SpoilerShow
Re: Epic Clash Round 1 - Dungeon of the Crimson Fish
Originally posted on MSPA by Odinod.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by suomynonAyletamitlU.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Alice.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Alice Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Alice Wrote:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Babel.

SpoilerShow

Babel Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

suomynonAyletamitlU Wrote:
Babel Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by MyifanW.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by McBatman.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Eric was caught off guard for a moment- that wasn't the kind of question he'd expected, not by a long shot.

He blinked, straightened up a bit, and fixed his now-brown eyes on Spender. "An admirable sentiment," said Greg. "We do not fear death- it is merely the end of life. It is, of course, undesirable, but it is not something to be feared. Merely avoided. Life is-" He broke off, staring intently at the wall. "Life is..."

He looked at the other wall as well, then back at Spender. "Some say the rocks live in this cave. That may be truer than we were led to believe- there are several beings of stone heading towards us." He turned to look behind him, and when he turned back, he saw a wall of stone directly behind Spender.

"Look behind you- we are being walled in. We need to move. Immediately." Greg blinked, and Walt started moving back the way they had come, into a relatively open area, with tunnels branching off in nine other directions, one of which was the one he had started in.

Originally posted on MSPA by Lighing.

James heard someone or something moving on the ice, he followed the noise and found a lot of rocks. He wields his sword and slashes them to bits. "Haha that was only to sharpen my blade!" James picked up one of the rocks and started to sharpen his sword again, only this time his sword is black, nothing but black. He heard a noise come from behind him, he turned around to see some melted ice in a footstep shape, he followed them and it seemed that they weren't his. He found Thomas and Spender. He grinned and followed them unknowinly. He jumped in front of them stopping them from moving any further. "You know if you where running from the rocks they are gone. I would like to as if you guys would let me join your alliance? Or you aren't in one, just found each other and started running? If you where in an alliance I would be happy to join and behave, I promise I won't kill either of you." James stands there and awaits an answer.
Originally posted on MSPA by Odinod.

SpoilerShow

I'm not getting any warmer. This place is terrible. Who the hell kind of person would live here, anyway- Mr. Nothing tripped on a rock. He caught himself, just barely, with the help of a few flaps of his wings. He looked down at where the rock should have been and didn't see anything there. This place is giving me the willies...

He continued forward, trying to ignore the faint giggles he could hear coming from every direction. When he came to a split, which was often, he always took the leftmost path. That was the best way to get out of a maze, or so he remembered. I wonder when I'll see another- He stopped. There was a distant noise; an explosion. Then, soon after that, another blast, though this one sounded closer. The fighting's already started, I see.

Nothing rested one hand on his scythe (still collapsed), and crept forward more cautiously. The others, it seemed, were more violent than he had thought. Wait.

He grew very quiet and very still. He could hear the echoes of someone walking down the cave toward his location. From the sound of it, they were big. Nothing crouched down behind one of the bigger formations of rock and ice, hoping that it would serve well enough as cover. The person was getting closer...He unhooked his weapon from his belt and prepared to extend it. It's a last resort...it's a last resort. Only if he tries to get me first, only if-...what.

It was that girl, uh...Michelle? Yeah, that sounded right. She wasn't anywhere near gigantic, she was just stomping around with her goggles on. He watched her for a moment. What could she be doing? He supposed it didn't really matter; what was important for now was collecting information, staying out of sight. He crouched down back behind the rock, hoping she wouldn't see him. That gun she was packing looked like it could do some serious damage.

Originally posted on MSPA by Lighing.

Odinod Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Baphomet.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by McBatman.

"♫Tick-tock,tick-tock, hands continue round the clock. Keep on walking whilst I keep talking, the floor is letting me iiiiiin♫-wait, what?!"

Glere looked down at his feet as the cave floor suddenly began to give way as the old passageway collapsed beneath him. He clawed furiously at a rock jutting out of the wall, but was met with a rather harsh reality of its sudden retraction into the wall, coupled with a giddy laughter.

"I'm going doooooown, mayday! Mayday!" he whined as he fell with a thud, head first. The noise echoed disturbingly loud along the passageway.

CRASH.

He hated that noise. Lamented it, despised it, reviled it, did not like it one bit no sir no way no how. His bowl shattered into a thousand pieces on a hard rock. His headless body lay there motionless for a moment, the left leg twitching. Darkness... then a disembodied groan. He stood up, dusting off his clothes. Surprisingly, however, his cape still remained perfectly intact.

"Stupid stupid stupid! This whole passageway is stupid!"

