Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base)
Originally posted on MSPA by The Dr..

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Korbz.

Hijack Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Korbz Wrote:
Hijack Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by snoomanwaff.

Hijack Wrote:
Korbz Wrote:
Hijack Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

D'Neya had no idea what to think. One minute she had been sitting back in her palace, pouring tea, and then suddenly she was just swept away. That man was telling her to fight? What authority did he have?

Of course, that settles it. Completely ignoring everything around her, D'Neya said simply "That's it. I'm a princess, he has no authority to tell me what to do. I'll just ignore his demands!"
She giggled, and then skipped off into the corridors.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Aph lay still on the cold grass. Her face set into a smile, and her eyes staring blankly. She lay there for a second or two, unaware of the world around her. Fixated on the person she had just met. The love of her life! She just knew it! The Monitor it had called itself. She knew it was a cliche to describe someone as tall, dark and handsome but she didn't care. It was perfect. As she'd stared at it, it's words had washed over her. She only noted how calm, yet commanding it's voice had sounded. The content of those words had been lost and Aph didn't care. She wished that it hadn't had to leave so soon, that it would be back again, soon... And then the feeling faded.

With the love gone Aph noticed that she was somewhere new. Lying in the grass. She pushed herself up into a half-sitting half-lying position and glanced around. The building was like nothing she had ever seen before. All metal and rivets and stone and concrete. It made her feel cold just to look at it. This place looked cold and uninviting. It made her shiver and wish she was still back on the streets of her own world. Even the discomfort of lying in dark cobbled alleyways seemed preferable to the world she saw around her. Then her eyes locked onto a young man in an unusual hat and all that was inconsequential. Immediately she knew, this man was the love of her life! That rugged masculine jawline, that handsome stubble. He was perfect. Aph frowned slightly as she looked at his expression, he looked concerned and started to charge a fireball from his fingertips. Aph's heart leapt for joy. A magician! She already had something in common with him. She fretted slightly and hoped she could learn some better magics fast. A noble magician like him would not be very impressed with her meagre abilities.

Aph barely even noticed as someone ran past her new love. If there was anyone else here they were of no consequence. Shyly she waved and hoped to catch his eye.

Originally posted on MSPA by starburst98.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Telamon.

EDIT: Nevermind.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Just sitting around hoping nobody would attack him would do nothing. There was some faint noise coming from behind that wall, so B went closer to it. Upon further inspection, the wall had a window on it. He recognized the one-way window style, as there were plenty of similar ones back home. Near it was a door with a keypad on it.
Locked. The keypad would probably unlock it, but Ben had no idea what the code could be.
"I... guess I'll be here a while anyway?"
With that, he started putting in numbers.
0-0-0-0
A buzzing sound.
0-0-0-1
Another buzzing sound.
0-0-0-2
An affirmative beep. 'That went a bunch faster than I thought it would take.'
The door unlocked, and B opened it, seeing the masked man, but with his back to the door.
"Are... are you Cabaret?"

Larus looked around warily. He was stewing inside. "Look at these people! I have to fight them?" There's one rule he'd lived by, and that was only fight normals. Good, ordinary, predictable humans, with no special powers or talents, just their hands and their wits. No matter how special they think they are, they all work the same, and are therefore easy to defeat. But these people, one glance was enough to tell him that these people weren't normal, weren't predictable, and wouldn't be easy to defeat.

Seeing that no one apparently intended to get dirty right off, he backed away cautiously, looking for a place to regroup and look for an opportunity, hopefully one that entailed others doing the heavy lifting. As he backed down a corridor, the was a soft, barely audible click. Reflexively, his flesh dissolved into mist, allowing the sudden hail of jagged metal fragments to pass harmlessly through him. After a quick look down at the remains of the trap, a hand grenade attached to a trip-wire, he beats a quick, but cautious retreat, embarrassed by his snafu, knowing that the explosion will probably attract unwanted attention.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

"What."

Aegis blinked and looked around the rather uninteresting courtyard he was in. He thought about what the Monitor said, chuckled to himself a little, and broke into a hearty laugh. So that's where the guy went. And there I was a few moments ago looking at the spot he disappeared from. A few moments more and his smile faded slightly. If that little wimp can make it 'pretty far', then I've got this in the bag. I hope he makes it through completely, though.

Aegis walked around the courtyard, ignoring the corpses around him. Maybe if I get through this fast enough, I'll be able to catch up to him. He reached the other side, turned around, and walked back the other way. That is, as long as we're in the same places. He eventually stopped in the center of the courtyard. To his right, a man in a top hat and missing a... neck... with an alien-looking feminine creature floating around him. To his left, an old woman, looking eerily skeletal and slightly frustrated. This is what I'm against? Aegis walked towards the neckless man, after deciding on a whim that these two looked slightly more interesting than the others.

