Something ENTIRELY Different

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay so I had this little idea for one of this chain games and I thought I'd try it out if you guys dig it.

It's about writing.

There are two groups of people, one of them will make up and describe characters, and the other one will write a dialogue between two of them.

On the first turn, every person on the first group (waterdrops) will make up two characters, and they will be sent to different on the second group (turtles) (so every turtle gets characters from two different waterdrops)

[Image: LPrLJ.jpg]

Then every turtle writes a dialogue between the two characters they got. That dialogue gets sent to the corresponding waterdrop, who describes the two characters, and each description is sent to a different turtle.

[Image: 8Eufa.jpg]

This process continues until the characters reach their original waterdrops at which point everything is revealed. Of course after each step everything will be sent to me, and I'll send everything to whoever needs to get it.

I'm thinking of making the dialogues about a page long, and the descriptions about a couple paragraphs, but I'm kinda leaving it to the players discretion.

Also I'm looking for at least four turtles and four waterdrops, but more would be appreciated.

So LET'S GET SIGNIN' UP!

Turtles:
1.Dragon Fogel
2.Fabricati
3.AgentBlue
4.whoosh!
5.Woffles

Waterdrops:
1.Schazer
2.MrGuy
3.btp
4.g0m
5. Pick Yer Poison

RE: Something ENTIRELY Different
Sounds a bit confusing, but also fun. I'll be a turtle.
I'll take a turtly thing as well!
Drip drop
Waterdrop me
I drops.
I could turtle!
add me to the sick drops
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
Waterdrop!
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I'll be a turtle.
Oh, it's nice to see this getting filled up so fast! I'll probably give the starting shot around this friday. Also I think I'm gonna put a cap at... 7 of each? Otherwise this will end up dragging quite a bit.

(03-26-2012, 08:49 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Sounds a bit confusing, but also fun. I'll be a turtle.

You can always ask for clarification! I'm not very got at explaining, but I can make more informative collages!
Okay I'm not sure how to deal with this turtle to waterdrop imbalance.

I guess if nobody suddenly developed a terrible case of abandoning the internets, I can take the place of a turtle and pretend I know nothing. I don't think that will have much effect anyway.

If y'all are okay with this and/or don't have a better idea, this is what I'm going with.

Which means that you waterdrops can GET CHARACTERIZING.

I'm making a tentative deadline at April 9th, so y'know. Try your best to make it.
Oh if you need another turtle and you're golden beside that, sure! I'll take it!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
So er which turtles do I send to? Your diagram confused me, as I am one of simple mind
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
We send things to Epamy and he sorts the whole mess out.

This way, if anything goes wrong, it's entirely his fault.
Oh phew! That is a load off of my mind!
When you say describe, you mean an outline of their mannerisms, right? Or is it whatever we choose to note about them?
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
(04-01-2012, 05:57 PM)Woffles Wrote: »Oh if you need another turtle and you're golden beside that, sure! I'll take it!

Yay! Welcome to The Team!

(04-02-2012, 12:25 PM)Pick Yer Poison Wrote: »When you say describe, you mean an outline of their mannerisms, right? Or is it whatever we choose to note about them?

Well, in the following rounds it will be "whatever you can grasp from the dialogue", and that isn't necessarily limited to their mannerisms.

I will basically allow whatever, but I guess you should try to describe things that would matter in a normal dialogue, mostly so the turtle who gets your character isn't completely stumped.

I mean I'm sure our turtles would be able to write excellent dialogues between "Dude who always wears stripped shirts and also has a tattoo on his knee" and "Lady who isn't properly appreciated by her mom", but I don't think it's the point of this activity.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:We send things to Epamy and he sorts the whole mess out.

This way, if anything goes wrong, it's entirely his fault.

This is correct! EVERYTHING MUST BE SENT TO ME AND ONLY ME I AM INSATIABLE FEED ME WORDS

Oh, and I forgot to tell you. You should probably name all characters so things are not terribly confusing once I release everything.

But I guess A1 is a good enough name if that's what you're into.
Oh yeah! Getting characters in early, like a boss!
Aaaand with that we have compiled the charismatic collection of characters that will mutate with us through this adventure!

Each of them is holding their partner's hand (or equivalent) and they're embarking their PM's this very instant. They should reach their destination in less than an hour if no logistic inconveniences appear (i.e. my spreadsheet betrays me).

But this is a cruel experiment, and we want to give our characters just the right ammount of time to befriend each other and then abruptly separate the lovely couples and place each of them with a completely new stranger. That time has been estimated to be of around a week, so the deadline for their return is placed on April 18th a.k.a. next wednesday. (But the organization reserves the right to possibly ignore it due to shitload of exams and lab reports)

So you waterdrops write a dialogue between the two characters you get* and send that dialogue back before April 18th.

Oh and dialogues should be about a page long, but if you're feeling inspired you are allowed to go super wild.

*which should probably ignore the shitty storyline I just pulled out of my hat on this post
Do you want this in script form or in prose, or do you not care as long as there's plenty of dialogue? I've been writing a script, but I'm not particularly satisfied with the way it's going right now.
I'd prefer it to be in script form, but then again I'm more interested on having a bunch of interesting dialogues of any kind than a bunch of kind-of-adequate scripts.

So no, I do not care as long as there's plenty of dialogue.
I ended up rethinking the scene and made it a script after all. Hope you enjoy it!
Hah, sweet! And also ENJOYMENT ACQUIRED.
Man this weekend would be an awesome time to describe some characters.