He grumbled quietly as he rummaged around in his cloak, finally producing a... weathered skull from deep within the dark recesses of the folds of fabric. He placed it on his neck, gave it a quick twist. A disgusting popping noise filled the air as he cracked the jaw a few times.

"Like this? Or... this?" He tried making some expressions, but all of them were the same skeletal grimace. He grabbed the skull and gave it sickening SNAP, dislocating it from his neck and shoving it back into his cape. He rummaged deeper and pulled out a new fishbowl. He polished it with the edge of his cloak, before placing it on his head and spinning it around. It glimmered slightly in the dark passageway, as his familiar eyes and mouth reappeared on the glass.

"Ah, so familiar, so tantalizing, so friendly." He fiddled with its placement a few times before another sickening crack and pop filled the air, indicating it had successfully attached to his neck. Suddenly, he turned his gaze to his right. He could hear... footsteps.

Originally posted on MSPA by Wojjan.

The plan worked. Every treaty is bound to once fall, and drag along the people with it. It was perfect. She learned that long ago.
Asteira wasn't vexed by the sudden treaty, it just applied more possibilities. With a pen and piece of paper she started writing, desperate to hide her own font in the capital letters.
[font=Courier New]
MICHELLE

SPENDER AND THOMAS HAVE FORMAD A PACT.
JAMES IS POSSIBLY IN ON IT ASWELL.
WATCH OUT, THEY ARE POWERFUL.
IT WOULD BE BEST FOR BOTH OF US IF WE AIMED TO STOP THIS POWERFUL TEAM

- GLERE
Asteira didn't care about forgery, treason, and lying, so she might as well put those three to good use, she thought. The result, this letter, was to be proud of. She quickly slips the note somewhere near the already suspicious Michelle.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

"Alliance?" Spender looked a little taken aback for a moment. Then, he smiled, a little sadly. "My dear boy, I think you grossly misunderstand."

Thomas turned to look at him, now a little suspicious, but Spender went on, a little steel in his voice.

"Alliances happen in times of war, you see. They are nations trading on each others' strengths to protect that which they hold dear. They occur because one nation cannot raise enough of an army to stand against a threat. They are used to defend what you hold dear, in the face of unconquerable storms of blood and steel."

"What you must understand" he continued, his eyes losing a little determination, "is that I am in no alliance because I am in no war. I am not a nation, with things to lose. I make no alliances because I have nothing to defend."

"That is why I will defend what anyone--everyone--else holds precious."

He stepped into the center of the corridor, making a sweeping gesture, as if to invite not only Thomas and James, but the walls themselves, and whatever beyond, to listen. His voice was less emotional, now, and more like a professional actor, full and loud. "I am a soldier! I have seen the Darkness. I have fallen into despair so deep my heart drowned, and the Light itself could not revive me. And though you may never understand it, when that same despair rose again to threaten others, it was I, who had felt its horror and knew that fear-beyond-fear, who stood against it once more."

His voice held a quavering note, as though he were particularly enraptured by his own speech; it seemed to drown out his own feelings.
Thomas saw his eyes, and he began to wonder exactly what the man was really saying.

Spender turned with a flourish to point at James. "No, James," he said, his voice still wavering with excitement, but his eyes cool, guarded. "I see in your heart a nightmare, and I will not stand in its defense. I would stand against greater evil with you, or with any, but I do not call myself your ally."

SpoilerShow

Walt stood still, watching, his face controlled and neutral.

An actor, Greg thought, This man is an actor.

A skilled one, Eric agreed. That speech was passionate, moving, and completely opaque. He appears to mean and feel what he says, but at this point, there is no way to know.

Then we have a choice- do we trust the feeling that invaded our minds, or do we assume it is part of this act?

That choice must be made later. For now, we've only got one option.

Indeed. For now, at least, we must act as well.

The interesting thing about thought is its speed- not half a second after Spender's speech ended, Walt blinked, and Eric stepped forward, not standing next to Spender, but an equal distance from him and James.

"We must agree. While we can claim no knowledge of your heart or soul, we can know your words and your actions. You claim to come as a peaceful agent, but your actions bely your true nature. You demonstrate your prowess at destruction, then offer to spare us the same fate in exchange for an alliance? That is not the act of a peaceful man. That is not a peace offering. That is a threat. You have no interest in peace, no interest in co-operation. You only care for yourself, and we will not help you advance your own selfish goals.

"That said, we are a peaceful person. If you wish there to be peace between us, then there will be peace. If, however, you attack, we will not hesitate to retaliate. It is your choice."

"Choose."