Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base)
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Hijack Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Baphomet.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Weldar.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

Hijack Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Nobody seemed to be paying the old woman any mind, which suited her just fine. This sort of thing required some concentration, and oddly enough, some people seemed to object to it.

After a few minutes of work, a twisting, slightly-eerie design in browning-red had spread out from the corpse. Sister Clara stood up and dusted her knees, smiling at a job well done. Just one more thing to do, then. She cracked her knuckles, mentally reciting the incantation, and put just a little mental pressure here and here, and... done.

Black electricity crackled across the corpse's skin for a moment, and its limbs briefly jerked wildly. The dead man's arms and legs snapped to his sides and his eyes shot open, and he shakily got up, turning a blank stare towards the nun. She clapped happily and beamed.

"I've got some chores for you, then you can get back to bed."

Originally posted on MSPA by The Dr..

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Baphomet Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Schazer Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Trickster felt a shock when the nymph jumped up and pulled the sword on the man walking towards him. He could tell she wasn't a normal nymph, if she was so willing to up and pull a sword on such a large man for him. Nonetheless, he put his hand on her shoulder, and whispered, "Hey, be careful. I don't think he's hostile yet. Don't get yourself killed for me when we can still try a more civilized approach. I don't want to be responsible for your death to be honest." He eased her back and then stepped forward to greet the man. He looked much taller up close. He still felt intimidated, but he managed to keep down his shaking as much as possible as he repeated his greeting. "Hello, sir, how are ya?"

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by snoomanwaff.

'Cabaret' just stayed still in the hope that this D'neya girl would get bored and leave it alone.
SpoilerShow

"A bit confused with all this stuff happening all at once, but otherwise I'm fairly eager to get to know everyone else in this little situation."

"Er... alright." Trickster calmed down slightly, interpreting his reply as non-hostile.

"So, what exactly are you here for? You don't look quite the type to be chosen for a big fight. I mean, that little fireball thing was kinda cool, but what else do you do?"

Trickster thought for a moment. He knew it was best to keep his abilities unknown for as long as possible, yet he had to give some sort of reply. "I... do lots of stuff with fire."

Aegis threw his hands in the air, startling Trickster and the nymph. "Well, that certainly answers the question very thoroughly!"

Trickster stayed silent, unsure of what to say next.

"Alright, alright, I guess you just don't want to reveal all those secrets you have up your sleeve. Let's start again, a bit more friendly this time. I'm Aegis Cupris, and you are?" he said as he offered a handshake.

"You can call me 'Trickster'" he replied with a weak smile, lifting his hat in an attempt at formality. He returned the handshake reluctantly, and as he expected, it became numb for the next few seconds.

At once the nymph noticed this and stepped--or more, floated--between the men and drew her sword out again with a look of pure rage on her face.

What's up with her? Aegis thought, raising his hands passively. "Look, lady, where I come from a handshake is usually considered a form of friendly greeting, and I've yet to see someone say otherwise. No need for that sword."

The nymph backed down reluctantly.

"What's your name, by the way? We've made our introductions, what about you?"

Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Aph stared blankly at Aegis for several seconds, before silently turning her back from him to focus on the Trickster; her love and waved shlyly. Though she had only glimpsed him for the first time mere minutes ago, and though they had yet to exchange words she already knew that he felt it too. That his love for her ran just as deep as hers for him. When he had pushed her away from the scarred brute that stood behind her now she knew he was just as keen to protect her as she was to protect him. She stared into his brilliant emerald green eyes and smiled.
"My name is Aph." she said softly. "I..." she paused for a second and took a deep breath as her heart pounded in her chest. Not breaking eye contact she continued. "I love you Trickster."

Originally posted on MSPA by Telamon.

Larus relaxed, but only a little. There didn't seem to be anyone following him. Still watching for traps, he continued along the corridor, but the base's maze-like layout meant that he soon realized he was headed back towards the central room where he'd started. Approaching cautiously, he found himself peaking out at the older lady, the unsettling religious one. She appeared to be engaged in some sort of necromantic ritual with one of the dead soldiers. Well, that's...unsettling, but he's hardly one to judge. Using dead people doesn't seem any worse than making them.

Thinking back to the introduction, Larus figured she seemed nice enough, undead tendencies aside. Probably wouldn't react too badly to some friendly overtures. Waiting until the ritual seemed over, he cleared his throat. "Yes? What is it dearie?" said the sister, registering no surprise at all.

Larus rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I see you already got yourself a helper there, but why let one person do the work when you can split it between two? You watch my back, I watch yours, that kind of thing? Or we could just try to kill each other right now. Not, uh..." he paused, subconsciously taking a step backwards. "Not that I would have high hopes during such an exchange..."

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Sister Clara grinned softly. "Of course! I don't see any reason for any bloodshed anyway. Or figurative bloodshed, at least." She smeared a congealing sigil with her foot to break the circuit and keep the spell from trying to revive more corpses undirected. "I'm all too happy to have allies and friends!"

The nun extended a bony, slightly-cold hand and shook Larus's uniformly-grey one. "We haven't really been properly introduced. I'm Sister Clara."

"Name's Larus."

"Pleasure to meet you! Now, just give me a moment here..." She turned back to her lolling companion. "Just start laying out the bodies, if you would. Gather them up and get them ready for burial."

The zombie shambled off, gathering limbs, matching them to their owners, and dragging corpses to one side of the courtyard. Larus was a little put off by the way the undead soldiers intestines occasionally popped out, but was rapidly coming to the conclusion that Clara was a woman you wanted on your side.

Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow