Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
(06-01-2014, 02:52 AM)Wheat Wrote: »there are little clip on extension shades you can clip onto your reg. glasses.

I've only found the ones with magnets and my glasses are made of some kind of plastic. Also i want to wear aviator sunglasses, i guess i'll get regular glasses in the form of those.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
You'd look pretty legit in some wayfarers or clubmasters.
But aviator are the coolest Blankaloupe

If i get wayfarers i think i could totes cosplay

<------ Meloncooly
Aviators are pretty easy to break tho. I've never broken a pair of wayfarers.
now if only it wasn't for the whole 'shrapnel in eye' thing you would look badass
I'm surprised they didn't break to pieces.
if you could get that laminated somehow, it'd be safe for looking like a battle damaged boss
I don't think putting your shades in a freezer bag will be useful for you
It might be if he wants to look...
...COOL.
Please get out
The Baman Piderman Kickstarter was doubly funded. Rejoice.
I've been having to bike home late from school the past bunch of nights, because I get picked up there to go to driving school in the evening, then ask to get dropped off so I can pick my bicycle up (else I'm kind of fucked for the following morning).

This is a minor inconvenience, exacerbated somewhat by a) the lamp battery on my bicycle dying, and b) the fact the rainy season's started, so most morning's I'm tossing on rain pants and a raincoat before heading out the house.

Tonight, though, it had stopped raining around quarter past eight, when I got dropped off outside the school again. It rather graciously continued to not rain, but the darnedest thing was that, from about two thirds of the horizon, sheet lightning kept periodically happening. I got to enjoy a thunderstorm, outside, completely dry. There was so much lightning my whole trip home (which does take a couple back roads which are more or less unlit) that it wasn't actually dark. I mean, it wasn't like daylight or anything, but I could make out way more details than I normally could've that time of night. There was this naturally light pollution and I've never seen anything like it.

I'm home now, two hours later after having stopped for dinner at my friend's cafe, and there's still the occasional flash of lightning. It's just excellent.
i meant if you could just maybe get a coating or clear, not smudged resin on it so that it wouldn't fall apart, you could stick the lens back in and act like you just got out of a brawl and you don't give a shit about your range of vision without shards falling into your eye

but this....works?

too?
Destroyed the driving exam, so now all I need is to take one day off of work some time next month, go shit a final theory test, and I can finally fucking drive cars around.
Passed the first year of my degree with a high 2:1! As in, I somehow didn't fail the pure paper that I was really bloody worried about, I got a very good mark on the applied paper that I'm going to need to get into the options I want, and I racked up 98% on the computational project, which is entirely worthless yet more than a little gratifying...

(and if anyone asks why I didn't get the first I was predicted, my current plan is to stare at them and say "because I got a 2:1 instead" with the straightest face I can manage. This should work perfectly fine on everyone)
SpoilerShow

this just happened
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Guess who just got not!engaged?

(boyf and i have decided to get a civil union sometime next year)
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
congratulations~!~!~!! :3
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
Yay Plaid! Congratulations :D
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I just had a person I only just met a day ago and a person very close to me tell me that I am a very good person with deep sentiment, out of the blue.

:)
Neat! That's always so pleasant to hear specially when unexpected.

Also gratz Plaid.

I need to get better at writing resolutions to the personal problems i share online: My relatives left after 15+ days in presumably bad terms with my mother, which is kinda good i guess because they won't come back but it sucks 'cause they didn't use to be like that, my aunt has issues. But whatever i'm finally able to relax at home.
My bro is gonna have a baby that's also good i guess, i just helped them move out and am super exhausted. Also i start teaching next Tuesday and i have no fucking idea of what to do because the training sucked dick; this is slowly turning into a flip-out.
One of the local (read: All of New Zealand and Australia) comic publishers has been doing an end of year round up and doing short interviews with a bunch of creators from the relevant regions. Not only did one of my best friends get interviewed, but about half of the other creators have mentioned her book as one of the things they most enjoyed this year, which is the warmest of fuzzies.

(psst: you can read it here)
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Yo
[Image: S1E7zQi.png]
This guy right here
[Image: xwldX.gif]
This lemon is delicious.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
Which lemon?