Soda! (And other beverages too)

Poll: What drinks do you consume the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Just plain water
20.45%
9 20.45%
Soft drinks
27.27%
12 27.27%
Tea
4.55%
2 4.55%
Coffee
13.64%
6 13.64%
Juice
6.82%
3 6.82%
Milk
6.82%
3 6.82%
Soda water/Tonic water
4.55%
2 4.55%
Boooooze.
6.82%
3 6.82%
Usually mix two or more of the above together
2.27%
1 2.27%
EVERYTHING MIXED TOGETHER
6.82%
3 6.82%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Currently beside me is a mug (with a sun on it) and within it is a mug's worth of Coca-Cola™. Sort of. It's mixed, at four parts Coke to one part Apple and Aloe Vera juice, with apple juice that has aloe vera bits floating in it. Result is nom!

But in any case! What are your beverages of choice? What do you drink when at home? When working? When lazing about? When huddled under blankets on the couch with a book and and a mug of _____? What do you drink at buffets when they have those neat self-serve machines that let you have free refills (I mix everything :P)?
Re: Soda! (And other beverages too)
There are at least 10 empty coke cans in my room right now. I have a terrible habit. D:

I also drink a lot of coffee. Trying to get into the habit of drinking water most of the time, though.
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Soda and milk are the most had by me, though not at the same time of course. Juice is about tied with milk.

It's particularly dry out this time of year and I've been feeling unusually dehydrated the past few days. I really need to drink more plain ol' water than I do, but I don't like the taste, or lack thereof.
Doctor Pepper forever. When I first tasted it it was disgusting but now I can't stop drinking the stuff. The Doctor Pepper addiction is all consuming! All will eventually be infected! Flee! Flee while you still can!
I have always been unable to drink soda of any kind, and have recently found the same to be true of booze, as both carbonation and alcohol burn my mouth.

I feel so aloooooooooooone Blankaloupe
I drink far too much soda of various kinds but tend to just buy whatever Sainsburys has on sale that week, I have no particular brand loyalty
oh man you guys know what is actually the bestest beverage

hot cocoa

love it so much
Very topical question! Fact Seagull Just today I consumed a beverage!

My bf has been raving about his latest mix: heated milk, nutella, and godiva chocolate liqueur.
In my room here, there are currently... 79 empty cans of mostly Coke but a few of ginger ale. (That's mostly because I last emptied my recycling container in mid-September, though.)
I try to go mostly water. Some soda happens.
I drink quite a lot of water. But I've been drinking more teas the last couple of years, too (Unsweetened. I don't like sweet tea, for some reason.). But I like sodas too. And caffeinated beverages. I try not to overdo on those too much, though.
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
I drink uh, apple juice in the mornings usually, then sometimes water but mostly milk? Milk is my weakness it is too delicious.
Also lots of Coke whenever I've got too much schoolwork and I'm staying up late.
Milk is pretty much as close to food in liquid form you can get.

Like, even liquid-foodier than a burger put through a blender.
I drank part of a bottle of Dr. B (off brand Dr. Pepper. Still good.)

Then I filled it back up with tequila.

I am having some mostly orange juice right now.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE ARE DRINKS BESIDES COFFEE [Image: melonspa.png]
Schazer Wrote:Milk is pretty much as close to food in liquid form you can get.

Like, even liquid-foodier than a burger put through a blender.
Beer is liquid bread. It's true. The Brewers Association said it.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I'm pretty partial to juice. Generally smoothies, but normal juices are fine too.

But not orange juice. I hate that stuff.
it's a threeway between tea and softdrinks and boooooooooze
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
I...think I miiiight have a problem with soft drinks actually...because I drink them waaay too much

But it's not the sugaryness that gets me (but it's a nice bonus!) But what I'm really addicted to is bubbles. CO2 and its relevant happiness is like dancing on my tongue :3 I'll drink practically anything bubbly that isn't disgusting (I glare at youuu, red creaming soda that tastes like medicine) for the bubbles. Even tonic water, which actually tastes lemony and is nice.
EDIT: now it's a threesome between tea, soda, and booze.
don't ask

SpoilerShow
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
I am mostly a water drinker. I'm so boring. ;-;
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Hm. Coffee, and then there's me and trying to make decent spritzers out of pretty much any kind of juice.

Mmm, cranberry lime spritzer.
mmmmm Caffiene.
It's prolllly not a good sign that my coke bottle is empty when I bought it this afternooon
all 2.5 liters of iiit

and now I can't sleeeeeeeep

imma try again :3
wish me luck~
Don't mind the above ^, I was just messing around with some forum persimmons.

Also I've had fixin's recently for iced coffee?
On the Carbonation of Coca-Cola

When a fresh batch, bottle or can, of Coke is opened and poured into a dry, unused receptacle, the 'head', or mean bubble height, is roughly 50% of total poured volume (TPV) regardless of receptacle shape, dissipating at the same rate of pour considering that pour rate remains constant. Upon resealing and second pour, head height is then reduced to 25% of TPV, 10% in a wet container. Successive pours reduce carbonation level to the point where head disperses upon pouring, eventually resulting at 0% or unmeasurable head height at approximately seventh or eighth pour, the limit on household consumption in the case of a 2.3 liter bottle.

An ordinary mug should contain approximately 300 ml of liquid at full volume. This results in seven and 2/3 servings to empty a 2.3 liter bottle (unless I've royally screwed up my units...again :3). This shows that the maximum seen single-receptacle distribution of Coca-Cola is in fact not an accident but rather a carefully crafted design element to maximize BUBBLES Happymelon