Finish Somebody Else's Adventure Contest! IT'S STARTED!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to Eagle Time's first adventure contest! Here's how this one's going to work.

Step 1: People sign up!
Step 2: Everyone who signs up makes the first update of an adventure.
Step 3: Now here's the fun part: The rest of the adventure will be made by another contestant, starting from your first update! This will be determined by random selection.
Step 4: After about two months, I grab some judges and we decide who did the best job of finishing somebody else's adventure.

If that wasn't clear, here's an example: Say Nopor Puss, Shenanigan Rex, Blaze Blob, and Man-Man entered the contest.

Then, we could have something like this:
-Man-Man makes the first update of an adventure. Shenanigan Rex continues from there!
-Shenanigan Rex's first update is continued by Nopor Puss.
-Nopor Puss' first update is continued by Blaze Blob.
-Blaze Blob's first update is continued by Man-Man.

As for the judging, well, you'll be judged on the following things.
-First, the overall quality of your opening update will be considered in the final judging. Give somebody else a good place to start, and you'll get credit for it!
-Second, how well the rest of the adventure stuck to the first update. Basically, if you suddenly shifted it into a completely different adventure, expect a penalty.
-Third: plot, art, writing, frequency of updates in some mishmash. The important thing is "is this a good adventure", and how much each of these individual points matter is something that we as the judges are likely to hammer out as we look the things over.
-Fourth: Expect a bonus if you actually finish the adventure by judging time; however, try not to just tack on an ending. We'll know if you do and you won't get a bonus for it. This is an incentive to try and pace the adventure so you can actually finish in about two months. I'm putting this in as a bit of an experiment, we'll see how it works out.

As for a prize: I'll get someone to provide fanart for the top three entries. (Possibly more depending on how many signups we get.)

I think that's all, if you have questions, go ahead and ask!

And now, signups. You can also volunteer to be a judge if you want.

1. Yoshi
2. Jacquerel
3. Chwoka
4. SleepingOrange
5. Ixcaliber

Judges:
-Dragon Fogel
-Ed
-NO ONE KNOWS

Adventures!
Monstrous - Started by SleepingOrange, to be updated by Jacquerel
Dereliction - Started by Jacquerel, to be updated by Chwoka
Pleasant Prison Planet - Started by Chwoka, to be updated by Yoshi
Sleepytime - Started by Yoshi, to be updated by Ixcaliber
Patrick Spaulding and the Land of Wonder - Started by Ixcaliber, to be updated by SleepingOrange
Re: Finish Somebody Else's Adventure Contest!
I'm now officially a judge and i offer myself to draw fanart and possibly make something with clay i guess, i can't ship it though so it would be just pictures but still! pictures of something real made just for you! isn't that attractive?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Man i like stuff like this but it's not like i'm not already in the middle of way too much shit.

UMMMMMMMMMMMM yeah i'll sign up i guess.
Last time I tried running two adventures at once I was not incredibly successful but
I can try again
Why not?

edit: I'm in if it weren't clear.
Don't let me do this

I'm doing it
I shouldn't, but I will.
All right, we've got five interested parties, that's cool.

I'll give this another day or so for other people to make up their minds on if they want in, and then I'll kick it off!
Re: Finish Somebody Else's Adventure Contest! LAST CALL!
Okay!

We have five entrants. I've gone ahead and randomized their order now. However, I won't be revealing that just yet so that none of you know who's going to be following up on your introductory update.

So! Each of you should go and get a nice, reasonably short but informative first update to a new adventure up, and indicate that it's part of the contest. I'd like to see all of those up in the next week so there's not too much delay.

Once they're all up, then I'll assign people to update those adventures, and then we see how it goes!

Good luck, everyone, and have fun!
Re: Finish Somebody Else's Adventure Contest! IT'S STARTED!
Okay here we go: Patrick Spaulding and the Land of Wonder.
And another one: Dereliction
Boop boop boop, here's mine.
Sorry it took so long.
/patiently waits for sleepingorange
Shutup I knooow

I am the worst I'm sorry

I'm posting it tonight, I just got distracted by some things

This is not my adventure
This is my adventure. Sorry for the holdup!
And now that I'm awake, it's time to make the assignments. Basically I put your names in a list on random.org and we're making a cycle based on that. The output was this:

Jacquerel
Chwoka
Yoshi
Ixcaliber
SleepingOrange

So what this means is:

Jacquerel will be updating Monstrous.
Chwoka will be updating Dereliction.
Yoshi will be updating Pleasant Prison Planet.
Ixcaliber will be updating Sleepytime.
SleepingOrange will be updating Patrick Spaulding and the Land of Wonder.[/quote].

Have fun!
Hey, uh, I'm thinking I'm just gonna drop out of this. Lots of personal shit has been going on recently and I'm really just not up for continuing this for two months. Sorry guys :v
Aw, I was looking forward to seeing what you did next!

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that, but good luck with things.