Time to make some friends and make some enemies. Preferably both at the same time.

Trickster suddenly felt uneased by all of the sudden attention he was receiving from the people he was supposed to be hiding from. He turned to see a nymph staring at him with a gaze that, for a split second, mezmerized him, but he shook out of it. From his studies, he knew too that nymphs loved whomever they set their eyes on, so Trickster imagined that she wouldn't be of much trouble now; the sword she held was intimidating to him, still, and decided to wait until he knew more about the nymph to start getting too close to her.

Still more intimidating was the large, top-heavy man that was walking towards him; he was a grizzled man, one that he imagined had seen battle once or twice before. He walked formally, though Trickster didn't doubt that he might become violent quickly. He wore heavy gauntlets, and Trickster was amazed that he could so much as lift the bulky things.

He still kept his hands a little warm for good measure, but soon Trickster knew that he wasn't going to get out of this one by sneaking away. He didn't like working with other people, but he quickly realized he was going to have to push his peeves aside to get out alive. He slowly raised his gloved hands toward the nymph and said kindly, "Greetings, ma'am." He turned to do the same for the muscular man, but he was a bit scared, and his words came out shakily. "...'El-lo, siiir."

It sure wasn't the best he could do, but Trickster didn't care; however much friendliness he could get out of these people, the more likely to have allies in the inevitable battles that were to come.

Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

The old nun furrowed her brow at the retreating girl. She was definitely an odd one, and definitely needed someone to look after, but there were other things to attend to if she was just going to skip off like that. Sister Clara was nothing if not practical, and this whole place screamed that it needed someone with a firm hand and a cool head to get things moving smoothly again.

Siste Clara drew a needle out of the brim of her wimple and pricked her index fingers. This was going to be a little disrespectful, but desperate times and all that. She slid the needle back in, careful not to bloody her habit, and scanned the courtyard for a pretty-intact body. A young soldier a few yards to her left, dark-haired, handsome, and with a gaping wound where much of his torso should be would do the trick.

Watching the proceedings at the other end of the courtyard with mild interest, Clara strolled over to the body she'd selected. When she reached it, she got down on her knees and began drawing diagrams and runes around the fallen marine, humming happily to herself and periodically stopping to massage some blood back into her fingertips; this sort of thing had been easier when her heart was still beating.

Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Aph's heart fluttered as her love raised his hand and returned her wave, and soared when called out to her. She was not used to so much attention. Living on the streets people had done their best not to look at her, or failing that not to look her in the eye, and hurry on past her. She was amazed that her new love would acknowledge her at all, but to acknowledge her with a smile and a kind word... Aph swooned.

Her attention snapped back to her love, his voice was shaking as he greeted someone. Before she had time to even process the information she was up and rushing towards him, instinctually preparing her sword to fight off whomever might be treatening her love. She stopped in between her love and a heavily built and scarred man that was walking towards him. She held the sword out in front of her and screamed "Don't you dare hurt him!" at the grinning man.

SpoilerShow

'Cabaret' wiped the smile off it's mask and turned around to face the B child. "Why yes I am Cabaret." It answered, mentally going over what it knew about the magician. "In uh...more favorable conditions I would be aweing and impressing you." It said, pulling a birthday candle it had hidden inside of itself earlier out of it's 'sleeve' and proffering it to the child. Seeing the boy's hesitation It tried to make itself sound friendlier, "Oh don't worry, everyone needs a buddy in this sort of situation, we can stick together and protect each other." It chattered conversationally as it stepped out of a door and into a dimly-lit corridor.
It knew where the B child was but it wouldn't be able to easily find the other contestants unless it lost the B child or got lucky, it was partially a relief when part of the floor opened up as it stepped out of the lab and dropped into a deep, crude, but harmless to Bae, punji pit. It pressed itself flat amoung the twisted bits of metal that were welded to the bottom when it hit the ground and hoped the B child wouldn't investigate.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

D'Neya finished dragging the last of the bodies into the central table. It seemed she'd run into some sort of control room. Several corpses that had been laying around the area were moved around the central table.

"Now all I need is a tea set! Let's see, there HAS to be one around here somewhere..."

She wandered the corridors a bit, and came upon a large pit.
Hearing footsteps approaching, Bae quickly returned to his "Carabet" disguise, just in time for D'Neya to look down and see him twisted awkwardly.
She paid the deathtrap no mind.
"Excuse me mister, do you know where I can find a tea set? I want to have a tea party, but I need to find alot of stuff first."