Kaplin Highschool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaplin Highschool
Kaplin Highschool
This is Kaplin High School.

[Image: Kaplin_zpsxcawaole.png]

It is on the brink of collapse.

The school royalty has grown fat and corrupt. All titles are carefully controlled by a shadow group of the school's most elite. There has been no election for a prom king in living memory.

Every clique is divided and feud among one another. Rivalries and infighting keep the cliques weak. Rebellion is easily quelled. There has been no real threat to the monarchy for over a decade.

All the while, Kaplin's rivals, North Kaplin Highschool, grow in power and influence, and seem to be preparing for war.

One hope remains for Kaplin, an ancient prophecy, scratched into a bathroom wall, tells of a individual student, who will transcend their class status, unite the cliques, and bring about a golden age for Kaplin High.

The tenability of the prophecy is shaky at best, and Kaplin has yet to see this mystical student.

None of that matters right now. There are school forms that need filling. Please fill out the blank lines.

Kaplin Highschool Registration Form

Name: ____________________

Grade: 9

Classes: Classes in italics are required

US History
Alegebra I
Biology
English

Medical Conditions: No

Allergies: ___________________

SpoilerShow
RE: Kaplin Highschool
>Name: Stacey Sigpryor

>Allergic to: bees, hopseed, corn, peanuts and polyester

>One of your classes is Ham Economics, your mom thought she was signing you up for Home Economics and didn't find out until it was far to late.
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
Name: Ed Uventure
Classes: Ham Economics, Outdoor Education
Allergies: Bullshit

SpoilerShow
Your name is Capac Riami. You don't have time for any extra classes, only your prerequisites. You're too busy being awesome. You're allergic to uncool fools, school rules, complete tools, and shellfish. If you eat shellfish, you will die.
(11-06-2016, 09:33 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Name: Ed Uventure
Classes: Ham Economics, Outdoor Education
Allergies: Bullshit

SpoilerShow

2nding this one.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
We definitely need Ham Ec. Let's do that one.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
In addition to Ham Economics and Outdoor Education, Ed is also taking Interpretive Dance and Beginning Protagonism.
>Chosen 101
(11-08-2016, 01:42 AM)Wichtel Wrote: »In addition to Ham Economics and Outdoor Education, Ed is also taking Interpretive Dance and Beginning Protagonism.

I second this but only if we have a name other than the one I suggested because it was a dumb reference and I'd feel bad if it actually became canon
You must be registered to view this content.
Kam Korsley

Ham Economics, Gym, politics
One day the halls of Kaplin will ring with one name.
On that day, armies will rise.
Monarchs will fall.
And Kaplin will never be the same.

Today is not that day. Today, a young man stands in a school hallway reading his class schedule. This is his first day of high school.

[Image: EdUventure_zpsjzpls37r.png]

Welcome to Kaplin High Ed Sigpryor .

Your class schedule is as follows:

Outdoor Education----------TH4
English------------------------H15
Algebra I----------------------R14
Interpretive Dance-----------TH20
US History---------------------H12
Beginning Protagonism------H15
Biology------------------------R15
Ham Economics
--------------R11

All classroom locations can be found on the map on the second sheet.

There is no second sheet. Fortunately, Ed is already in the TH building. He finds his first class with no problem.

The first bell rings as he enters the classroom.

[Image: OutdoorEducation_zpsl4gsioxd.gif]

The students mill around uncomfortably, waiting for the teacher to speak. When he does, it's in an apathetic monotone.

"Alright, so this is outdoor education. We'll be learning about plants and the outdoors and stuff. I don't know. We'll figure it out. Because of parent concerns about safety, we will no longer be teaching outdoor education outside. Yeah, once again, I don't know."

A wet, crumpled piece of paper hits Ed square in the back of the head. The teacher continues in his monotone.

"So I brought these plants into class today. I got this big one from the break room. I think it's pretty common. I don't really know. It's been there for a few years. This other one I snatched from the staff bathroom. It looks like one of those fancy Chinese plants. I think. Anyways I'm like forty percent it's fake, but I can't tell."

Another thick, wet wad of crumpled paper hits Ed. A high pitched, snorting giggle can be heard behind him.

"Actually, you know what, that can be your assignment today. Figure out whether or not these plants are real. You can write me a report about your findings, due next class. Anyways, uh, I've got stuff to do. So I don't know, just don't leave this class for the next two hours.

A third piece of wet, crumpled paper flies by Ed and hits a girl sitting next to him.

"You guys are dismissed when the bell rings."

And with that, the teacher leaves.
FOOD FIGHT
Go examine those plants.
> Steal the plants for yourself.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
examine the plants rub. rub a leaf curiously. Ignore paper wads at all costs. No need starting crap.
Establish plant realness before co-opting those wet wads as a handy mulch
> Pretend to not notice jerkwads, it's your first day and you don't need this.

> Rub the bark, if it's plastic you know it's fake.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Ignore the wet paper. We need to begin forming some alliances. Scan the room for anyone else that's being singled out.
>Follow that teacher! But secretly!
Time to examine some plants!
Ed pretends not to notice the wet paper thrown at him as he squats down behind the largest one.

[Image: EdBehindPlants_zpsrk4vuqhg.png]

Ed carefully rubs a leaf. It's dry and crumbles in his hand. A small card sticking out of the dirt names the plant as a Ficus.

Plant realness established!

Ficus Plants

Ficus trees extend far beyond the reaches of history.
Ficus trees are estimated to have been on earth for
60 to 80 million years.

Dww gaxagx lmm hcjxb eivj.

Key: FICUS

Nobody else seems interested in the plants. Ed quickly scans the class for potential allies. Some of the students have split into small groups around the edges of the room. Others stand by themselves, watching the other students suspiciously.

The girl hit with the third piece of wet paper meant for Ed is furiously seeking vengeance.

[Image: AngryGirl_zpsrcqis0mz.gif]

The other students are as uninterested in her as they are the plants.

None of the students or groups are openly hostile. Ed can approach anyone in the class. Everyone is a potential ally.
wield the ficus as a club
Your interests probably align with that vengeance-seeking girl. Help her find the paper-flinger.
> Approach the angry girl
> Speak only in bad puns
Talk to the angry girl! Keep a leaf. Ponder meaning of jibberish and "Key"?

EDIT: Did a bit of googling, found this decypher...er. Did some messing about with it:

SpoilerShow

Grab the paper balls that were thrown at you, just to be safe.