Freak of Nature - Void

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freak of Nature - Void
Freak of Nature - Void
The endless void lies in front of you, and it looks like... nothing. No colors, shapes, or anything. It's actually quite distressing and incredibly difficult to perceive. Your visual sense organs would have quite the breakdown, if it wasn't for the fact they didn't exist.

In fact, you don't quite exist yet. That's probably more distressing than the void, really.

You should probably get onto that, really.

A good first question to ask yourself would be... what kind of animal are you?

A name would be good, too. Possibly a diet? Wouldn't want to go hungry now, would you?

SpoilerShow
i'm a rad teen, confirmed good dog, and i try to do things sometimes.
SpoilerShow
RE: Freak of Nature - Void
Some variety of mineral and metal eating critter. Carnivores and Herbivores are so passé.
You spend most of your time underground.

Except during earthquakes. You instinctively head to the surface when those happen.
Maybe throw in some echolocation and a strong sense of smell.

Don't need very good eyes down here in the dark.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
I actually think this mineral/rock/metal eating thing is pretty cool. I imagine some sort of... worm.. mole... thing. Hm. A name for the species, or the individual? Because I'm really partial to Ralph and I'm not really partial to which it's used for. ' <'
(07-03-2017, 07:22 AM)NotABear Wrote: »I actually think this mineral/rock/metal eating thing is pretty cool. I imagine some sort of... worm.. mole... thing. Hm. A name for the species, or the individual? Because I'm really partial to Ralph and I'm not really partial to which it's used for. ' <'

> Be called Ralphites.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
(07-03-2017, 07:54 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »
(07-03-2017, 07:22 AM)NotABear Wrote: »I actually think this mineral/rock/metal eating thing is pretty cool. I imagine some sort of... worm.. mole... thing. Hm. A name for the species, or the individual? Because I'm really partial to Ralph and I'm not really partial to which it's used for. ' <'

> Be called Ralphites.

Good
After some deliberation, you decide on your choices.

You are a lithotroph, and consume rocks and minerals through your oral pore to survive.

Your primary habitat is underground, although you venture out onto the surface in dire circumstances.

You do not possess eyes, but instead have an incredible sense of smell, with pores all over your body that enable you to smell everything around you.
You can also use echolocation to navigate your surroundings, although your hearing isn't great.

Finally, you are a worm-like creature with a cross-shaped protrusion which is the only such thing on your smooth, porous body.

((gif))Show

Now that you have a physical form, you choose your name... Ralph. Plural being Ralphites. Plural? Of course. You're not the only one. Now, go join the rest of your wriggly brethren.

trait SheetShow

And, with that, you are sent off into the world. You plummet through the air, and fall flat on your face. You seem to be in a cave. Who knows how that worked. Obviously you cannot see anything as you have no eyes, but screeching a bit shows some fellow Ralphites writhing along, and tunnels ahead and behind you. You also spy a few undiscernable objects, such as some long, detailed structures? You're a lil' hungry for rocks, though. Sniffin' around provides leads to rocks in the tunnel ahead, and possibly in the long structures.
i'm a rad teen, confirmed good dog, and i try to do things sometimes.
SpoilerShow
Without food, you will be unable to gain higher functions! Food. Food food food food food food food. Whichever is closer. It's time to be simple, make mistakes, and possibly have to try again as a new ralphite! ' <' (Tunnel Ahead?)
them thar structures probably not going anywhere any time soon.
So lets follow the other ralphites, maybe they know where food is.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Go in search of the rocks in the Long, Detailed structures. You're a Strong independent Ralphite who don't need no Ralph
Call to your brethren to join together and combine efforts to amass a food stockpile
Actually aim to take it all and become the High Ralph, the being foretold in legend as having all the food.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck