if i saw my number on a slot machine i'd be stoked
RE: i got a discord thing so i might as well make all of you tell me yours ig
Sy #8935
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
How does discord even work
It's like Skype and IRC had a kid.
You can make group chats with multiple text and voice channels that work independently, people can drop in and out of voice chat without any one person hosting it, the server model is less beholden to one person's connection (but more so to the strength of discord's servers).
Also if you type /tts before your message then Siri will read it out for you.
Also if you ask Mraof nicely it already has Sbnkalny support.
And it has a more functional block system than IRC... not that hopefully you'd need that very much.

there's even a web client, if you don't want to install anything

It's missing a few features I like from Skype but it still seems to be small enough and not purchased by Microsoft enough to have competent developers.

tbh I got it because the MSPAFA reunion chat room was on there but mostly started using it more often just because a mutual friend of me and Sol was having issues where their mic would randomly cut out if they were in a Skype chat with someone in America
and it doesn't freeze all the time like Skype does

I'm not quite singing this program's praises over Skype from the trees like some people I know, but there's no denying that Skype's a fairly unreliable piece of shit and this program is mostly like Skype, except less unreliable

I/someone else could make an Eagle Time room but unless anyone had any plans to do an Eagle Time voice chat in the near future it's kind of redundant with the IRC room
voice chat can be fun times though
I made Discondor, hmu if folks want a link???

https://discord.gg/0uQjHYUAC8mMqEal
i got ben#2015 but i thought the number was fake so I didn't do anything about it
signature
I got this thing I am Akumu #7506
btp #9649

This seems like a pretty sweet platform!
Agenarchi #0888

I think?!?!
it automatically does that after 24 hours.
I am Reyweld #8428.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Not The Author #9335 reporting in

Not having used it yet it seems needlessly complicated but at least it doesn't take five minutes to boot up
Hey so I was thinking about games to play on Discord that don't leave me in a sulk (sorry, End Leg) and want to share Two Rooms And A Boom for interested folks. It's a lot like Mafia, but better in a few appreciable ways:
  • Games are short - half an hour tops.
  • Both sides - "scum" and "town" - are equally in the dark infowise (at least in the core game).
  • There's no lynching/nightkills, so everyone can be involved right up to the big reveal at the end.
  • All roles are known at gamestart (not who has 'em, though), so "experts" can't bullshit about roles "newbies" have never even heard of.
  • Game balance is super-easy! Six player minimum.

Basic Gameplay (strikeout is where I've modified the IRL version to fit a Discord setting):
  1. At gamestart, everyone is given a card informed via private messages with a GM indicating they're either on team Red or Blue.
    • Among these roles, there will be one Bomb and one President. The remainder of the roles will be an even split of Red Mook and Blue Mook.
    • If there are an odd number of players, one player will be the Gambler.
  2. Players are split into two even groups and moved to separate rooms Discord Voice Channels. The occupants of both rooms are always known to all. You can only communicate with individuals in your room, and everything you say must be audible to everyone in said room (no taking individuals aside for backroom deals).
  3. There are three rounds, each has a progressively shorter time limit (7 minutes, 5 minutes, and 3 minutes each). Within this time limit, each room's occupants must agree on a Hostage to send to the other room for the next round. After the time limit, hostages are exchanged and the next round begins.
    • Hostage selection is determined by a Leader, whose word is final. The Leader of each room is elected via majority vote during Round 1, and cannot be sent as Hostage. The Leader remains Leader in subsequent rounds, unless the room's occupants cast a majority vote in favour of ousting the leader and holding a reelection.
      • In the event of a tie, the Leader remains Leader. Tough shit!
  4. Revealing identities - Players can claim whatever role they like, but hard role claims (card reveals/mod confirmation) must always be an equal exchange between exactly two individuals. You may, for example, opt to fully reveal your [strk]cards[/i], or reveal only the color or the role. After publicly agreeing in front of the entire room to an info swap, the two individuals must PM the moderator detailing what information they wish to exchange, with whom. With a match, the Moderator will "swap" the requested info.

Team objectives:
After the third and final hostage swap, the Bomb detonates - everyone reconvenes and players' roles are revealed.
  • The Red team's win condition is to blow up the President - if the President and the Bomb were in the same room after the third round, Red wins!
  • The Blue team's win condition is to save the President - if the President and Bomb are in different rooms after the third round, Blue wins!
  • In games with an odd number of players, one player will be the Gambler. The Gambler reveals first at game end, and decides who they think won (Red or Blue). If they guess correctly, they get a joint win!

Let me know if any of the rules here are unclear! I'll probably set up some extra channels on Discondor to facilitate this - it's short so I'm not liable to schedule, just launch a game when there's numbers online.
I can recommend this game. I spent most of the first try humming elevator music, literally put my foot in my mouth during the second, and yet still our team won both.

10/10 would lead Our Glorious Blueness to victory again

EDIT: oh and I'm Sruixan #2068 in case it is ever relevant
the last round was extremely confusing due to a sequence of fuckups mostly orchestrated by president me, but that was still a very good time
Red won the third game you capitalist pigdog \m/