is homestuck the new homestuck?

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
is homestuck the new homestuck?
RE: is homestuck the new homestuck?
I liked Moh Tzu
I didn't at the time, but I was also a gnarled hategoblin, so who knows. What makes you think of him? Nothing that's been said can I see a connection to.
I thought maybe he was one of those people SB was meant to quarantine

I don't think I was paying that much attention to MSPAF politics at the time

Bring back LF
I remember not liking quite a few people, but I also remember being an asshole who lived with his parents.

I mean, spoiler but you can probably guess, but now I'm just an asshole
no, assholes only expel things. kirby consumes, too.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I hated the one piece reindeer and i still hate it now

I'd probably still hate a bunch of people because i didn't grow up at all.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
To me at least, Moh Tzu wasn't a particularly big part of why we wanted to restructure; it was more the group he was peripheral to that was disrupting whatever it was we thought was ideal for the community. I think he was a higher priority for some of the other modmins, but I remember all of this so vaguely anymore I can't really say. Half of this could be confabulation. Or more!

God, I was a real shithead.
all of those fuckers were mean to me so fuck them all lol
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
The person who went by Moh on MSPAF is a woman, by the way; feminine pronouns!
(02-02-2016, 08:34 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »To me at least, Moh Tzu wasn't a particularly big part of why we wanted to restructure; it was more the group he was peripheral to that was disrupting whatever it was we thought was ideal for the community. I think he was a higher priority for some of the other modmins, but I remember all of this so vaguely anymore I can't really say. Half of this could be confabulation. Or more!

God, I was a real shithead.

Aw, I liked you then too, Slorange! We had good times judging adventures and stuff and I don't recall you being more of a shithead than anyone else!
Well, like

I like you! Even shitheads have friends they're not shitty to. I just used to (still do sometimes, but less. Always gotta be trying to grow as a person) turn into a real bully if I had any kind of perceived power or place from which I can be like that without reprisal. I am embarrassed about a lot of my behavior in the past, but it's not something that consumes me anymore; I'm just trying to acknowledge my faults, because minimizing or justifying them makes it hard to improve. I'm sure there are people in this community who have negative opinions of me because of how I've treated them in the past, and they're not wrong to do so but I also don't have to be upset about that; I own what I did and said, but it's not who I am or am trying to be anymore. Their feelings are valid, and while I don't feel the need to prove to them that I'm different now, I think the best way to respect that is to make sure I don't do it to anyone anymore.

I guess what I'm saying is that when I say I was a shithead, I don't mean a categorically bad person, or necessarily even mostly or inherently shitheaded, just that I engaged in a lot more shithead behaviors than I feel I do now. It also means that I'm a lot more inclined not to exercise the pettier, more elitist, or crueler aspects of my personality anymore, which makes past me a shithead by comparison.

Typing it out like this makes me suspect that even positively-used negative self-talk may not be the best way to make the changes I want in myself, but the intention wasn't so much self-denigration as continued cognizance of how I have to not act now and in the future. We're all always altering our mental toolkit, and this may be time to reexamine this particular tool.

[I had no idea Moh was a woman. I think that the last time I became aware of her, it was when she posted something on the MSPAF about beginning to identify as a gay man, but a) that was a very long time ago and b) it got to a point where there were a handful of posters whose posts I didn't read unless I had to because I could never figure out how sincere or ironic they were being at any given time, and I think Moh got lumped in with that. I'll have to be more respectful of her identity]
Does anyone remember what's going on? Is our memories of how "good" Homestuck was the new Homestuck?
Sig:
SpoilerShow
thanks

Sig:
SpoilerShow
A bunch of children have to out spook a spooky skeleton that's about all I know.
(03-29-2016, 02:41 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Don Squireston, the bridge demon, was about to plunder the troll Mumbey Munkle's collection of 90s topp's baseball cards to merge them with the energy tiara, but the forces of vriska3 were gathered at the Last Gate of the Furthest Depths to repel them. John meanwhile was trying to open their sylladex.

It's been so long since I paid any attention to Homestuck that for all I know this could be 100 percent serious.

Well, except the line about John's sylladex. Neither John nor the sylladex system have been relevant in a long time.
You must be registered to view this content.
Yes it was confusing and kinda unsatisfying.

SO A PERFECT ENDING TO HOMESTUCK AMIRITE GUYS?

[Image: latest?cb=20160302224535]
i have no idea what i'm looking at wrt the update
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Can you really call that an ending if it didn't actually resolve anything though?
There's a lot to be said about the ending but the most glaring thing was that it's like 95% fancy animation stuff and 5% actual resolution.

It wasn't really the right time to "show off" and now, instead of being impressed by the animation, we're left with a bad taste in our mouth at the lack of any relevant events. Story of Homestuck I guess.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I thought the way the kids stories got wrapped up was fine. Extremely underwhelming and predictable, but fine. The Lord English dream bubble stuff on the other hand continues to just be pointless and confusing though. At least the animation was good.

SpoilerShow
tbf they were all dead already
i laughed at the giant THANKS FOR PLAYING rotating around the sun
(04-13-2016, 01:47 PM)Coldblooded Wrote: »Can you really call that an ending if it didn't actually resolve anything though?

THAT'S WHAT THE SEQUEL'S FOR

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Are sweet text gradients the new homestuck?