This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
is shitposting about animu ships against a rule?
is that a rule I could break?
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
Thread x Forum is best yuri/yaoi/divine-fornication
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(07-19-2014, 01:29 AM)TickTickTockTock Wrote: »is shitposting about animu ships against a rule?
is that a rule I could break?

[Image: hLzUuVA.jpg]
[Image: 2adSUTI.jpg]
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
That's not even "teehee I'm a rebel" funny, it's just annoying

Please don't do that again
I'm really sorry, I got carried away.
I'll delete it.
The anime post I took no issue with; it was the now-deleted page-stretchingly huge repost of it that made me raise my mod head.
Schazer, can I take this to mean you are some sort of bizarre, multi-headed chimera-like being?
Guys, when was the last time you pulled an all-nighter and why did you do it? I've done it many times before but this is the first time i've been anxious about it, i guess i want to appear all professional and look like i'm in control of my life for the first time ever. I'm starting training for a teaching job in 1 hour.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I last pulled an all-nighter because I was addicted to Minecraft.

It was not the best decision ever.
I feel like the all-nighters that don't work are the ones you plan for.
Nowadays I can "afford" to do them for really frivolous reasons, though since I started living somewhere rural enough that I felt ok leaving my curtains open at night I get up ass-early no matter if I go to bed at 10pm or 3am.

All-nighters' managability is proportional to how much shit you gotta do the day after. If you have a full day ahead of you and little chance to go out and grab yourself something caffeinated between busy periods, I'd try for whatever sleep you can manage instead and get up with the sun.

I'm personally discouraged from pulling all-nighters if I know I don't have teas and other sugary drinks to keep me trucking the next work day. On the other hand, buying a six-pack of instant mocha sticks is basically equivalent to giving myself at least two (maybe three) weeknights to indulge my bad sleep habits.
Well, now that my exhaustingly full uni day is over, I would gladly back up Schaz's findings; all that block placing wasn't worth it at all x_x
My personal experience is that all-nighters are usually not worth it for schoolwork if you can afford to do it after having slept instead, since your ability to think and get stuff that involves thinking done starts to drop off pretty drastically after a while.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I spent the occasional semester or two doing all nighters once a week. It sucked since it was pretty much the only way I could keep up with my homework loads. Needless to say it was not really a sustainable schedule so I got to make with the lovely choice between getting homework done, being awake for classes, or making enough money to pay rent.
I have really bad insomnia most of the time, so going to sleep at the same time everyday is practically a foreign concept to me.

My best advice is to place your alarm clock way over on the other side of the room so that you can't just roll over and go right back to sleep after turning it off.

Also, try to avoid building up a virtual immunity to caffeine over the course of several years because that only makes things worse. Don't be like me kids.
Can confirm: trying to do quantum mechanics or electrodynamics is a terrible idea while drunk.
On the other hand, you can make hilarious typos and share random, amusing thoughts while drunk.

My all-nighter was successful by the way, i managed to stay alert during most of the day with the help of a small, cold capuccino. 3/10 would not do again.
Congrats! Here's hoping you don't have to again anytime soon.
I just realized we have a large and comprehensible database of sleep deprivation in the form of a Malkyhall.
That's what i was referencing, yes.

To continue the conversation about sleeping habits, do you guys like to stay up late? Personally i fucking love it, everything is peaceful most of the time and slightly less hot, and i hate mornings with a passion.
I'm a real night owl. Even if i manage to get myself into a routine where i wake up early, i slowly revert back to being awake at night :B

This was most noticable when i went to europe; no jet lag and perfectly adjusted to their timezone, then back to being awake at night by the time i left.
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
My schedule tends to migrate toward nocturnal if I don't do anything about it.
At one point in college I thought maybe it made sense to just go ahead and let it invert, so that I went to bed just after class and got up in time to catch the end of dinner for breakfast. It turned out that this was not actually a good idea.
I like staying up late simply by virtue of the fact that I can work without being interrupted every five minutes.
I don't try to, but I do all the time. Case in point: it's 2 am. Last night it was 3 am. I wake up at 9:30 am every weekday. This is very bad for me but I can't stop :<