We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
rebirth has like, all of the old stuff and then more new stuff and also things like homing combo'd with technology like, work
should probably wait for the sale since you missed the presale for owners of the old game
There was a presale for owners of the old game?
Dagnabbit. Steam, you're supposed to tell me these things! That's one of the things I get in exchange for giving you my soul.
If you aren't going to keep up your end of the bargain, then maybe I'll just go and take my soul BACK, how about that? Eh? EH?
yeah, some kind of "good faith" thing or something since they're basically reselling the same game but with all the problems fixed

ofc i'm of the "well why didn't you actually fix the first game" position and will wait for a larger discount since i am not in any rush to own it
it literally wasn't possible to add anything more to the first game, because Flash is shit
it was already composed of multiple flash files because anything else would crash the program every time it was time to compile, the FPS and memory issues were also because of Flash
"remaking the game from the ground up with a program that's not flash" was the only way to fix any problems as the root cause of most of them was "Flash is a bloated sack of shit"

the contents of BoI:R are composed of the sum total of the first game and the DLC and then about 50% more on top, it's less "the original with fixed problems" and more "the original as Ed McMillen originally wanted to make it but couldn't and then also larger"

If you put hundreds of hours into the original you will probably put hundreds of hours into the sequelremake

It's more than just "what you've already played with a new can of paint", essentially.
Also what is repainted used really good paint.
(11-16-2014, 08:41 PM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »Lankie, should I get Rebirth if I already have the original?

Yup pretty much what Jaq said, Rebirth is BOI +50% of content +pretty much superior in every way. Loads of items now combine together to make really cool effects, the framerate is real smooth and consistent now, there's a whole new soundtrack to the game (your mileage may vary on that one. Now that I'm used to it I think it's better but I do miss some of the old tracks)

It's real good! The extra content and improvements are totally worth the price of admission, it's pretty much a whole new game.
i saw a video where somebody got homing + brimstone + hook fly or whatever it's called and that was pretty amazing and sold me on it
So, it's a Director's Cut.
binding of issac 1.5 hd remix 1000000 hours over two cross tekken
[Image: ftdante.png][Image: AndKnuckles.png]
(11-17-2014, 12:30 PM)cyber95 Wrote: »i saw a video where somebody got homing + brimstone + hook fly or whatever it's called and that was pretty amazing and sold me on it

I found a ridiculous combination of Chocolate Milk(charge shot), Monstros lung (charge shot that shoots a shotgun spray of tears like monstro) and Rubber cement (tears bounce off of enemies and walls until they hit your max range)

It one-shot every room except mom, which was two (and then I got moms knife which ruined everything)

I didn't get a good picture of it in action though but it was pretty intense
WARNING: HUGE
SpoilerShow
[Image: 76561197978639938.png]
I've been playing nothing but Rebirth.
I beat the last boss, then I beat the next last boss, then I beat the extra next last boss, then I beat the alternate next last boss, then I beat the boss after the alternate next last boss that I never even managed to reach in the original game.
And it's not done. There's something else in the game, something so secret I have neither seen nor heard of it.
Very excited.

There are some neat items in this game, too.
I tried the D4 recently. A good pick, if you feel your character isn't broken enough. Just keep using it until you're an omnipotent abomination. It doesn't take long.
beware the glus
SimAnt was a goddamn highlight of my childhood.
Now someone wants to make it bigger, better, and Dwarf-Fortress inspired

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/173...ndbox-game
It's at $7000/20000, and it's got 10 days to go. I've never wanted a kickstarter game to succeed as much as I want Formicarium to succeed.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I've got two free copies of Insurgency left from the latest Humble Bundle if anyone wants one

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=8GdhwcbbeNKv72hh
Edit:That was fast!
[Image: 76561197978639938.png]
I picked up Saints Row: The Third from the Exploration sales last week, and I haven't come up for air since :P

I will admit they haven't quite managed to cover the inherent sexism with the silliness of it all, but I can see where they tried. Conversely, I can also see where they didn't try or didn't even occur to them to try [cough cough Zimos cough], which is upsetting, but on the other hand it's not so offputting as to make me put the game down and never play it again. Which I suppose says terrible things about me.

Tanks are fucking awesome.
Try 4 when you can, it's an even better takedown of the silliness of the genre and a bit more conscious of such as well thankfully (parts of 3 were yeah somewhat off).

Also it does superpowers like Crackdown wished it could.
Picked up crackdown for free last year. not such a great thing, but it was still amusing climbing right up a hostile mansion island and beating the crap out of the boss while under fire from a few dozen armed mafioso
Related to earlier Saints talk:

Fuck loose flagstones. - 3-
I like this character
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Wrong thread guys report me pls

USER WAS ALL THE WAY BANNED FOR THIS POST
FOR REAL GUYS
I'M SERIOUS

- METHANE MAGNET
Citizen "Infrared" was reported and administrated at. Move along.
Hashtag Pls free infrared
Actually, it's about about ethics in the videogames chat thread
Or, I guess, if it's about things Felonious Forumite Infrared has declared

It's about ed-icts in the videogames chat thread
The edict is that all videogames should be banned.