• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
RE: Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief
> Rex: Make faces of displeasure.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
Major: use your power.
Major: Your power allows you to make sure your gunshots are incapable of killing anyone or anything. Be a real jerk about how you think this makes it totally okay to traumatize a young woman.
If the Rex was on the other side of the glass, Major Lucille Hernandez was sure as hell not going to waste any time venting years of frustration at him. She began with the most snide tone she could muster, “You’re really going to treat me this way... sir?” The word ‘sir’ cast from the Major’s mouth like hot vitriol. “After all I’ve done for this organization, you're just going to lock me away over a minor disagreement! We killed five subjects trying to cause this kind of effect, and the whole time I could have done it without one fatality.”

“Efficiency is not my concern, Major! The prior subjects were accidents! You broke rank trying to murder a CHILD!”

“Oh please. You recruited me for this ability. The girl was never in any danger” When the Rex found Lucille, she was the top marksman in her class, but her ability extended beyond that. She never missed what she was aiming for. She could point her gun in the opposite direction and the ricochet would still hit her target. Under the Rex’s direction, Lucille Hernandez became one of the most deadly weapons the company had ever seen.

The Rex was not impressed with this appeal to reason. “Like she knew that! We need the girl to trust us or it’s all for nothing!”

She yelled back at him, “No, you WANT her to trust YOU. She means something to you, you’re not objective here. I saved us valuable time! You know what he could be doing at Arke with the moon. I couldn’t stand to watch another child die!” she grew silent. “If you ask me, she was in more danger with your methods than mine. ”

The Rex stared deep into her eyes through the glass. He did not speak. Without a word he turned around and left.

Some time passed. She had pulled off a button from her jacket, bouncing it off walls and catching it every time with uncanny precision. She passed the time for a while this way. It could have been 20 minutes, and it could have been hours, Lucile was unable to tell in her lock up.

The door opened. She assumed it was the Rex. “Back for more, sir?” Hernandez looked up. “O-oh!” She stood at attention. “General!”

“Don't call me that anymore” Said the half-alloian, his sharp silver eyes bristling with anger. He opened the cell door with the swipe of a key card. “You call me by my first name now, understood? And Jesus Christ will you please stand at ease?”

Hernandez was taken aback, the general had never talked to her like this before. “Uh yeah.. What are you doing here?”

“What does it look like? I'm breaking you out of here.”
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe
Soundtrack: Begin escape music
> "Nah."
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