charge me?

I think I've been too trusting of how this sort of thing is handled. I'm more worried about interest on the debt, (if that's going to be a thing???) and although that should be reasonably low, I won't have the money to deal with this for another two weeks. Although I don't need money for anything in between now and then, so it could be a lot worse.

So not a big deal, and not really swear-worthy, just bloody awkward and kind of irritating.
I've had negative account balances frequently. Basically there are certain transactions that your bank can't easily screen or deny. Things like automatic online payments tend to fall under this category. Depending on your bank, you may get charged some fees. For me, if the charge is large enough I'll get charged a $36 overdraft fee for each transaction that went over my limit.

Used to, they'd tack on an extra $6 per day that my account was in the negative. Some banks still do that, so you'll have to just wait and see what your bank's overdraft fees are. Also try to bring it back up asap, in case they charge money for each day it's overdrawn.
Damn. That sounds a lot worse than what I was envisioning. Thanks for the warning.

I guess I'll have to sort this out tomorrow.

EDIT: As far as I can see, with my account and being under 18 I miss out on most charges relating to this sort of thing. Might not be too horrendous.
My parents are making my sister clean her room. It's really amazing how much of my missing stuff turned up. :'D

Beep Beep